These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

High Sec will burn

Author
Touval Lysander
Zero Wine
#21 - 2012-10-30 23:08:47 UTC
[space reserved for FA, Test, Goon rant interspersed with attempts to point out one man's revenge against CCP for touching him in a bad place]

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

Wacktopia
Fleet-Up.com
Keep It Simple Software Group
#22 - 2012-10-30 23:13:33 UTC
Tyler Durden wrote:
Pounding that kid, I really wanted to put a bullet between the eyes of every endangered panda that wouldn't screw to save its species and every whale or dolphin that gave up and ran itself aground.

Kitchen sink? Seriousy, get your ship together -  Fleet-Up.com

Tarvos Telesto
Blood Fanatics
#23 - 2012-10-30 23:30:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Tarvos Telesto
Goons and Test alliance please ignore cant even burn jita more than 2 day long, in fact jita burn was nice event but they give up probably because no more of free Tornados or somthing like this, most of goonswarm cant even enter empire space, because of wardec, most ship they use in empire are shutles, fast travel ship and indy with cloaks.

Our overlords... Tro-lo-lo-lo

EvE isn't game, its style of living.

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#24 - 2012-10-30 23:34:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Mr Epeen
General Nusense wrote:

Eve is dieing and will be a ghost universe in the near future.

Is it 2005 again? ( the year I started reading about EVE being on it's deathbed)

Mr Epeen Cool
Mortimer Civeri
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2012-10-30 23:38:25 UTC
General Nonsense wrote:
Useless drivel and hyperbole.

Fixed your name and TL;DR'ed your post.

"I don't know which is worse, ...that everyone has his price, or that the price is always so low." Calvin

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#26 - 2012-10-30 23:40:14 UTC
Kinis Deren wrote:
Whilst I don't hold to the same view as OP as to the future of the game, his post does seem to ask (reading between the lines) the following question ...

Is high sec the obvious home of emergent gameplay?

The only thing I can recall null/low producing on a macro level, since I started to play, is OTEC and the FW LP farming. vOv

No, emergent gameplay has to be cracked down on.

~unintended use of game mechanics~ cannot be allowed to proliferate. Please report all offenders to the appropriate authorities.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Cold Burrito
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#27 - 2012-10-30 23:42:33 UTC
The one thing you forgot to factor into your blue sea hypothesis is you assumed that people will get bored and leave because of no fights.

All it takes is one bored FC to take a slightly too large roam to Dek, or two alliances racing to tower a previously unknown moon, or one completely over-the-top atomic supernova of a "yo mamma so fat" competition to restart the wheels of reset.
Jame Jarl Retief
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#28 - 2012-10-30 23:44:20 UTC
Gogela wrote:
Good. If the goons can blue all of null maybe having every other developer and gaming magazine pointing and laughing at CCPs mis-management of their game will compel them to make space people actually want.

Godspeed goons.

That's my take on it as well. I get really happy when these extremes are reached, in any game, because it really makes the problem stand out. I recently finished my stint in Guild Wars 2, and PvP there is hilarious right now - 90% of most teams is just 2 classes. But that's the only way to get the developers to pay attention. When the game breaks down completely like that, you have to take action or see people quit out of boredom because you can only play the same match so many times before you start contemplating jumping out the window...even if you are on the ground floor.
usrevenge
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#29 - 2012-10-30 23:48:02 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
usrevenge wrote:
so many things happen in null one minute you can be the most powerful alliance, the next you can forget to pay the sov bill.

Yeah, about sov bills ... or kicking your sov holding corp ... or having a director push your disband button ...

solodrakbansolodrakbansol? I forget the name of it.. so long ago =p
Clystan
Binaerie Heavy Industries
#30 - 2012-10-30 23:48:25 UTC
You know what? When a cat poops in the sandbox, do I see a pile of shyte? No way! I see Kitty Roca.. And you should as well. Plug that in your fourth slot and smoke it.
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#31 - 2012-10-30 23:57:45 UTC
Cold Burrito wrote:
The one thing you forgot to factor into your blue sea hypothesis is you assumed that people will get bored and leave because of no fights.

