These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Assembly Hall

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Proposal "Anchorable Monuments"

Author
Wilks Checkov
State War Academy
Caldari State
#1 - 2012-10-31 08:31:54 UTC
I know that some of us take part in verry large fleet, corp, and alliance battles but have you ever thought of having a marker you can place there, as in a monument to what occured there as well as including a short text about what occured there, " of course you would have to type that up yourself ", but it would allow us to express ourselves in another totally different way; that and it would allow us to honour or fallen at the sites of these vast memorable battlegrounds.
Eidric
Private Shelter for Mad People
#2 - 2012-10-31 10:24:37 UTC
TtD - less than 1 second....
Wilks Checkov
State War Academy
Caldari State
#3 - 2012-10-31 18:36:15 UTC
Heh not a clue what that means?
Danika Princip
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#4 - 2012-10-31 22:59:36 UTC
Wilks Checkov wrote:
Heh not a clue what that means?

Most likely 'time to destruction'

Alternatively, 'time to dong'
Wilks Checkov
State War Academy
Caldari State
#5 - 2012-11-01 03:52:07 UTC
Well I dont know about anyone else but I thought it was a good idea; im guessing thats what counts.
Eidric
Private Shelter for Mad People
#6 - 2012-11-01 06:21:27 UTC
"time to ****" its the phrase coined by CCP to measure how long will it take player to create a **** using this feature. Used to asses the degree of freedom given.
Jint Hikaru
OffWorld Exploration Inc
#7 - 2012-11-01 10:35:08 UTC
Wilks Checkov wrote:
I know that some of us take part in verry large fleet, corp, and alliance battles but have you ever thought of having a marker you can place there, as in a monument to what occured there as well as including a short text about what occured there, " of course you would have to type that up yourself ", but it would allow us to express ourselves in another totally different way; that and it would allow us to honour or fallen at the sites of these vast memorable battlegrounds.

It wouldnt be long till someone spawned these all over the place, or put one up saying

"it was on this spot where Wilks Checkov first had [censored] with a space goat. He went on to do this many more times in the surrounding area."

Or other forms of spam etc.

Jint Hikaru - Miner / Salvager / Explorer / SpaceBum In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Abdiel Kavash
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#8 - 2012-11-01 12:38:21 UTC
Limit them to one per system. If you want to anchor another, you have to blow up the existing one first.

About TTP: if they're limited, it shouldn't be bad. Look at station names for example. Worse cases could be petitioned for removal.
Wilks Checkov
State War Academy
Caldari State
#9 - 2012-11-01 17:19:05 UTC
Have to agree, 1 per system would not be bad, and petition if someone does a royal screw up with naming it, or doing a "foul" description.
usrevenge
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#10 - 2012-11-01 18:00:56 UTC
Jint Hikaru wrote:
Wilks Checkov wrote:

It wouldnt be long till someone spawned these all over the place, or put one up saying

"it was on this spot where Wilks Checkov first had [censored] with a space goat. He went on to do this many more times in the surrounding area."

Or other forms of spam etc.

could simply be 1 per system, it would't be bad if they made it an isk sink, it be pointles though.
Kai'rae Saarkus
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2012-11-04 12:45:10 UTC
I think you mean 'purely symbolic' rather than pointless. But that's probably a distinction without a difference.