These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Retribution Splash screen.

Author
Roll Sizzle Beef
Space Mutiny
#1 - 2012-11-05 16:09:42 UTC
Current new splash screen
It will likely change more in the next month but what happened to spaceships? It's pretty and all but the last expansions sounded vicious and filled with destruction... But what have we been shown before we log? Asteroids. I think Incarna (of all expansions) was the last "oo neat" one. Then Crucible was so-so, then they lost it again to almost static space.

Was at-least expecting the new destroyers. Like a Daredevil undocking and flying off screen then the new minmitar destroyer warps in and fires salvos of rockets in that direction off screen. Then aligns and warps in the same direction. (then 40 seconds later the destroyer is on fire and trying to dock with a weapons timer)
Vertisce Soritenshi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2012-11-05 16:12:07 UTC
Whats with the irrelevant, non-V3'd station?

Also...stations are too small...make them bigger...again. And this time...go nuts!

Bounties for all! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2279821#post2279821

Spurty
#3 - 2012-11-05 16:32:57 UTC
x10 bigger stations, but do not increase the docking range (Where's that EBIL EMOTE GONE?)

There are good ships,

And wood ships,

And ships that sail the sea

But the best ships are Spaceships

Built by CCP

Johnny Bloomington
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2012-11-05 16:37:55 UTC
Roll Sizzle Beef wrote:
Current new splash screen
It will likely change more in the next month but what happened to spaceships? It's pretty and all but the last expansions sounded vicious and filled with destruction... But what have we been shown before we log? Asteroids. I think Incarna (of all expansions) was the last "oo neat" one. Then Crucible was so-so, then they lost it again to almost static space.

Was at-least expecting the new destroyers. Like a Daredevil undocking and flying off screen then the new minmitar destroyer warps in and fires salvos of rockets in that direction off screen. Then aligns and warps in the same direction. (then 40 seconds later the destroyer is on fire and trying to dock with a weapons timer)

Your right! So we see rocks and a station. Does the expansion have changes to rocks? Does the expansion have changes to stations? Make the splash screen represent the expansion.

CCP wish list: show damage on ships and open that door!

Alara IonStorm
#5 - 2012-11-05 16:40:36 UTC
I would different sized of stations like real docks.

Not every Navy Port is Battleship capable or could house a Nimitz.

But yeah stations should be bigger for the amount of ships they can hold. Jita 4-4 must literally be a Tardis.
Johnny Bloomington
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2012-11-05 16:52:03 UTC
Talking about big stations...

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=162053&p=1

Anslo
Scope Works
#7 - 2012-11-05 16:52:06 UTC
That kind of station in that kind of roid belt...holy crap...epic O_O

[center]-_For the Proveldtariat_/-[/center]

Ghazu
#8 - 2012-11-05 17:13:14 UTC
that's why we hate miners.

http://www.minerbumping.com/ lol what the christ https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2299984#post2299984

Mukuro Gravedigger
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#9 - 2012-11-05 17:15:47 UTC
People used to complain on the forums that the splash screen would have a certain racial ship while the previous splash screen had a different racial ship and how CCP is being unfair to whatever race did not get a ship on a splash screen for so many expansions. So it seems CCP has taken the path of least resistance and put no ships on the screens.

But CCP could mix up the variety of rocks on the screen!
Tah'ris Khlador
Space Ghosts.
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#10 - 2012-11-05 17:21:09 UTC
We will literally complain about anything. Including the non-critical log in screen.

Member of the Pink Pony Killboard Padding Alliance

Sentamon
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#11 - 2012-11-05 17:35:14 UTC
Tah'ris Khlador wrote:
We will literally complain about anything. Including the non-critical log in screen.

This is why we can't have nice things.

~ Professional Forum Alt  ~

Eli Green
The Arrow Project
#12 - 2012-11-05 17:53:34 UTC
Tah'ris Khlador wrote:

This

wumbo

Roll Sizzle Beef
Space Mutiny
#13 - 2012-11-05 18:09:15 UTC
Tah'ris Khlador wrote:

And yet CCP still sees fit to set some designer to work on a unique start-up screen every expansion.
Hiram Alexander
State Reprisal
#14 - 2012-11-05 18:17:39 UTC
I too, will literally complain about anything... however, I actually prefer screens like this. The lack of ships lets you fill the 'void' with your own imagination for those few seconds where you try to remember which password goes with which account... ;)
Teebling
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2012-11-05 18:19:58 UTC
Agree that stations should be much larger.

Back on topic: I think that using the new Tempest model would make for a very dramatic splash screen :)
Tah'ris Khlador
Space Ghosts.
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#16 - 2012-11-05 18:25:26 UTC
Roll Sizzle Beef wrote:
Tah'ris Khlador wrote:

And yet CCP still sees fit to set some designer to work on a unique start-up screen every expansion.

That is called marketing. The gaming realm on the whole tends to expect a different "face" for each expansion.

Roll Sizzle Beef
Space Mutiny
#17 - 2012-11-05 18:25:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Roll Sizzle Beef
Hiram Alexander wrote:
I too, will literally complain about anything... however, I actually prefer screens like this. The lack of ships lets you fill the 'void' with your own imagination for those few seconds where you try to remember which password goes with which account... ;)

Very valid view. that and keeping it racially neutral to avoid complains seem like ok reasons.
I however like it when more things are happening. If the splash isn't too bright like inferno, I'd ctrl-f9 and make it a screen saver.

Tah'ris Khlador wrote:

That is called marketing. The gaming realm on the whole tends to expect a different "face" for each expansion.

They do their marketing on the web with completely different art that actually showcases whats added in the expansion. If you are already at the log-in screen they already have you.
Johnny Bloomington
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#18 - 2012-11-05 18:30:28 UTC
Teebling wrote:
Agree that stations should be much larger.

Back on topic: I think that using the new Tempest model would make for a very dramatic splash screen :)

How bout the new tempest and Mega fighting side by side against Sansha....Blink

Tah'ris Khlador
Space Ghosts.
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#19 - 2012-11-05 19:01:24 UTC
Roll Sizzle Beef wrote:
Tah'ris Khlador wrote:

They do their marketing on the web with completely different art that actually showcases whats added in the expansion. If you are already at the log-in screen they already have you.

Marketing is more than just attraction; there is also a retention aspect through visual appeal. Trial accounts and whatnot.

But whatever. I admire the new splash screens for 30 seconds on the first login, and from there on out I ignore it. They simply have no impact on my actual game play.

Johnny Bloomington
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#20 - 2012-11-05 20:22:25 UTC
Its nice to talk about the splash screen but It's just the front door. your right.

12Next page