These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Deninard Industries Public Booth

Author
I Was There
Habemus
#21 - 2012-10-09 20:08:12 UTC
This looks very interesting...

-IwasThere
CEO of the Nigerian Drug Manufactory co.
Vadane Deninard
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#22 - 2012-10-28 16:17:54 UTC
Greetings o/

It took me a while to prepare this walk-of-shame-posting but I wanted to arrange things first prior to making a public announcement. To make a long story short: we got griefed by one of our directors. He did a pretty good job in this coup and I can't really blame him and I take full responsibility for this unfortunate event.

Note that no investor was hurt by this as we immediately closed all accounts and payed back all investments using private assets and savings. All investors still got their interests payed out.

The only investment that was not immediately payed back is the one by Ji Sama (speaking for 3M Unlimited alliance). He was so kind to even put interest payments and the full bond on hold. I'd like to thank Ji Sama again for his support and understanding!
Fortunately, we were able to recover from this event much faster than I expected so that the bond with 3M Unlimited will just go on as initially planned. I have "transfered" the bond from DENIN to myself personally, and things will move along unchanged.

DENIN however will be shut down after this event. The griefer was fortunate enough to also transfer a small number of shares to his character such that the whole concept of DENIN has become infeasible (paying out dividends to shareholders etc.).

Corp members will move along in seperate ways and each member of the board has different plans for the future. Personally, I will start a new corporation but will focus on different things this time. There are no plans for accepting investors or something like that.

The channel #DENIN Public will remain active for its former members and friends to meet.

Note that there has been a background check on the griefer (performed by VV) and it may be possible that he was quite a professional in this "profession". From all that can be concluded however, he is not a part of the "MD Community" (if there is such). He was initially recruited via in-game ad and doesnt seem related to any known people arround here.

Thanks again for all supporters and friends who made the last 3 months quite an exciting ride! It was a great experience and while the ending was more like crashed-and-burned, we all learned from that significantly and I'll keep this project in quite a good memory nevertheless.

Very bests,

VD
Nanatoa
#23 - 2012-10-28 16:23:43 UTC
So who was it?
Does VV have a list of alts?

"Stay the course, we have done this many times before." - (CCP) Hilmar, June 2011

Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#24 - 2012-10-28 16:52:51 UTC
Nanatoa wrote:
So who was it?
Does VV have a list of alts?

Those who requested the data mining got a list with what was possible to find out.
Vadane Deninard
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2012-10-28 16:55:21 UTC
We have a list of alts and I'll keep monitoring them. I have already warned the CEO of a new corp the griefer was joining in. Fun fact: He tried to get into higher ranks with a similar strategy (providing extensive market research and knowledge). The griefer once told me his father was a Wall Street banker so he'd know stuff. ;) Turns out the corp is now closed anyway...

I'd rather not give out any alts because
a) There is no guarantee that the background check provides real alts and I'd like to keep away from ill-founded public humiliation.
b) In case the alts are true, I'd rather have the griefer not knowing how much we know about him.

I think VV will agree with this.
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#26 - 2012-10-28 17:24:50 UTC
Vadane Deninard wrote:
We have a list of alts and I'll keep monitoring them. I have already warned the CEO of a new corp the griefer was joining in. Fun fact: He tried to get into higher ranks with a similar strategy (providing extensive market research and knowledge). The griefer once told me his father was a Wall Street banker so he'd know stuff. ;) Turns out the corp is now closed anyway...

I'd rather not give out any alts because
a) There is no guarantee that the background check provides real alts and I'd like to keep away from ill-founded public humiliation.
b) In case the alts are true, I'd rather have the griefer not knowing how much we know about him.

I think VV will agree with this.

Of course, that's why I did not mention about giving out lists.
As you might know, in the past I have paid quite hard my preference of absolute respect for my Customers' privacy.
Ji Sama
Akira Industries
#27 - 2012-11-06 09:26:39 UTC
Confirming receipt of interest.
Thank you.
Previous page12