These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

is there any new transport ship comming?

Author
Zintex
Dead Council's Revenge
Askaantiuul Logistics
#1 - 2012-10-30 17:50:09 UTC
could be nice to see a transport ship that has more cargo space then iteron mark 5 but still smaller then a freighter
so players have a medium size transport, like between 100k - 150k m3 and some low slot's for cargohold expanders
and cost around 500 mill. isk.

Threshner
#2 - 2012-10-30 18:26:54 UTC
This is too good of an idea. CCP will never do it!

Id buy one in a heartbeat.
Infinite Force
#3 - 2012-10-30 18:30:57 UTC
Mortimer Civeri
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2012-10-30 21:50:03 UTC
Zintex wrote:
could be nice to see a transport ship that has more cargo space then iteron mark 5 but still smaller then a freighter
so players have a medium size transport, like between 100k - 150k m3 and some low slot's for cargohold expanders

PSST! Already in game, it's called an Orca.

"I don't know which is worse, ...that everyone has his price, or that the price is always so low." Calvin

Dave stark
#5 - 2012-10-30 22:22:58 UTC
Mortimer Civeri wrote:
Zintex wrote:

PSST! Already in game, it's called an Orca.

bonus; the orca has that whole unscannable thing going on too.
Zintex
Dead Council's Revenge
Askaantiuul Logistics
#6 - 2012-10-30 22:38:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Zintex
well the orca only have 30k m3 as standard .. and not the 100k m3 i was thinking on....
and it whold be nice if it wasn't that expencive to get the skill's for
ACE McFACE
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2012-10-30 22:43:40 UTC
Orca also has the 40,000m3 corp hanger, plus it can carry rigged ships

Now, more than ever, we need a dislike button.

Zintex
Dead Council's Revenge
Askaantiuul Logistics
#8 - 2012-10-30 22:55:01 UTC
ACE McFACE wrote:

do the corp hanger work if i'm not in a corp ?
Nalha Saldana
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2012-10-30 22:58:29 UTC
Zintex wrote:
ACE McFACE wrote:

Not surea bout right now but im sure it will after expansion hits, they are remaking it into a fleet hangar instead of corp.
Salpad
Carebears with Attitude
#10 - 2012-10-31 14:47:18 UTC
Nalha Saldana wrote:

Not surea bout right now but im sure it will after expansion hits, they are remaking it into a fleet hangar instead of corp.

Do we know how the fleet hangar will work?
Marc Callan
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2012-10-31 15:49:21 UTC
Zintex wrote:
well the orca only have 30k m3 as standard .. and not the 100k m3 i was thinking on....
and it whold be nice if it wasn't that expencive to get the skill's for

The Orca takes a while to train up for, true ... but it can be rigged and fitted to hold over 90k m3 in the main cargohold with Industrial Command V (though more usually it's tanked in its low slots, in which case it can still hold over 50k in the cargohold, even with Industrial Command III), plus 40k in the corporate hangars, and another 50k in its ore hold (if you've got ore to go from point A to point B).

So far as I know, the only cargo area that's scannable is the main cargo hold; anything in the corporate hangars is not only secure from pirate scanners, but guaranteed not to drop if you get ganked. Also, the Orca can sport a buffer tank second only to a full-blown capital ship's, and can travel almost as fast as a basic industrial if properly fitted (with a Reactor Control in a low slot, it has the powergrid for a 100MN microwarp drive, which will let it warp from a standing start in 10 seconds).

It's a long train, but worth it.

"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." - Kurt Vonnegurt

Mia Restolo
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#12 - 2012-10-31 17:34:25 UTC
Zintex wrote:
ACE McFACE wrote:

Yes, the corp hangar acts almost the same as another cargo hold and the ship's pilot always has access.

iirc the problem with the corp hangar now is that in a mixed fleet the pilot can only configure the corp hangar to be accessible to their corp members if desired, I imagine a "fleet hangar" would allow it to be configured for fleet member access too. Very handy for a multi-corp mining fleet or as a mobile supply and fitting station (less fiddling with jet cans).
Zintex
Dead Council's Revenge
Askaantiuul Logistics
#13 - 2012-10-31 17:59:50 UTC
okay nice to know... just need to train the skill's and get alot more isk ..
not that fun when i only can move 38.5k m3 at a time in my iteron mark 5 :P
Barrogh Habalu
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#14 - 2012-11-01 05:25:22 UTC
Marc Callan wrote:
...and can travel almost as fast as a basic industrial if properly fitted (with a Reactor Control in a low slot, it has the powergrid for a 100MN microwarp drive, which will let it warp from a standing start in 10 seconds).

Another option to travel-fit Orca is to use ACR I rig which will be enough for fitting 100mn MWD. Low slots are used for DCU + bulkheads combo pretty often. This way it has about 250k EHP which is indeed very good for a subcap, though Damnation and blinged out Proteus (and even all-out tanked Impel) would like to object to calling Orca the most durable subcap Smile
Yoshite McLulzypants
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2012-11-01 08:01:42 UTC
I love max cargo fitted itty 5's loaded to the **** with space gold. Keep on truckin buddy. Pay no heed to these orca noobs they just want you to buy one because they produce them. Obviously.
Jorma Morkkis
State War Academy
Caldari State
#16 - 2012-11-01 08:23:54 UTC
Barrogh Habalu wrote:
Another option to travel-fit Orca is to use ACR I rig which will be enough for fitting 100mn MWD. Low slots are used for DCU + bulkheads combo pretty often. This way it has about 250k EHP which is indeed very good for a subcap, though Damnation and blinged out Proteus (and even all-out tanked Impel) would like to object to calling Orca the most durable subcap Smile

If Orca is only for transporting stuff then this might be a good idea.

Not so much if you also use that Orca to boost mining ops since that ACR rig will be useless in boosting config. And the fact that you can't fit MWD and links at the same time.
Jack Miton
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#17 - 2012-11-01 10:08:17 UTC
orcas DO exist you know...

There is no Bob.

Stuck In Here With Me:  http://sihwm.blogspot.com.au/

Down the Pipe:  http://feeds.feedburner.com/CloakyScout