These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Life after Goonswarm?

First post First post
Author
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#81 - 2012-11-04 09:55:51 UTC
If the goons were gone, what would everything taste like?

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Lin-Young Borovskova
Doomheim
#82 - 2012-11-04 10:04:02 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
If the goons were gone, what would everything taste like?

You'd have to grind for your doctrine fleet ships, pay huge tax on bounty/PI, millions of isk per month per character in rent while some overlords stay there fap fap on their wallet exploding with trillions of isk and...

Ho wait...this already exists.

Hate them or love them, they deserve everything they got. Be it space pixels, thousands of allied players, or hate on forums.

brb

Den Arius
Monte Inc
#83 - 2012-11-04 10:51:23 UTC
Jimmy Gunsmythe wrote:
SmilingVagrant wrote:
Den Arius wrote:
Bolow Santosi wrote:
We've also driven 13 year old kids from the UK attempting to sue SomethingAwful because we wouldn't let him in our internet spaceship guild.

One of the many goon antics which lead to nothing but further trouble and upset. It is within the game mechanics (most of the time) to cause this upset, but it is also within the game mechanics to fight against this upset-causing.

Nice to see you are still stalking us. Ever considered not being creepy?

Dude...that is some creepy pedobear smile you got there, man.

Ooops, sorry...on topic. Wait...what is the topic? Pro-goon? Anti-goon? Hypothetical pro-anti-goon? ...

James...is that you making new posts?

Please do not disclose my identity in the future. I think all pubbies should aim to be anti-goon to some extent until the inevitable culture shift in the 0.0 powers.

Bobb

Ritsum
Perkone
Caldari State
#84 - 2012-11-04 11:12:48 UTC
I would giggle like a little school girl for a few seconds then continue to play eve the way I want as I have always.

Play EvE how you want to play it and do not let others dictate how you play. Evolve your playstyle to protect yourself from others! Even in "PVE", "PVP" is there, lurking in the shadows.

Ptraci
3 R Corporation
#85 - 2012-11-04 11:21:36 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD TYPE40
Tom Gerard wrote:

So Goonswarm's list of CRIMES is as follows:

They establish a peaceful network of trade within null-security space.
They provide vital elements of T2 Production to high-security space, at a profit. (Damn 1%)
They provide drama, driven by players, which represents sizable content for Hi-Sec, Low-Sec and Null-Sec players.
They interact with the community in online discussion forums.

Yep, they seem like the bad guys to me.

*snip*

Personally I don't know any goons, short of the few inanities exchanged here on the forums. I'm sure it's not personal. If you replaced goons with some other large, polarizing force (like -A- hah no I jest, you need to be able to undock to be a "force"), exactly the same thing would happen. It seems that we humans love to drive an imaginary fence through society and divide it into "us" and "them", no matter what. And of course sometimes "they" make building that fence even easier through their actions.

Also, Godwin.

EDIT: Yes that name is blocked by the profanity filter. Please do not bypass it again - ISD Type40.
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#86 - 2012-11-04 11:22:26 UTC
Den Arius wrote:
Please do not disclose my identity in the future. I think all pubbies should aim to be anti-goon to some extent until the inevitable culture shift in the 0.0 powers.

right, because the popular opinion amongst hisec publords drives nullsec

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Den Arius
Monte Inc
#87 - 2012-11-04 11:28:11 UTC
Andski wrote:
Den Arius wrote:

Its not about high sec or null sec. Pubbies exist in null sec, however they are often pushed aside into these "pubbie" corps which are often mistreated in the power blocs.

Bobb

Schmata Bastanold
In Boobiez We Trust
#88 - 2012-11-04 11:32:05 UTC
It started interesting with high quality Tom Gerard's post but then somebody called somebody's grandma? WTF? Is door from your basement locked too?

Invalid signature format

Radius Prime
Tax Evading Ass.
#89 - 2012-11-04 11:40:59 UTC
Without Goons I could control the moongoo and behave baddier :D! 20 Cheers for meeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

Reopen the EVE gate so we can invade Serenity. Goons can go first.

