These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

AFK Cloaking

Author
replicator 0001
Nullbear Tear Extractors
Hostile Intervention
#1 - 2012-11-01 12:35:40 UTC
Hi,

Looking for advice to improve my cloaking in a system skills.

Right now I am planning to camp a few dozen systems in buzzards with covops cyno, and upgrade to arazu with their 70km points when my alts can fly one in a couple months. I will have support via BLOPS alt AFK in a pos within jump range.

Any tips or lessons learned from experience is very welcome, or anything to watch out for so I do not anger CCP GMs.

Please keep on topic and create a new thread to flame AFK cloakers.

-Replicators
Evolution1979
Hull Down Inc.
#2 - 2012-11-01 14:16:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Evolution1979
AFK cloaking is bad, you should feel bad you are doing this kind of practice!
Also: link killmails of retaarded ratters, who go into hubs anyways! Big smile
Gibbo5771
AQUILA INC
Verge of Collapse
#3 - 2012-11-01 15:41:33 UTC
Getting in on this, tear harvester ready, spare jars obtained. Bash on.
Zyella Stormborn
Green Seekers
#4 - 2012-11-01 16:56:16 UTC
*chuckle* love the oh so subtle way he sneaks in AFK multiple times to try and push a point.

There is a special Hell for people like that, Right next to child molestors, and people that talk in the theater. ~Firefly

CorInaXeraL
The Dresdeneers
#5 - 2012-11-01 18:11:43 UTC
I would say find a way to randomly type daunting messages in local. The more random, the better. That way they truly do not know if you are AFK or not. However, if you wanted to push their AFK buttons, make it extremely on-schedule, with repeating preset messages that don't make sense given the situational context, that way they believe it's an AFK cloak-bot talking to them in local.

Make an alt with a similar name. Get him into the station and afk there, log out and alternate which alt you're on to make them think you're ninja-docking/undocking, and then they can also claim you're using hacks alongside your AFK-ness.

The more bot-like you can make yourself seem, the more successful you will be.
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#6 - 2012-11-01 18:49:35 UTC
CorInaXeraL wrote:
I would say find a way to randomly type daunting messages in local. The more random, the better. That way they truly do not know if you are AFK or not. However, if you wanted to push their AFK buttons, make it extremely on-schedule, with repeating preset messages that don't make sense given the situational context, that way they believe it's an AFK cloak-bot talking to them in local.

Make an alt with a similar name. Get him into the station and afk there, log out and alternate which alt you're on to make them think you're ninja-docking/undocking, and then they can also claim you're using hacks alongside your AFK-ness.

AFK Cloaking, you are doing it right.

I support AFK cloaking as it serves a useful purpose and spreads paranoia.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Cap James Tkirk
Capsuleer Outfitters
Bad Intention
#7 - 2012-11-01 20:15:05 UTC
finally a thread that isnt whining about afk cloaker butt hurt randomness

i sir salute you
Jack Miton
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#8 - 2012-11-01 20:52:02 UTC
i suggest randomly typing stuff in local every not and again when you return to the keyboard for a sec. makes the locals assume youre not afk and cry even more :D

There is no Bob.

Stuck In Here With Me:  http://sihwm.blogspot.com.au/

Down the Pipe:  http://feeds.feedburner.com/CloakyScout

Luna Q
ASTARTES CORP
Hashashin Cartel
#9 - 2012-11-01 23:27:52 UTC
I'm not positive but I think your BLOPS has to be out side a POS for it to work, but it can still be AFK if that makes you fell better. Also your post needs more reference to AFK.

Luna
IbanezLaney
The Church of Awesome
#10 - 2012-11-02 00:11:52 UTC
Jack Miton wrote:
i suggest randomly typing stuff in local every not and again when you return to the keyboard for a sec. makes the locals assume youre not afk and cry even more :D

Logitech G510 or similar - you can record the time between keystrokes and then assign to a key.

You can have text appear in local at timed intervals while AFK.
Machiavelli's Nemesis
Angry Mustellid
#11 - 2012-11-02 00:25:22 UTC
Poasting in AFKcloakwhine thread.

Grow a pair plz thx
Cephelange du'Krevviq
Gildinous Vangaurd
The Initiative.
#12 - 2012-11-02 00:47:43 UTC
Machiavelli's Nemesis wrote:
Poasting in AFKcloakwhine thread.

Grow a pair plz thx

Train Reading Comprehension to at least III.

"I am a leaf on the...ah, frak it!"

replicator 0001
Nullbear Tear Extractors
Hostile Intervention
#13 - 2012-11-02 01:51:09 UTC
If I was to type stuff in local that would mean 1 of 2 things so i'm not interested:
1: I am breaking the EULA by macroing
2: I am not actually AFK

Also, my goal is to get shiny nullbear kills and have fun doing it and I have been getting lots of them recently but I need to scale my operation up and I am sure there will be unforeseen problems.

I have also toyed with the idea of sitting in all jump bridge systems, and watching people travel around the region in their haulers and freighters so I can prepare a nice gank on a gate between 2 JB systems.

Also, do you think I should aim for the rare by immensely shiny faction BS kill, or the impressive kill of an entire mining fleet when I start to run low on alts? ( I only have 32 accounts so it severely limits the amount of systems I can camp at once)

Is camping the entrance to a site easy, I see lots of people run them right after downtime, so I suppose I wouldn't have to sit on one all day for just a few kills?

Sorry, I wont be posting my numerous kill (or numerous loss) mails from my recent camping in providence.

Ludi Burek
Exit-Strategy
Unchained Alliance
#14 - 2012-11-02 02:45:54 UTC
replicator 0001 wrote:
I only have 32 accounts so it severely limits the amount of systems I can camp at once)
Sorry, I wont be posting my numerous kill (or numerous loss) mails from my recent camping in providence.

Wasn't sure if genuine or a troll/whine in disguise until this. Lol
SmilingVagrant
Doomheim
#15 - 2012-11-02 02:54:41 UTC
CorInaXeraL wrote:

Actually talking ruins it.
TheGunslinger42
All Web Investigations
#16 - 2012-11-02 12:10:16 UTC
Not if the only thing you say in local (do it maybe once a day) is "I'm going afk now, bye"
Othran
Route One
#17 - 2012-11-02 13:20:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Othran
For maximum wailing you need to put your effort into renter systems Blink
feihcsiM
THE B0YS
#18 - 2012-11-02 13:56:29 UTC  |  Edited by: feihcsiM
*USER IS AFK*

It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine.

replicator 0001
Nullbear Tear Extractors
Hostile Intervention
#19 - 2012-11-02 22:58:19 UTC
Othran wrote:
For maximum wailing you need to put your effort into renter systems Blink

How much isk is a system going for these days?

If it is cloaky camped, do they get a refund?
Othran
Route One
#20 - 2012-11-03 14:34:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Othran
replicator 0001 wrote:

How much isk is a system going for these days?

If it is cloaky camped, do they get a refund?

No idea on system cost, enough to make them sweat probably.

No they get booted out and replaced when they can't pay the rent.

You could have some more fun there when the new renters move in by suggesting you're paid by the old renters.

Most of the "AFK Cloakers are bastards" threads are started by renters anyway Lol
12Next page