These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Whats the origin of your characters name.

First post First post
Author
CATPAIN KIRK
State War Academy
Caldari State
#41 - 2012-10-31 17:49:43 UTC
Kirk - you know - taht dude from starwars
CCP Falcon
#42 - 2012-10-31 17:55:25 UTC
My name is Falcon...

...things usually happen because of me.

Oops

CCP Falcon || EVE Universe Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3

Caldaricitizen 445820458
EVE Corporation 6908469803
#43 - 2012-10-31 17:56:42 UTC
Gm's ban hammer.
Natasha Liao
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#44 - 2012-10-31 18:01:28 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:
My name is Falcon...

...things usually happen because of me.

Oops

You're a *results* oriented kinda person. You make things happen. Not need to be embarrassed... Lol

You're using logic on an internet discussion forum. A rookie mistake, but one you'll soon learn to avoid. -Destiny Corrupted

Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#45 - 2012-10-31 18:02:06 UTC
I was a pirating alt of my old main Surfin SeaOtter but he had an incident with a biomasser Evil

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Vertisce Soritenshi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#46 - 2012-10-31 18:02:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Vertisce Soritenshi
I used to go by the name "Macabre" back in the day when I played Asherons Call. Since everybody and their dog used that name I decided to come up with something new and original. I came up with "Vertiscent". It wasn't in any language or dictionary and didn't exist as a word so far as I could tell. Eventually I got tired of it being so long and shortened it down by a whopping 2 letters into "Vertisce" which I didn't realize at the time could be misconstrued as spelling "Vertice" incorrectly. Either way people were calling me "Vert" and the more idiotic people would call me "Versace" because they are clearly too stupid to read or write, let alone spell. "Soritenshi" was as close as I could figure the word "Archangel" would be in Japanese.

While I am an American I was born in Japan on an American Navy base and due to this have lots of cool Japanese stuff my family picked up for me when I was born there. This got me interested in the culture and naturally as a gamer I gravitated towards Anime and whatnot...but I digress...

Bounties for all! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2279821#post2279821

ISD TYPE40
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#47 - 2012-10-31 18:05:36 UTC
Sidrat Flush wrote:
Back in 1986 I was reading Dr Who novels and needed a nickname Sidrat comes from there plus there's a reference to A really nice tree that acts as a border marker with a very similar spelling.

This man knows...

[b]ISD Type40 Lt. Commander Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs) Interstellar Services Department[/b]

Bigpimping
Pimp Inc.
#48 - 2012-10-31 18:13:33 UTC
Something about whoring
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#49 - 2012-10-31 18:14:18 UTC
De'Veldrin wrote:
Ranger 1 wrote:
Mine is a nod to an old but very popular Sci Fi series.

Alright I have to ask - which one? The only reference I could find was to a partially successful NASA launch to test equipment in 1961.

Edit: Unless it's a reference to the Anla-shok Na from B5.

Bingo.

Ranger 1 was the title of the leader of the Rangers... referenced in the phrase "We live for the one, we die for the one."

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Arsedestroyer
Doomheim
#50 - 2012-10-31 18:18:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Arsedestroyer
My name refers to Arylsulfatase E siRNA.

It's a small interfering RNA used to knockdown the ARSE gene used for the investigation of chondrodysplasia punctata in animal and cell culture models.
Robert De'Arneth
#51 - 2012-10-31 18:19:44 UTC
It was Cold dark winter day back in 19**, I was born at 5:35 AM at 3 lbs and 4 oz, I know right real tiny? Anyways my uncle talked my parents into naming Robert. True Story. Big smile

I'm a nerd, you can check my stats!! Skilling Int/Mem at 45 sp per minute is how I mack!     I'm like a lapdog, all bark no bite. 

Eli Green
The Arrow Project
#52 - 2012-10-31 18:21:25 UTC
Sounded politically correct enough

wumbo

Xercodo
Cruor Angelicus
#53 - 2012-10-31 18:25:59 UTC
Carefully crafted out of combinations of letters which I spent about 10 minutes mulling over in my head. Also made an effort to make decent use of the letter x.

The Drake is a Lie

Ryhss
#54 - 2012-10-31 18:28:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Ryhss
Mines from Magic:The Gathering cardgame. I misspelled it by accident, it's supposed to be Rhyss
MTG

I just turned into an egg, did I level up? I spent an hour trying to salvage a wreck, when in local a guy said "Stop it, this is my Tempest, I was AFK"

Mirel Dystoph
Perkone
Caldari State
#55 - 2012-10-31 18:32:00 UTC
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirel

"Nothing essential happens in the absence of noise." 

De'Veldrin
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#56 - 2012-10-31 18:36:49 UTC
Arsedestroyer wrote:
My name refers to Arylsulfatase E siRNA.

It's a small interfering RNA used to knockdown the ARSE gene used for the investigation of chondrodysplasia punctata in animal and cell culture models.

All of those words are English, but I have no idea what you said.

Kudos to you though.

De'Veldrin's Corollary (to Malcanis' Law): Any idea that seeks to limit the ability of a large nullsec bloc to do something in the name of allowing more small groups into sov null will inevitably make it that much harder for small groups to enter sov null.

Tao Dolcino
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#57 - 2012-10-31 18:43:07 UTC
Arsedestroyer
Doomheim
#58 - 2012-10-31 18:55:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Arsedestroyer
De'Veldrin wrote:

It's used in posttranscriptional gene silencing, so ideally, selective proteins can be barred from translation. In this specific case, the target gene is encoding Arylsulfatase E, which catlayzes the hydrolization of sulfate esters.

Individuals with an inherent ARSE-deficiency thus suffer from an impoper composition of their cartilage and as a further result, bone matrix, resulting in impaired skeletal growth among some other conditions.

The siRNA thus is useful for researching the diseases pathomechanics and possible treatment options in vitro.
De'Veldrin
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#59 - 2012-10-31 19:04:21 UTC
Arsedestroyer wrote:
De'Veldrin wrote:

It's used in posttranscriptional gene silencing, so ideally, selective proteins can be barred from translation. In this specific case, the target gene is encoding Arylsulfatase E, which catlayzes the hydrolization of sulfate esters.

Individuals with an inherent ARSE-deficiency thus suffer from an impoper composition of their cartilage and as a further result, bone matrix, resulting in impaired skeletal growth among some other conditions.

The siRNA thus is useful for researching the diseases pathomechanics and possible treatment options in vitro.

I feel like I'm having a conversation on the science forum I belong to.

De'Veldrin's Corollary (to Malcanis' Law): Any idea that seeks to limit the ability of a large nullsec bloc to do something in the name of allowing more small groups into sov null will inevitably make it that much harder for small groups to enter sov null.

Logix42
Taxation Damnation
#60 - 2012-10-31 19:08:11 UTC
Logic with a twist = Logix
42 is a special number from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

When I first tried incursions some people thought it was supposed to be clever. Like a Logi x-ing up with a 4-2 fit....

Go beyond the edge of space... Explore