These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

A request to the graphic artist about gallente ships

Author
YuuKnow
The Scope
#1 - 2012-11-06 03:21:24 UTC
To the artists that are redesigning ships. I love the cool techno-organic look that was built into the Proteus. It would be nice to see that same techno-organic look built into some of the other Gallante ships when they're up for redesign.

my 2isk,

yk
Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#2 - 2012-11-06 03:45:34 UTC
Confucius says stick with techno-organic unless you are forced to use steam punk

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Sunglasses At Midnight
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2012-11-11 05:42:51 UTC
YuuKnow wrote:
To the artists that are redesigning ships. I love the cool techno-organic look that was built into the Proteus. It would be nice to see that same techno-organic look built into some of the other Gallante ships when they're up for redesign.

my 2isk,

yk

And while we're changing ship models around, let's talk about Minmatar. I mean, don't get me wrong, they certainly grow on you, but rust and duct tape can only take you so far. The new Tempest and Stabber models seem to point in a "modernized" direction of Matari ships, less of ship that looks like four ships put together and more like a new Republic Fleet vessel that symbolizes the growing power and prowess of the Minmatar Nation.

The Rupture, Cyclone, Typhoon are the ones in most dire need. The Rupture literally has the aft half of a sailing ship, the Cyclone looks like some drunken tribesman slapped together a solar farm and some shipping crates, and the Typhoon is just a block with some engines stuck onto it. They're all robust ships, yes, but they don't have to be solid blocks (I'm also looking at you, Mr. Dominix), they can have some smoothness to them.

I mean, EVE is wonderful in that the ships are so cool. It's just that some of them are so damn ugly for how cool they are... I know, I know, the people out there who fly Dominixes probably love how they look after awhile, and possibly even the few guys out there that pilot the Moa and all its variants might like it, but, to the rest of us, the ships are just ugly. A compromise that makes everyone else happy as well can be reached, without screwing over those that liked the old ship.
YuuKnow
The Scope
#4 - 2012-11-11 21:05:05 UTC
Actually 80% of Eve ships look ugly. Wish they would completely throw many of the designs out altogether.
Tornii
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2012-11-12 07:18:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Tornii
Sunglasses At Midnight wrote:
YuuKnow wrote:

my 2isk,

yk

The Rupture, Cyclone, Typhoon are the ones in most dire need. The Rupture literally has the aft half of a sailing ship, the Cyclone looks like some drunken tribesman slapped together a solar farm and some shipping crates, and the Typhoon is just a block with some engines stuck onto it. They're all robust ships, yes, but they don't have to be solid blocks (I'm also looking at you, Mr. Dominix), they can have some smoothness to them.

Actually the Cyclone is one of the few Minmatar hulls that look fine IMO. Always liked its front- and end-heavy shape and weight distribution. But almost all of the Minmatar cruiser hulls are in need of reshaping indeed. As is the terrible Moa/Eagle/Onyx hull. And the new Crow model we saw leaked some half a year ago would be awesome too.

Edit: to make this a bit less off-topic, I don't think I understand what is meant behind the techno-organic look exclusive to the Proteus. I thought all Gallente ships looked organic plus hi-tech.
Sunglasses At Midnight
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#6 - 2012-11-12 20:20:44 UTC
Tornii wrote:
Sunglasses At Midnight wrote:
YuuKnow wrote:

my 2isk,

yk

Actually the Cyclone is one of the few Minmatar hulls that look fine IMO. Always liked its front- and end-heavy shape and weight distribution. But almost all of the Minmatar cruiser hulls are in need of reshaping indeed. As is the terrible Moa/Eagle/Onyx hull. And the new Crow model we saw leaked some half a year ago would be awesome too.

Edit: to make this a bit less off-topic, I don't think I understand what is meant behind the techno-organic look exclusive to the Proteus. I thought all Gallente ships looked organic plus hi-tech.

Again, I completely respect your opinion about the Cyclone. You're definitely right, many cruiser hulls need some repair work, some of the ugliest ships are cruisers (surprisingly, most of the Amarr hulls are fine though).

I also get that Gallente ships are supposed to look Hi- Tech and Organic... but then there's ships like the Dominix, or the Lachesis, that are just blocky and ugly. Those could use some revamping...
Songbird
#7 - 2012-11-12 20:40:43 UTC
I want a flat disc shaped ship - a highly modifiable transport, turrets on the bottom and on the top and the cabin to the side. Also it should have a wookiee plush doll in your egg.
It'sNotMyFaultYourMother ThrewYouAway
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2012-11-12 21:27:33 UTC
I want a ship that looks like a huge teddybear in space and is well suited for gnaking!
Lin-Young Borovskova
Doomheim
#9 - 2012-11-12 22:06:09 UTC
The moment that guy get us rid of that awful plate frog face on Hybrids subs I don't care the colour it gets.
And while he's at it if he can just completely dump Dominix design that would be fantastic !
Just pick the other winner guy design in that devian art contest whatever thing with his gallente ship stuff.

brb