These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Tired of corps in your alliance?

Author
The Zerg Overmind
Rule Reversal
#1 - 2012-11-03 07:46:48 UTC
BURN THEM.

Step 1.) Make a private 1 man corp you control
Step 2.) Wardec that corp with your alliance
Step 3.) Set the war mutual from the 1 man corp
Step 4.) Boot your target corp(s) from your alliance
Step 5.) Accept surrender for the war between 1 man corp and alliance
Step 6.) Join Dec Shield with the 1 man corp
Step 7.) Sit back and laugh, as your target corp(s) can never join an alliance again and have to disband

If you're planning to remove idle or treacherous corps from your alliance, then consider burning them for good measure. You'll ensure they can never join another alliance, and they'll probably disband as a result. Prevent possible defectors from leaving your alliance or switching sides!

And do it all with the safety and comfortable control of your own 1 man wardec transfer corp! Want to dispose of renters? There's no better action than to burn them! We won't judge, and we'll accept any wars against burned corps. We have a reputation to maintain of ruthless wardec collectors, help us improve this slope:

http://i.imgur.com/X2Xm3.jpg

Afterall, burn all your bridges... you never know who might be following you...

Full details can be found here about the game mechanics to do this:
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=156437
Riot Girl
You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
#2 - 2012-11-03 07:50:02 UTC
Does Dec Shield actually kill anyone or is it just a minor annoyance?
Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#3 - 2012-11-03 07:57:16 UTC
Riot Girl wrote:

Sort of?

Honestly not really, but people have died.
The Zerg Overmind
Rule Reversal
#4 - 2012-11-03 08:02:15 UTC
Akirei Scytale wrote:
Riot Girl wrote:

Sort of?

Honestly not really, but people have died.

We're actually more like a virus. Corps leave Dec Shield, join other alliances, corps leave those alliances, spread it even further. We manage wars and recruitment, not combat. Threat of death isn't the only injury we inflict, there are numerous side-effects.

The wars spread extremely fast and to different entities. Most of the actual respectable pvpers just join Dec Shield to tap off our wars, and then strike out on their own. Which leaves us with very few pvpers.

Ghazu
#5 - 2012-11-03 08:07:22 UTC
It's like you are Soundwave's reckoning.

http://www.minerbumping.com/ lol what the christ https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2299984#post2299984

Ptraci
3 R Corporation
#6 - 2012-11-03 10:51:48 UTC
Er yeah ok so Corp Whatsisname is "disbanded" and all its members quit and join "Corp WhatsisnameDOT" and all assets are transferred and a couple million ISK are paid to make the new corp and I'm sorry what exactly have I achieved?
Mara Pahrdi
The Order of Anoyia
#7 - 2012-11-03 11:20:32 UTC
+1 fo a good Lol.

Remove standings and insurance.

Arec Bardwin
#8 - 2012-11-03 11:28:27 UTC
Riot Girl wrote:
They sure aim to be a major annoyance for the CCP devs responsible for wardec design/implementationBig smile
Nyla Skin
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#9 - 2012-11-03 12:00:24 UTC
OT: I like your avatar.

In after the lock :P   - CCP Falcon www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies

Ben Youssef Noban
Doomheim
#10 - 2012-11-03 13:06:56 UTC
The Zerg Overmind wrote:
BURN THEM.

Step 7.) Sit back and laugh, as your target corp(s) can never join an alliance again and have to disband

If you're planning to remove idle or treacherous corps from your alliance, then consider burning them for good measure. You'll ensure they can never join another alliance, and they'll probably disband as a result. Prevent possible defectors from leaving your alliance or switching sides!

And do it all with the safety and comfortable control of your own 1 man wardec transfer corp! Want to dispose of renters? There's no better action than to burn them! We won't judge, and we'll accept any wars against burned corps. We have a reputation to maintain of ruthless wardec collectors, help us improve this slope:

You are a hero of Eve.
Ocih
Space Mermaids
#11 - 2012-11-03 13:17:12 UTC
I don't blame you CCP.

