These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Your greatest moment in Eve

First post
Author
Eternal Montage
Myriad Sequence
#1 - 2012-11-05 20:23:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Eternal Montage
Eve is all about moments and the events that build up to them. Everyone has a defining moment. A moment where their heart was beating out of their chest and their hands were shaking and everything hung on a split second decision. What was yours? I'll tell mine in a bit so that it doesn't seem like this thread was just an excuse for me to show off. I just want to hear your stories. Post kill mails if you can (if your story involves kill mails that is).

Edit: Also, click LIKE on the best stories!
TheBreadMuncher
Protus Correction Facility Inc.
#2 - 2012-11-05 20:27:33 UTC
Dropping a 1.2bil carrier on VFK-IV. Solo. No regrets.

"We will create the introduction thread if that is requested by the community. Also, we will have an ISD Seminar about the CCL team in the coming weeks in which you can ask your questions about the CCL team and provide some constructive feedback to us." - Countless pages of locked threads and numerous permabanned accounts later, change is coming.

Clystan
Binaerie Heavy Industries
#3 - 2012-11-05 20:27:47 UTC
Eternal Montage wrote:
Eve is all about moments and the events that build up to them. Everyone has a defining moment. A moment where their heart was beating out of their chest and their hands were shaking and everything hung on a split second decision. What was yours? I'll tell mine in a bit so that it doesn't seem like this thread was just an excuse for me to show off. I just want to hear your stories. Post kill mails if you can (if your story involves kill mails that is).

Bubble running with precious cargo. I have always loved Tom and Jerry - Jerry more than Tom :)
Beekeeper Bob
Beekeepers Anonymous
#4 - 2012-11-05 20:30:33 UTC
Y-2. The day PL tested CCP's latest lag code, and found it lacking. It was like shooting **** in a barrel....Big smile

Signature removed - CCP Eterne

Mikael Izra'il
Doomheim
#5 - 2012-11-05 20:36:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Mikael Izra'il
I know it's not too impressive, but I downed a 100m fit hurricane on a squad of rifter, rifter, griffin with some mates. We had roughly 300k skillpoints each back then.

Then he coughed up 50m ransom.

Good times... We still talk about it and it's been four years!
Gaellia Bonaventure
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2012-11-05 20:38:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Gaellia Bonaventure
Spinning my internet spaceship for the first time.

Bring your possibles.

Lipbite
Express Hauler
#7 - 2012-11-05 20:39:56 UTC
Still waiting for one - for few years already.
Eternal Montage
Myriad Sequence
#8 - 2012-11-05 20:50:25 UTC
Lipbite wrote:
Still waiting for one - for few years already.

You had to have had at least one. Why continue playing otherwise?
MadMuppet
Critical Mass Inc
#9 - 2012-11-05 20:52:12 UTC
As a hauler, my experiences are not as grand as some, but as an early pod-pilot I went off to 0.0 to work for an Alliance. Corp politics happened and I found myself in my Hoarder in the middle of the all blue gate protection fleet suddenly in a sea of red ships with a note in local that I would get a 1 minute head start as we were kicked out of the Alliance. 30 jumps , some bubbled, to race back to high-sec (didn't know where else to go) with a small trailing fleet on my tail. Near the end we all hit a gate camp together and I lucked out as not being 'the most noteworthy' target and was able to escape. I probably made closer to 60 jumps during that time as I made wrong turns and panic warps on top of things (which probably saved me to be honest).

Since then I have had far more expensive adventures than a null run in 2million isk industrial and things that would probably make a better story, but that new player panic run back to high-sec from a failed alliance will always stick with me.

This message brought to you by Experience(tm). When common sense fails you, experience will come to the rescue. Experience(tm) from the makers of CONCORD.

"If you are part of the problem, you will be nerfed." -MadMuppet

Eternal Montage
Myriad Sequence
#10 - 2012-11-05 20:54:26 UTC
MadMuppet wrote:
As a hauler, my experiences are not as grand as some, but as an early pod-pilot I went off to 0.0 to work for an Alliance. Corp politics happened and I found myself in my Hoarder in the middle of the all blue gate protection fleet suddenly in a sea of red ships with a note in local that I would get a 1 minute head start as we were kicked out of the Alliance. 30 jumps , some bubbled, to race back to high-sec (didn't know where else to go) with a small trailing fleet on my tail. Near the end we all hit a gate camp together and I lucked out as not being 'the most noteworthy' target and was able to escape. I probably made closer to 60 jumps during that time as I made wrong turns and panic warps on top of things (which probably saved me to be honest).

Since then I have had far more expensive adventures than a null run in 2million isk industrial and things that would probably make a better story, but that new player panic run back to high-sec from a failed alliance will always stick with me.

Awesome.
Den Arius
Monte Inc
#11 - 2012-11-05 20:57:12 UTC
Joining Goonwaffe for the first time. It ended as soon as I got kicked out.