All it takes is one bored FC to take a slightly too large roam to Dek, or two alliances racing to tower a previously unknown moon, or one completely over-the-top atomic supernova of a "yo mamma so fat" competition to restart the wheels of reset.

I don't think Boat cares if you call him fat.

Last I heard he was because he ~wanted to be~ or something. It was a fairly hilarious thing where he was talking about FCing... AND there was a soundboard I think.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

rodyas
Tie Fighters Inc
#32 - 2012-10-31 00:15:25 UTC
Sounds like null will burn before hi sec though.

I could support what is happening.

Signature removed for inappropriate language - CCP Eterne

dethleffs
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#33 - 2012-10-31 00:15:44 UTC
When im a bit drunk i'd like to reply to this mess of an OP, but i really shoudlnt..

sea of blues, dont make me laugh.. The apocalypse would be here in 2012, but it didnt. Keep on shitposting
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#34 - 2012-10-31 00:19:02 UTC
npc alts always have their fingers on the very pulse of nullsec

lol

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Karrl Tian
Doomheim
#35 - 2012-10-31 00:50:21 UTC
Soon Shin wrote:
Old news. Its been burning for a while now.

More like smoldering. Lots of smoke, very little heat.
Lord Calus
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#36 - 2012-10-31 00:52:20 UTC
Look 2 threads down where the guy is whining about freighter ganking being too profitable.

Can't live with em, cant live without em.
EI Digin
irc.zulusquad.org
#37 - 2012-10-31 00:58:05 UTC
GOON grrrr
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#38 - 2012-10-31 03:37:51 UTC
Andski wrote:
npc alts always have their fingers on the very pulse of nullsec

lol

NPC alts, the best.

Lyrrashae
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#39 - 2012-10-31 04:05:39 UTC
General Nusense wrote:
This will happen. Probably in the next year or less. Here is why.

If you look at todays influence map you will realize that its pretty much Goonswarm and Pets with some pockets of resistance. Well Ladies and Gentleman, Its about to become all blue from east to west, from north to south. At the current rate of expansion the southern pets will be pushing up to Solar space while the northern pets, with the 50 token GSF pilots in fleet, will push through to Geminate. This will leave just Goonswarm + pets in the north, Goonswarm Pet and PL meatshield TEST in the south and Solar in the east. Since TEST is still Blue to GoonSwarm Federation MK III this will create the "Sea of Blue" or "No targets left except in empire".

Lately TEST has been doing the Goon "MiniLuv' freighter ganks in the south. When asked about it, it was said that "empire pubbies sorta fight back" and "we really dont do much except blob a system to death and get no fights". The Ice interdiction, Hulkageddon and the Burn Jita events were to give Goon+Pets targets to shoot at. With the coming of the "Age of Blue" their efforts are going to be focused on Empire, where most of the player base lives.

Now you might be saying "Why would Goonswarm care about Empire when all they say is 'Empire is for pubbies, Null Sec is the only way to play EvE Online'", The reason is because they will not have anything to do in null sec except be carebears. Which they pretty much are. They are pretty much being forced to fight for Vale of the Silent even when most of Goonswarm is ratting in Deklien and laughing at their pets taking space and moons and not getting anything in return.

Since this is a "Sandbox" game, CCP will not do anything to limit the size of Blue Lists or numbers of people in alliances. WIth the war dec mechanics in place it is so expensive to war dec any of the bigger alliances you just end up being a sitting target. With the amount of people under the GoonSwarm umbrella they can Gank you all day long and you cant really do anything about it. Except to stay docked or not log in. Which is how the Goonswarm tactic works.

In closing,

Eve is dieing and will be a ghost universe in the near future.

No-one cares anymore, mate.

1.5/10.

(It's "dying," by the way.)

Next!

Ni.

Shederov Blood
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
#40 - 2012-10-31 04:10:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Shederov Blood
Lyrrashae wrote:
It's "dying," by the way.
You're lieieing! It's dieieieieing!
(Yes, whenever anyone spells it that way, I have the sudden urge to sing Old McDonald Had a Farm with all the e-i-e-i-o's.)

Who put the goat in there?