You aren't twisted enough to deal with these people. It makes you normal.
Arduemont
Rotten Legion
#12 - 2012-11-03 13:52:08 UTC
More reason for CCP to fix the mutual war mechanic.

This is some serious campaigning on Zerg's part, and for that I applaud you.

"In the age of information, ignorance is a choice." www.stateofwar.co.nf

Val'Dore
PlanetCorp InterStellar
#13 - 2012-11-03 14:17:23 UTC
Ptraci wrote:
Er yeah ok so Corp Whatsisname is "disbanded" and all its members quit and join "Corp WhatsisnameDOT" and all assets are transferred and a couple million ISK are paid to make the new corp and I'm sorry what exactly have I achieved?

Is that a trick question? If I had to reform my corporations, I'd probably just quit lol.

Star Jump Drive A new way to traverse the galaxy.

I invented Tiericide

Ammzi
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#14 - 2012-11-03 14:57:06 UTC
Bump this!
MatrixSkye Mk2
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#15 - 2012-11-03 15:18:17 UTC  |  Edited by: MatrixSkye Mk2
The Zerg Overmind wrote:
BURN THEM.

Step 8) Petition CCP to have targeted corp removed from alliance.

Step 9) Sit back and laugh as they watch you ***** and whine on how you thought you had finally trapped CCP with their own rules.

I just don't get it. You whine and moan about CCP intervening and having to babysit and scorn you. But then you go out of your way to find ways to abuse the system and have CCP come and babysit you.

Successfully doinitwrong™ since 2006.

La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#16 - 2012-11-03 15:40:01 UTC
MatrixSkye Mk2 wrote:

I just don't get it. You whine and moan about CCP intervening and having to babysit and scorn you. But then you go out of your way to find ways to abuse the system and have CCP come and babysit you.

As a casual observer here, CCP doesn't appear to fix things unless they get broken in new and inventive ways.

This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. Improve the forums, support this idea: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=345133

The Logi
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#17 - 2012-11-03 20:54:04 UTC
Riot Girl wrote:

Trust me Dec Shield is more than a minor annoyance. It grants complete protection to anybody from wardecs. High sec manufacturing is almost 100% safe now with no decs. The 100's of notifications you get every week from irrelevent wardecs you pick up as a corp trapped in Dec Shield, thats a minor annoyance. The complete protection it grants is more than that.

MatrixSkye Mk2 wrote:

Step 8) Petition CCP to have targeted corp removed from alliance.

Step 9) Sit back and laugh as they watch you ***** and whine on how you thought you had finally trapped CCP with their own rules.

Unforunately that won't work. People have petitioned CCP for all the things Dec Shield has done, including burning corps. Every single time CCP says working as intended. This dude petitioned being burned and was told to deal with it.

ZO you are doing God's work bringing this to the attention of the public. CCP has the wardec system so f**ked up it is amazing. I love EVE, I really do, and that fact has made me a bit of a CCP fanboi in the past. But their failure to even acknowledge the broken war dec system is making me want to get out the pitchfork and torch.

Oh and one other thing there ZO, the whole 'Burn High Sec Griefers' is crap. Griefers usually know game mechanics, and it is the griefers that are using Dec Shield. I know of a few griefer corps that are 'utilizing' Dec Shield to it's full capabilities.
Meryl SinGarda
Belligerent Underpaid Tactical Team
#18 - 2012-11-03 22:19:21 UTC
I'm only posting a replying because your avatar is staring at me and I'm scared.
Petrus Blackshell
Rifterlings
#19 - 2012-11-03 22:37:02 UTC
IB4 new grand disbanding of Goonswarm or another major alliance.

For lulz, of course.

Accidentally The Whole Frigate - For-newbies blog (currently on pause)

Spy 21
Doomheim
#20 - 2012-11-04 04:38:02 UTC
Interesting concept but I thought you said "Tired of CORPSES in your alliance?"

Which right away made me think of my favorite show!

Sorry for the derail... back to it.

S

Obfuscation for the WIN on page 3...

12Next page