These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Miners of The Proveldtariat Rejoice!

First post
Author
Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#21 - 2012-11-06 12:24:40 UTC
Nanatoa wrote:
Am I in your database yet?

May i be in your database ? ^_^
Anslo
Scope Works
#22 - 2012-11-06 13:19:38 UTC
Myxx wrote:
Anslo is not a name I predicted would turn up with an idea like this. Most interesting.

Now where is that popcorn I made?

Hi Myxx! Smile

[center]-_For the Proveldtariat_/-[/center]

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#23 - 2012-11-06 13:28:08 UTC
Some Rando wrote:
So, uh, some miners finally decided to create content, eh?

Here's hoping....

And it only took a decade of getting pushed around lol.
Arduemont
Rotten Legion
#24 - 2012-11-06 13:29:41 UTC
Bravo.

Posting in a thread that isn't a whine thread.

Perhaps, after Retribution, you could turn this into a charity. Rich sadistic bastards could put bounties on people using active characters for bumping. Mercs could use the page to know which corps to wardec to get the bounties. Marvellous.

"In the age of information, ignorance is a choice." www.stateofwar.co.nf

Plaude Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2012-11-06 13:30:12 UTC
Torvin Yulus wrote:
Clystan wrote:
So - let me get this straight -

"For now, we await submissions. The database will hopefully be running by this week with your help. Together, we will push back this vile infection in our peaceful homes. We will rise, we will eliminate this threat…and we will promptly return to afk-mining!

For our Freedom

For our Rights

For the Proveldtariat o7"

You feel that AFK mining is a right?

damn straite

i have an inalienable right to mine how I want to mine.

And James 315 and his bumping-fleets have the right to bump you out of mining range if they want.

Also, Chribba isn't the founder of your little anti-bumper group, so you don't have the legal right to use the word "veld" in your group's name, without paying Chribba a massive sum of ISK for copyright infringement (since that's practically his trademark). And for giving the word "veld" a bad name. Mostly for the latter, really.

New to EVE? Want to learn? The Crimson Cartel will train you in the fields of _**your **_choice. Mainly active in EU afternoons and evenings. Contact me for more info.

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#26 - 2012-11-06 13:33:02 UTC
Torvin Yulus wrote:
Clystan wrote:

"For now, we await submissions. The database will hopefully be running by this week with your help. Together, we will push back this vile infection in our peaceful homes. We will rise, we will eliminate this threat…and we will promptly return to afk-mining!

For our Freedom

For our Rights

damn straite

i have an inalienable right to mine how I want to mine.

They only rights men have (in real life, or EVE ,both of which are harsh environments) are rights they can fight for and defend. In other words, there is no such thing as "rights".
Some Rando
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2012-11-06 13:35:32 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Here's hoping....

Yes, well, about that... I get the feeling it's not actually miners creating this content.

CCP has no sense of humour.

Anslo
Scope Works
#28 - 2012-11-06 13:36:00 UTC
Plaude Pollard wrote:
And James 315 and his bumping-fleets have the right to bump you out of mining range if they want.

Also, Chribba isn't the founder of your little anti-bumper group, so you don't have the legal right to use the word "veld" in your group's name, without paying Chribba a massive sum of ISK for copyright infringement (since that's practically his trademark). And for giving the word "veld" a bad name. Mostly for the latter, really.

No, he doesn't have that right. If he was just bumping bots, REAL bots, I might have joined is merry band of tight wearing bumpers in feathered caps.

But no, he used this bot-aspirant crap to dictate that anyone mining wants to be a bot.

Say whatever you want about your "rights," but your rights end where they infringe on the miners. And we will enforce that.

As for Chribba, of course he isn't the founder. He's too busy being Chribba and manly, whilst swimming in a frozen lake fighting ice dragons and eating their flesh over an open fire with a mug of Meade...

Erm ahem..

Arduemont
Rotten Legion
#29 - 2012-11-06 13:36:08 UTC
Plaude Pollard wrote:

And they have a right to put James and all his little bum buddies on a massive list for griefers all over New Eden to take advantage of.

"In the age of information, ignorance is a choice." www.stateofwar.co.nf

Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#30 - 2012-11-06 13:39:19 UTC
No, your rights end in optimal+2*falloff
Tallian Saotome
Nuclear Arms Exchange Inc.
#31 - 2012-11-06 13:42:35 UTC
Anslo wrote:

As for Chribba, of course he isn't the founder. He's too busy being Chribba and manly, whilst swimming in a frozen lake fighting ice dragons and eating their flesh over an open fire with a mug of Meade...

Chribba fanfics.....

Please tell me thats not the scene where he is visited by Batman, Robin, and The Mittani for a massive orgy. Shocked

Inappropriate signature removed, CCP Phantom.

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#32 - 2012-11-06 13:46:20 UTC
Arduemont wrote:
Plaude Pollard wrote:

And they have a right to put James and all his little bum buddies on a massive list for griefers all over New Eden to take advantage of.

Two can play that game, if a list of bumpers is generated for the purpose of giving people targets then I can guarantee that a similar list will be generated for miners, things will escalate quickly, ships will explode, some players will cry endless rivers of tears, while others will giggle like maniacs. I have a fair suspicion of who will do the former and I know who will be doing the latter.

