These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Faction Warfare Idea

Author
Ilandrin Yona
Doomheim
#1 - 2011-10-20 01:20:42 UTC
Here's an idea I had to make changing sovereignty in faction warfare more meaningful. Though I think the following could occur in hisec as well as lowsec. (Actually, I personally think hisec should be susceptible to changing sovereignty, too, but maybe that's going a bit far.)

Step one: Amarr and Caldari expel all Minmatar and Gallente corporations from their sovereign space. Minmatar and Gallente do the same to Amarr and Caldari corporations. All space stations formerly controlled by enemy corporations are taken over by friendly corporations. In addition, capsuleers working for an enemy state are no longer allowed to dock in stations controlled by the sovereign faction. This would also apply to those with significantly negative standing to the sovereign faction.

Step two: Faction warfare agents send militia capsuleers into enemy territory to set up secret, hidden stations. Capsuleers would be directed to locations with heavy interference to make scanning them out difficult. They may also be located in deep space beyond the edges of the farthest planetary orbit. This station can be used by any caspuleer with good standing, not just militia pilots. These stations would be extremely minimalist and not have any station services except ship fitting. Neither can this station be used for market buying/selling or contracts.

Step three: Special agents are set up in sovereign controlled stations. They hang out in seedy bars on station looking for sympathizers. (Thus making Incarna useful.)

Step four: When approached by a sympathetic capsuleer (Sympathetic meaning they have good standing with the agent's faction), the special agent offers information on the location of the hidden base in exchange for completing a task (to earn trust). This task would involve attacking assets of the sovereign state.

Step Five: After the capsuleer successfully completes the given task, the special agent provides the capsuleer with a bookmark to the hidden station.

Step six: The capsuleer is now able to use the hidden station as a base of operations for missions against the holder of sovereignty in that solar system.

Step seven: Capsuleers working for the sovereign state in a system scan down the location of the hidden enemy station. This should be very difficult but not impossible.

Step eight: These capsuleers fly to the station and commence attack. The station mounts a defense and sends an SOS to all nearby friendly capsuleers.

Step nine: Whether the station is ultimately destroyed or not, it is no longer a viable base of operations. Return to step two.

... ..... ....... ... ..... ....... ... ..... ....... ... ..... ....... ... ..... .......

My Eve Biography:

Ilandrin Yona

Tyme Xandr
Weyl Manufacturing
#2 - 2011-10-20 04:06:46 UTC
Interesting idea. But im not really following it completely. Would these be POS sized stations? itd be hard not to find these. Also, since FW dudes cant dock (under ur rules) in these systems, all their stored stuff would be destroyed when the 'hidden base' goes pop?

Ilandrin Yona
Doomheim
#3 - 2011-10-20 05:35:34 UTC
Tyme Xandr wrote:
Interesting idea. But im not really following it completely. Would these be POS sized stations? itd be hard not to find these.

I was imagining something small, but that you could still dock in. It would allow storage and ship fitting only, though. As far as keeping it hidden, I was imagining that they would be specifically designed to be extremely hard to scan down. The story explanation would be that they are placed in areas with high levels of interference.

Tyme Xandr wrote:

Also, since FW dudes cant dock (under ur rules) in these systems, all their stored stuff would be destroyed when the 'hidden base' goes pop?

Yes. This *is* war afterall. And isn't Eve supposed to be harsh? I know it would suck, but it's really their own fault if they leave their whole inventory of stuff in one of these stations. Though, being so small, it's not likely these hidden bases could hold much more than a few spare modules and ammo.

... ..... ....... ... ..... ....... ... ..... ....... ... ..... ....... ... ..... .......

My Eve Biography:

Ilandrin Yona