These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Just trashed a crow

First post First post
Author
Inxentas Ultramar
Ultramar Independent Contracting
#21 - 2012-11-09 10:06:24 UTC
I once warped a Republic Fleet Firetail into a set of sentry guns under GCC, after showing someone outside of my corporation how webs & scrams work... Blink
MyB1atch
D.M.T inc
#22 - 2012-11-09 10:42:00 UTC
reprocessed 75000 cap booster 800 in a station with low standings, not a happy bunny
MyB1atch
D.M.T inc
#23 - 2012-11-09 10:43:45 UTC
bit off topic but..
put a drake on market for 10 bill more than intended, taxes hurt a bit
CCP Eterne
C C P
C C P Alliance
#24 - 2012-11-09 11:36:00 UTC
Barrogh Habalu wrote:
Or maybe just to realize that repackaging serves no purpose unless you are dealing with ships. It maybe was alright to make players do game engine's work in 2003 (okay, let's disregard the fact that it wasn't already fine in 1995), but it's questionable practice today.

OT: Got rid of container with like 200 mil of stuff in it...
...turns out, I've just repackaged said container and all contents survived. Phew.

No way. I hate stuff sitting unstacked in my hangar.

The worst thing I've ever done is reprocess a Navy Augoror that I had a large emotional attachment to, as it had been a gift to my best friend that was given back to me when said friend left the game. Luckily I petitioned the mistake and was given it back.

EVE Online/DUST 514 Community Representative ※ EVE Illuminati ※ Fiction Adept

@CCP_Eterne ※ @EVE_LiveEvents

Inquisitor Kitchner
The Executives
#25 - 2012-11-09 11:37:03 UTC
CCP Eterne wrote:
Barrogh Habalu wrote:
Or maybe just to realize that repackaging serves no purpose unless you are dealing with ships. It maybe was alright to make players do game engine's work in 2003 (okay, let's disregard the fact that it wasn't already fine in 1995), but it's questionable practice today.

...turns out, I've just repackaged said container and all contents survived. Phew.

The worst thing I've ever done is reprocess a Navy Augoror that I had a large emotional attachment to, as it had been a gift to my best friend that was given back to me when said friend left the game. Luckily I petitioned the mistake and was given it back.

Mass of petitions from mis-clicks in 3.....2......1.....

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared." - Niccolo Machiavelli

Skippermonkey
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#26 - 2012-11-09 11:37:52 UTC
...my reputation?

COME AT ME BRO

I'LL JUST BE DOCKED IN THIS STATION

Matthew97
#27 - 2012-11-09 11:42:39 UTC
Quote:
All reimbursement requests must be sent within a week (7 days) from when the loss occurred. After that time we will not provide reimbursement.

Quote:
4. RECYCLED ITEMS

Recycling is a feature offered at many stations. Players may use the recycling facilities to "melt down" unwanted items into their component minerals.

Items recycled accidentally may be reimbursed on a case-by-case basis, but only if the minerals received can be recovered.

http://community.eveonline.com/pnp/reimbursment.asp

Just in-case it happens in the future ;)
Val'Dore
PlanetCorp InterStellar
#28 - 2012-11-09 11:51:36 UTC
Well, back in my megacorp days, I was going to refine 5 BN ISK worth of ore... that was the intention anyway.

The corp wasn't happy and I ended up paying out damages.

Star Jump Drive A new way to traverse the galaxy.

I invented Tiericide

Diesel47
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#29 - 2012-11-09 13:18:49 UTC
CCP Eterne wrote:
Barrogh Habalu wrote:

Shocked

Petitioning for my crow.
Speedy McSpeed
Galactic Exploration and Mining Corporation
#30 - 2012-11-09 13:32:07 UTC
Matthew97 wrote:
Quote:
All reimbursement requests must be sent within a week (7 days) from when the loss occurred. After that time we will not provide reimbursement.

Quote:
4. RECYCLED ITEMS

Recycling is a feature offered at many stations. Players may use the recycling facilities to "melt down" unwanted items into their component minerals.

Items recycled accidentally may be reimbursed on a case-by-case basis, but only if the minerals received can be recovered.

http://community.eveonline.com/pnp/reimbursment.asp

Just in-case it happens in the future ;)

I didn't know this. Good to know in case my left mouse button finger ever has a spaz attack.
Anslo
Scope Works
#31 - 2012-11-09 13:43:35 UTC
Nothing. I look before I click \o/
And if I don't, I make sure the trash confirmation window is on (o/

[center]-_For the Proveldtariat_/-[/center]

ISD Suvetar
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#32 - 2012-11-09 13:45:37 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Suvetar
I remember trashing a Domination Stasis Webber back in 2005.