Lin-Young Borovskova
Doomheim
#90 - 2012-11-04 12:46:30 UTC
Den Arius wrote:
Andski wrote:
Den Arius wrote:

Its not about high sec or null sec. Pubbies exist in null sec, however they are often pushed aside into these "pubbie" corps which are often mistreated in the power blocs.

You have no idea what you are talking about and make too many generalisations. Like them or hate them, they're known for cheering up their noobies and alliance members, maybe this is what you are not used to and refuse to understand.
It's far easier to look it from the outside, just like me, then point fingers and "booo booo"

They're also known for scaming, ganking exploiting each and every single game mechanic failure but it's not like if they weren't playing this game as it's meant to be played, right?

Some times I clearly hate "CFC", some times I love them. in both cases I can safely say they provide an excellent level of player content, and those I already met/discuss with are actually awesome people who don't take this game that seriously as you do.
But then I log in and shoot whatever is not blue/green/purple, and when I do, well things happen Cool

brb

Den Arius
Monte Inc
#91 - 2012-11-04 12:50:53 UTC
Lin-Young Borovskova wrote:
Den Arius wrote:
Andski wrote:
Den Arius wrote:

You have no idea what you are talking about and make too many generalisations. Like them or hate them, they're known for cheering up their noobies and alliance members, maybe this is what you are not used to and refuse to understand.
It's far easier to look it from the outside, just like me, then point fingers and "booo booo"

They're also known for scaming, ganking exploiting each and every single game mechanic failure but it's not like if they weren't playing this game as it's meant to be played, right?

Some times I clearly hate "CFC", some times I love them. in both cases I can safely say they provide an excellent level of player content, and those I already met/discuss with are actually awesome people who don't take this game that seriously as you do.
But then I log in and shoot whatever is not blue/green/purple, and when I do, well things happen Cool

I don't hate them, in fact I'd love to be given the opportunity to join them. The problem is, the are cultural elites and only allow those who follow their guidelines for good poasting into their corporations. Why don't us pubbies get the same opportunities as the Goons and Redditors?

Bobb

Bolow Santosi
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#92 - 2012-11-04 12:53:38 UTC
Josef Djugashvilis wrote:
Bolow Santosi wrote:
We've also caused a 13 year old kid from the UK, to try to file a lawsuit against SomethingAwful because we wouldn't let him in our internet spaceship guild.

Is that because he was too mature and was unwilling to use expressions such as, 'pubbie,' 'sperg' etc?

No because he was a garbage J4G poster who has a very unhealthy obsession with The Mittani and Goonswarm as a whole. To the point where it's getting very worrying. I'd prefer he seeks help before he starts killing his neighbors pets and dancing in front of a mirror listening to GoodBye, Horses.

Some of his greatest hits like
Are You Sure I can't Join GoonWaffe?
I'm Not Mad or Racist
Totally Not Bitter Kugu Remix

And various others.
Maxpie
MUSE LLP
RAZOR Alliance
#93 - 2012-11-04 13:06:27 UTC
OP can tell us what Mittani had for lunch

No good deed goes unpunished

Savnire Jacitu
Abysmal Gentlemen
We Didn't Mean It
#94 - 2012-11-04 13:27:05 UTC
I'm for no corps and no alliances. And no stations. And no ships. Just pods. Pods that bump each other all day.

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#95 - 2012-11-04 13:51:30 UTC
Tom Gerard wrote:
Lets have the whiners have it, *POOF* Wish Granted. Now that Goonswarm has been utterly defeated, and their characters don't even log on to the forums anymore... What shall we do for player driven content? Shall we travel to Providence and share a cup of tea with the Curatores Veritatis? Who is going to memorize the reaction tables so we can produce Tech 2 ships again?

Hrmm... it seems like life without Goonswarm isn't much fun... how the hell did that happen?!?! The forums told me they were destroying the game!!

With all this bile and anger stirring... why do you still cheer when CCP champions "Player Driven Content" every chance they get?... You do realize Goonswarm is made of players... and they are driving.... content.