Bobb

Kehro Urgus
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2012-11-05 20:57:36 UTC
I got an internet spaceship like by someone whose hulk a friend and I ganked once. Pirate

Yeeee! 

Karn Dulake
Doomheim
#13 - 2012-11-05 20:59:17 UTC
taking out a Pilgrim with a few friends. none of us were older than 3 months.

Apart form that nothing. not a single ******* thing.

Hope that helps
I dont normally troll, but when i do i do it on General Discussion.
Bob Petit
Doomheim
#14 - 2012-11-05 21:03:14 UTC
I don't know if it's my greatest moment, but it was the most unexpected "win" moment I've had--

I went to war with a corp that had a pos. Just an opportunistic takedown of what appeared to be an abandoned POS and corp (2 weeks or more offline pos and no corp activity or logons for the same period). The war went live, I shot up the arrays and such and took what little stuff there was (you always hope it's a super pinata, but it never is), leaving the control tower alone. It took less than fifteen minutes and I logged for the evening. The next day I logged on in the same system and... there was the other CEO. I did a quick recon of the POS site and sent someone to find which station he was in. And there it was, a POS with an unanchor time under 10 minutes. My corpmate reported he'd found him and immediately undocked. The ceo undocked too in an indy, saw the flashy, and docked. My corpmate docked at another station, grabbed an indy, and warped to me. At the exact same time the CEO warped to me, just coincidentally within 30km. While I frantically mashed my point and AB to close the distance he warped away... with 3 minutes on the timer. Our indy warped in and I took up overwatch. I saw him warping around on d-scan, but as the clock wound down, he gave it up and docked. We scooped the POS. Delicious. Totally unexpected and a total coincidence of timing, position, and everything else.
Sointu Luonnotar
Doomheim
#15 - 2012-11-05 21:10:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Sointu Luonnotar
A deep stroll in 0.0, solo, while not belonging in to any alliance. I think I traveled from Great Wildlands to Feythabolis, Esoteria, Stain, Period Basis, Delve and then to Querious, from there I went to see the EVE Gate and then back to homebase in Metropolis. While there I ratted a few times, ran in to a few people and killed them altough mostly thanks to them being overeager to pop my ship they left themselves vulnerable to a purely PvE fitted ship (no web, no scram). Ended up killing enough ships worth my battlecruiser couple of times over. The whole thing took a few hours. Good times.

Might not sound much to many, but there is just this something about going around the big universe by yourself and not being kicked in the teeth while doing it.
Anslo
Scope Works
#16 - 2012-11-05 21:13:33 UTC
TheBreadMuncher wrote:
Dropping a 1.2bil carrier on VFK-IV. Solo. No regrets.

This but a bit different. A few blue bears where on a gate and got jumped by a neut HAC fleet. No one else seemed to care. I welped and warped to 0 on the gate...in an Archon. I apparently was able to act like a bowling ball and knocked a bunch of HACs out of the way before they could kill the bears. Bears jumped...then I got boned. Four other carriers from my alliance warped in to try to rep me and fight, but I got popped. Carrier crew cleaned up though.

Totally worth the loss.

[center]-_For the Proveldtariat_/-[/center]

Coreola
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#17 - 2012-11-05 21:24:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Coreola
While in my first corp/alliance and very early in my Eve career, I traveled out to wormhole space where about a dozen alliance-mates had a couple POS's. I (in my Abaddon) joined about 8 other battleships with one Archon carrier to do a couple very tough plex sigs. I remember being completely enamored by the carrier (first & only cap ship I saw in my first couple Eve years). It was a lot of fun having all the Abaddons in a cool drag formation following behind the carrier while armor-repping whoever was getting boxed and slaughtering the mission. Then to see the ISK reward afterward....makes me wonder why I ever left WH space... Ah yes, I remember...the near-complete isolation.

I guess it'd be that or my first null-sec roam with Of Sound Mind shortly after I joined the alliance. I brought a poorly-fit Prophecy (apparently can't be well fit anyway, but sure do look cool!) and had a blast. Racked up more pvp kills in one evening than in the 2+ years of Eve play before that. How I lived in high-sec for two years is unknown to me.

Jump, jump, jump.

Anosha de'Cavemann
Perkone
#18 - 2012-11-05 21:31:48 UTC
When I realized there was an entire meta-game to EVE that is as fun as the pew-pew's themselves.

EvE, it's all about tear managment.

Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#19 - 2012-11-05 21:33:14 UTC
I undocked an unfitted niddy from the Tama station (kick out station) and it lived Big smile

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Romvex
TURN LEFT
#20 - 2012-11-05 21:41:45 UTC
some guy in an NPC corp chat posted a pic of himself and damn was he purty. The trolling that ensued brought a tear to my eye.
123Next pageLast page