I think I may have actually cried Sad

Free like to anyone who remembers that modules optimal range before the Webber nerf!

http://web.archive.org/web/20050207170250/http://www.eve-i.com/home/crowley/page/page_objectexplorer.php?id=294

15km Optimal range with a 90% reduction in velocity!

[b]ISD Suvetar Captain/Commando Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs) Interstellar Services Department[/b]

Anslo
Scope Works
#33 - 2012-11-09 13:48:03 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Suvetar
ISD Suvetar wrote:
I remember trashing a Domination Stasis Webber back in 2005.

I think I may have actually cried Sad

Free like to anyone who remembers that modules optimal range before the Webber nerf!

http://web.archive.org/web/20050207170250/http://www.eve-i.com/home/crowley/page/page_objectexplorer.php?id=294

15km Optimal range with a 90% reduction in velocity!

My condolences Sad

[center]-_For the Proveldtariat_/-[/center]

Tarvos Telesto
Blood Fanatics
#34 - 2012-11-09 13:55:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Tarvos Telesto
I dont trash my own items, but when i was owner of three accounts, during multibox pvp, in panic i missclik on overview and i lock my self, activate sweet alpha strike form torpedo typhoon and deal xx.xxx damage to own command ship on alt, while combat in low sec Oops when i realise this my alt was on hull ;) just helping enemy to kill my self ;) My best epic fail so far.

EvE isn't game, its style of living.

Aptenodytes
Reckless Abandon
#35 - 2012-11-09 14:27:44 UTC
In a fleet of about 100, at a gate in low sec. Hey I can pop downstairs to grab a beer I am sure, I'll only be 2 minutes, can't be bothered waiting for a bio break.

Came back with my beer, to find myself in a clone station... oops... T2 fit thrasher killed and podded by a Slasher...
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#36 - 2012-11-09 17:11:40 UTC
Skippermonkey wrote:
...my reputation?

"Priceless......"

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Barrogh Habalu
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#37 - 2012-11-12 07:51:17 UTC
CCP Eterne wrote:

That's what you get when people are too focused on particular game with ancient flaws so that they can't even imagine things working otherwise. I mentioned "players doing engine's work" exactly because of this - inventory can't tell stackable stuff from unstackable and instead demands player to tell it. Any particular reasons to have "unpackaged" items that are identical to each other (and packaged ones), but don't stack in inventory (damaged items aside since now they aren't really identical)? I mean, aside from the fact that it was coded in a crunch back then so that they have different IDs and variables attached to them, but noone cared enough to make the game convert those items freely (just like they are already converted when put into slot, but other way) without player clicking that small, taking time to aim with mouse and click, at the risk of missclicking, button?

In fact I'm very disheartened by this coming from CCP employee. One problem is when dev team don't have time to sort everything, but it's completely another when they don't even see a problem.

The way to sort this out was invented long before we all were born probably, and I suggest to try it: hire some young people, preferable definitely those who have never played EVE. I'm sure that there is a ton of coding/troubleshooting duties that they will be able to do nevertheless. But the main reason behind hiring them is that they will help you to, figuratevely speaking, tell stone knives from microcontroller-operated electrocutter and can actually suggest you to remake former into latter. And since that will include rather ineffectual (gameplay-wise) code grinding, hey, you now have some hands to do exactly that! Smile

And, by the way, that can be helpful in sorting inventory problems. It's just impossible to tell what's wrong with it when you are using it for ages and habit makes it better to you than anything you can come up with, not to mention that habits make you overlook some things absurd for normal human being, just like in example that made me post this reply.
Ravenclaw2kk
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#38 - 2012-11-12 08:47:22 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Diesel47 wrote:
I fly from jita to dodixie to pick up a crow, I exit my shuttle and try to trash it.. To my horror I trashed my crow instead. Rofl.

Whats somethings you've trashed/reprocessed unwittingly?

I accidentally put a Small Amarrian Tower on the Market in Rens....leaving off one vital zero.

It sold before the 5 minute time limit for modification. Oops

You could have just bought your own item back.
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#39 - 2012-11-12 09:33:33 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Diesel47 wrote:
I fly from jita to dodixie to pick up a crow, I exit my shuttle and try to trash it.. To my horror I trashed my crow instead. Rofl.

Whats somethings you've trashed/reprocessed unwittingly?

I accidentally put a Small Amarrian Tower on the Market in Rens....leaving off one vital zero.

It sold before the 5 minute time limit for modification. Oops

Why didn't you just buy it?

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#40 - 2012-11-12 12:46:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Remiel Pollard
I've done a few stupid things in my time on EVE so far, all of which I've learned from, but I've yet to do this - I think the closest I've come to this was accidentally blowing wrecks out of the sky by hitting F1 instead of F2.... now I move my salvager modules to the Alt-Fx spots to avoid accidents.

Just as a footnote... when I saw the thread title sitting in the forum, I thought it said "Just thrashed a cow".... I giggled.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Previous page123Next page