By Golly, I think i figured it out, you don't like Goonswarm because of their political system for surely empowering large populations and distributing power among the masses is just wrong!

No?

Ok well then it has to be this "Blue List" thing, your angry because Goonswarm is unwilling to co-operate and co-exist with other alliances and corporations and instead makes them allies and establishes safe transit of good and services through their space. Oh hell that sounds almost like cooperation and co-existence.

OK OK I got it, Goonswarm absorbs all these corporations and turns them into a faceless blob unable to be identified as individuals...no wait... damn it, they won't even let anyone join their corp unless they've been on the SA forums for an extended period of time.

So Goonswarm's list of CRIMES is as follows:

They establish a peaceful network of trade within null-security space.
They provide vital elements of T2 Production to high-security space, at a profit. (Damn 1%)
They provide drama, driven by players, which represents sizable content for Hi-Sec, Low-Sec and Null-Sec players.
They interact with the community in online discussion forums.

Yep, they seem like the bad guys to me.

I sure hope you feel better now. I have absolutely NO idea what point you are even trying to communicate.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

SmilingVagrant
Doomheim
#96 - 2012-11-04 14:27:45 UTC

He's been trying to get into Goonswarm for over a year now, and even took to stalking Mittens family. Basically he's upset that we won't let him in the "Cool Kids Club"

Oh and he's been probated for something like 5 years on the SA forums for being a weird creeper.
Natasha Liao
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#97 - 2012-11-04 14:44:16 UTC
Den Arius wrote:
I don't hate them, in fact I'd love to be given the opportunity to join them. The problem is, the are cultural elites and only allow those who follow their guidelines for good poasting into their corporations. Why don't us pubbies get the same opportunities as the Goons and Redditors?

So this is what all your QQ'ing about Goonswarm ( and TEST ) is all about? They wouldn't let you in their corp so you could be one of the koo kidz and use all the hipster phrasez?? Dude! Get a life! Wipe your nose and move on.

This is Eve. Goons and TEST were barely even heard of ( or non-existent ) when I started playing this game. Instead of being a whiney girl on the forums about how the big, bad Goon is bad - make your own corp. Find a bunch of like-minded people, organize 'em and go get 'em! Go down to null and kick their ass. Take their space and then you too can be the new koo kid/hipster ( in Theory ) on the block. Goonswarm did everything they've done by doing, not QQ'ing. Goons are the reason everyone complains about *Goons* instead of *BoB*.

And on a side note: everyone things the SA and reddit folks are bad - God help us if 4chan ever organizes... Ugh

You're using logic on an internet discussion forum. A rookie mistake, but one you'll soon learn to avoid. -Destiny Corrupted

EnderCapitalG
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#98 - 2012-11-04 14:53:47 UTC
SmilingVagrant wrote:

He's been trying to get into Goonswarm for over a year now, and even took to stalking Mittens family. Basically he's upset that we won't let him in the "Cool Kids Club"

Oh and he's been probated for something like 5 years on the SA forums for being a weird creeper.

100,000 hours is ~11 years.

He can't post again on Something Awful Dot Com until he's 25.
Vera Algaert
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#99 - 2012-11-04 15:03:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Vera Algaert
Natasha Liao wrote:
And on a side note: everyone things the SA and reddit folks are bad - God help us if 4chan ever organizes... Ugh

don't worry ... organization and 4chan don't go well together and any 4chan corp/alliance inevitably implodes in drama.

I think Broski North and Love Squad are the current 4chan corporations but by the time you read this they might already have fallen victim to spontaneous combustion.

However, without /v/ we probably would never have had some of the most awesome new player guides - look out for the green-haired girl (yotsuba) and the authentic "Broski Enterprises" label. (example)

Lin-Young Borovskova
Doomheim
#100 - 2012-11-04 16:02:47 UTC
SmilingVagrant wrote:

Ho ok, I see clearly now. I remember that creepy video with RL threats to his family and indeed, it's sad nothing can be done or is being done, professionally speaking of course.

Back to pixels now.

brb