Fair play to the makers of the Proveldtariat for stepping up to the mark, let the fun begin.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Kainotomiu Ronuken
koahisquad
#33 - 2012-11-06 14:13:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Kainotomiu Ronuken
Anslo wrote:
No, he doesn't have that right. If he was just bumping bots, REAL bots, I might have joined is merry band of tight wearing bumpers in feathered caps.

But no, he used this bot-aspirant crap to dictate that anyone mining wants to be a bot.

Of course he has the right to do it. Your joining our 'merry band' has no relevance as to whether or not we're allowed to bump whom we please.

And besides, can you really deny that mining, as a profession, is the first step on the road to becoming a bot? Even if you interact with the game while mining, you're certainly not interacting with your 'roid once you've targeted it and started your lasers.

Jonah Gravenstein wrote:

Two can play that game, if a list of bumpers is generated for the purpose of giving people targets then I can guarantee that a similar list will be generated for miners, things will escalate quickly, ships will explode, some players will cry endless rivers of tears, while others will giggle like maniacs. I have a fair suspicion of who will do the former and I know who will be doing the latter.

Fair play to the makers of the Proveldtariat for stepping up to the mark, let the fun begin.

If it goes that way, I have a fair idea of who is going to come out on the worse side. The miners have a greater tendency to all be in the same corporation, so one wardec = more targets. The PvP players and mercs are, in general, morally on the side of James 315. The miner bumpers are far more likely to have the tools for ganking than the miners are. And finally, any list of miners is bound to have a greater audience, due to the fact that www.MinerBumping.com is much better known than the Proveldtariat blog.
Anslo
Scope Works
#34 - 2012-11-06 14:21:20 UTC
Kainotomiu Ronuken wrote:

Of course he has the right to do it. Your joining our 'merry band' has no relevance as to whether or not we're allowed to bump whom we please.

Until we push you out and tell you to sod off with your ransoms...

Quote:
And besides, can you really deny that mining, as a profession, is the first step on the road to becoming a bot? Even if you interact with the game while mining, you're certainly not interacting with your 'roid once you've targeted it and started your lasers.

It wouldn't be in the game if CCP thought that way, so no, you're wrong. But arguing with TEST is like trying to play chess with a pigeon, and we all know how that goes. Shocked

Quote:
If it goes that way, I have a fair idea of who is going to come out on the worse side. The miners have a greater tendency to all be in the same corporation, so one wardec = more targets. The PvP players and mercs are, in general, morally on the side of James 315. The miner bumpers are far more likely to have the tools for ganking than the miners are. And finally, any list of miners is bound to have a greater audience, due to the fact that www.MinerBumping.com is much better known than the Proveldtariat blog.

I like how you assume miners are simply incapable of stopping anyone infringing on their free time. So much for doing things for the miner's own "good" huh? As for you assumption about the miners and corps...you really should open your eyes. It doesn't work like that.

I also like how you assume PvPers and Mercs are all on james' side. Do you have evidence of this in game aside from a few trolls and forum warriors?
Did TEST openly support James and send 50 ships to help?
Did -A- finally undock and come to Caldari space to assist?
No?
Hmm...

And I fail to see how your last post makes any sense aside from trying to advertise your vitriol as superior when http://proveldtariat.wordpress.com/ gives the miners the tools to fight back.

Robert De'Arneth
#35 - 2012-11-06 14:21:22 UTC
While I appauld your stand against these people who will never have any real affect on the game, ever. I think the best way to deal with them is to ignore them. They have no way to enforce crap, treat them like gnats and move on.

I'm a nerd, you can check my stats!! Skilling Int/Mem at 45 sp per minute is how I mack!     I'm like a lapdog, all bark no bite. 

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#36 - 2012-11-06 14:23:45 UTC
Clystan wrote:

For our Freedom

For our Rights

Anything that isn't restricted by the EULA is a right - that includes AFK mining. It's a stupid thing to do, and something worth punishing, but it's not a banned or restricted activity. I don't do it, I don't support it, but you need to get over yourself declaring who has what rights.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Plaude Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#37 - 2012-11-06 14:24:59 UTC
Arduemont wrote:
Plaude Pollard wrote:

I didn't say they don't have the right to make a list of known griefers, did I?

New to EVE? Want to learn? The Crimson Cartel will train you in the fields of _**your **_choice. Mainly active in EU afternoons and evenings. Contact me for more info.

Some Rando
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#38 - 2012-11-06 14:33:05 UTC
Anslo wrote:
http://proveldtariat.wordpress.com/ gives the miners the tools to fight back.

Silly rabbit, miners don't fight back.

CCP has no sense of humour.

Ghazu
#39 - 2012-11-06 14:35:41 UTC
Some Rando wrote:
Anslo wrote:

THEY ARE MAKING A LIST!

http://www.minerbumping.com/ lol what the christ https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2299984#post2299984

NEONOVUS
Mindstar Technology
Goonswarm Federation
#40 - 2012-11-06 14:38:32 UTC
Ghazu wrote:
Some Rando wrote:
Anslo wrote:

THEY ARE MAKING A LIST!

And checking it twice