These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Looking for a legal trading program

Author
Brian Fusion
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2012-11-05 08:06:44 UTC
After doing some Google searching, it seems like some programs are legal to use. I just started buying/selling on the market, and I'm already tired of looking through every item to see if someone has bid the order up .01 ISK.

I was wondering what program I could use (and not get in trouble) that would tell me when someone put in a better offer.

Thanks
Wafou Ka'Djo
Yellow Box Ltd.
#2 - 2012-11-05 11:05:17 UTC
Something like EveMentat ?
Zann Mei
Goonswarm Federation
#3 - 2012-11-05 11:53:43 UTC
http://eve-marketdata.com/outbid_check.php

Open this in the in-game browser (I think you have to register first), and trust the site.
Basically it goes through your orders and checks if they're on top. It is kind of slow and can be unreliable at times, though.
Dethmourne Silvermane
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2012-11-05 13:53:18 UTC
Personally, I miss EVE-Trader. I haven't found anything that does such a good job telling me what's been profitable/unprofitable.

Interested Party (TM)

Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#5 - 2012-11-05 15:23:41 UTC
Brian Fusion wrote:
After doing some Google searching, it seems like some programs are legal to use. I just started buying/selling on the market, and I'm already tired of looking through every item to see if someone has bid the order up .01 ISK.

I was wondering what program I could use (and not get in trouble) that would tell me when someone put in a better offer.

Thanks

Short version:

Anything that directly manipulates your orders isn't allowed.

Something that you can go to a web page, and then it cycles through the things you've got on your orders (from the last time your api updates) before cache scraping, before notifying you you've been outbid: allowed.

Eve Mentat does this.

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

Brian Fusion
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2012-11-05 19:20:10 UTC
Thanks for the responses, and suggestions. I went ahead and downloaded Eve Mentat

Steve Ronuken wrote:
Brian Fusion wrote:

Thanks

Short version:

Anything that directly manipulates your orders isn't allowed.

Something that you can go to a web page, and then it cycles through the things you've got on your orders (from the last time your api updates) before cache scraping, before notifying you you've been outbid: allowed.

Eve Mentat does this.

Thanks for clearing that up. I figured any market bot wouldn't be allowed.

I have a question, I uploaded everything, but how do I set it up so that it tell me when I've been outbid?

Thanks again,

Brian