These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

AFK Stealth Pilots in 0.0

Author
Touval Lysander
Zero Wine
#41 - 2012-10-28 01:38:56 UTC
CCP. Please remove AFK cloakies.

This guy will quit 0.0 and the last thing we need is more 0.0 whiney living in highsec!!

Fix 0.0 too. Get ALL the 0.0 whiney BACK there.

(including me)...

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

Uthgaard
Because ISK
#42 - 2012-10-28 03:13:26 UTC
No one is forcing you to stay docked. You're choosing to, because you're afraid of pvp happening, in null sec. If you're afraid of pvp happening, you shouldn't be in null sec. The problem isn't that you see someone in local, it's that you expect safety in a pvp area.

It isn't CCP's job to take away your anxiety of knowing that (gosh what a concept) you are at risk in a pvp designated zone. It's your job to manage your expectations, or go back to high sec and cry about the stabber bumping your miner.
Simetraz
State War Academy
Caldari State
#43 - 2012-10-28 04:05:48 UTC
OP

Welcome to the saddest tactic in the game.
And yes there is no direct counter to it that is worth your time.

However there are some indirect options.

One is to switch to skiff's and ignore them. (of course that isn't going to help against a T3 cruiser)
Second is to switch systems.

However it doesn't prevent them from gaining intel.
And for that they can be 100 % afk by simply recording their screen and reviewing later.

Sadly CCP and the vast majority of he players don't want to change it so nothing will ever happen.
But that being said you can always go and camp their home systems as well.
Good hunting




Uthgaard
Because ISK
#44 - 2012-10-28 04:29:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Uthgaard
Simetraz wrote:
Welcome to the saddest tactic in the game.
...
Sadly CCP and the vast majority of he players don't want to change it so nothing will ever happen.


Sound the alarm!! Bring the WHAAAAMBULANCE!! SOMEONE IS AFK ON THE INTERNET!!
(And they're freaking me out because I am entitled enough to expect to mine risk free in nullsec!)

Sad because bad. Sad
Simetraz
State War Academy
Caldari State
#45 - 2012-10-28 04:35:10 UTC
Uthgaard wrote:
Simetraz wrote:
Welcome to the saddest tactic in the game.
...
Sadly CCP and the vast majority of he players don't want to change it so nothing will ever happen.


Sound the alarm!! Bring the WHAAAAMBULANCE!! SOMEONE IS AFK ON THE INTERNET!!
(And they're freaking me out because I am entitled enough to expect to mine risk free in nullsec!)

Sad because bad.


"I am entitled enough to expect to" anything "risk free in nullsec!"

How exactly does that work ?
So you are saying that without AFK cloakers everything we do in null is risk free ?
Okay if you say so LolLolLol
Uthgaard
Because ISK
#46 - 2012-10-28 04:56:39 UTC
What I said can clearly be read.

If it confused you, you may read it again. You can even do it sadly.Sad
Simetraz
State War Academy
Caldari State
#47 - 2012-10-28 04:59:18 UTC
Uthgaard wrote:
What I said can clearly be read.

If it confused you, you may read it again. You can even do it sadly.Sad


Oh a I read it and I quoted you.
That is exactly what you said.

And I find it hilarious Lol
Touval Lysander
Zero Wine
#48 - 2012-10-28 05:00:39 UTC
Uthgaard wrote:
What I said can clearly be read.

If it confused you, you may read it again. You can even do it sadly.Sad

This man tells the truth. He is without need of qualification, an absolutely and undeniably Reputable Gentlemen.

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

Uthgaard
Because ISK
#49 - 2012-10-28 05:01:53 UTC
It seems you're suffering from mood swings. One should not go from extreme sadness to extreme joys so rapidly. I'm afraid it appears you have a psychiatric disorder to go with your inability to logic. Sadly; because badly. Sad
Simetraz
State War Academy
Caldari State
#50 - 2012-10-28 05:28:09 UTC
Uthgaard wrote:
It seems you're suffering from mood swings. One should not go from extreme sadness to extreme joys so rapidly. I'm afraid it appears you have a psychiatric disorder to go with your inability to logic. Sadly; because badly. Sad


3 replies and you haven't said one thing.
Just like the rational used to keep AFK cloaking in the game.
No matter this thread is no different then the others anyways.


Uthgaard
Because ISK
#51 - 2012-10-28 06:19:23 UTC
It appears that perhaps pvp happened on your face. I can understand your fear of the pvpness.

But you shouldn't let one cocky gentleman ruin your love for null sec.

Embrace the pvpness. It might shoot you, it might penetrate your hull. But those are the risks in you take, among the big boulders in null sec.

Get off your asteroid. Don't hide behind your low hangars in the station. You know you secretly yearn for that surprise pvpness, or else you wouldn't be there.
ACE McFACE
Dirt 'n' Glitter
Local Is Primary
#52 - 2012-10-28 07:05:24 UTC
I would explain why if someone is AFK you don't need to worry, but that's been said enough in this thread so instead ill say this: The best way to remove AFK cloakers is to manually pilot around the ENTIRE system with smartbombs running, you'll get them eventually!

Now, more than ever, we need a dislike button.

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#53 - 2012-10-28 07:08:07 UTC
Remove local.


Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Mildiner
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#54 - 2012-10-28 10:08:23 UTC
Hocico wrote:
Hi,

what can we do against afk stelth pilots in 0.0 ? Nothing !!!

She wait any hours and we cant mining, ratting ore others.... attacks comes only vs mining Barges ore infight Ships and are rar....


CCP we need a tactic against this idiots.... thats not pvp.


AFK waiting for 4 ore more hours is an Exploit.


Hoc



Here's a thought. Maybe he's a ninja ratter in a SB and is waiting for you to leave local!

The thought of you both sitting in a system hiding from each other for 4 hours is quite funny.
Renan Ruivo
Hengetools Consumer Products S.A.
#55 - 2012-10-28 10:13:16 UTC
Why do people post in these threads? It's like posting on a furry thread.

The world is a community of idiots doing a series of things until it explodes and we all die.

Mag's
Azn Empire
#56 - 2012-10-28 18:44:56 UTC
Simetraz wrote:
Welcome to the saddest tactic in the game.
And yes there is no direct counter to it that is worth your time.
AFKing is a counter to local's instant intel and it's possible to gain the same psychological effects without a cloak. So this is yet another thread, not looking at the actual reason for AFKing.

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Sarah Schneider
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#57 - 2012-10-28 19:58:09 UTC
Josef Djugashvilis wrote:
You have been playing since 2004 and you are still freaked by Stealth Pilots?

Because of falcons.

"I'd rather have other players get shot by other players than not interacting with others" -CCP Soundwave

Alavaria Fera
Imperial Shipment
#58 - 2012-10-28 20:34:46 UTC
Sarah Schneider wrote:
Josef Djugashvilis wrote:
You have been playing since 2004 and you are still freaked by Stealth Pilots?

Because of falcons.

Falcons are indeed very terrifying T2 cruisers.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Lyrrashae
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#59 - 2012-10-28 20:34:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Lyrrashae
Will someone please explain to me --use small words, thank you!-- how is it that all these "end-game 3l33t PvP-zone warriors of NULLSEC!~!!111oneelevenone!" feel entitled to carebear in perfect safety in nullsec?

And then they're usually the first to rip down empire-space players for being carebears with plenty of "REAL PEEVEEPEE IN NULL!!!"?

Such monumental hypocrisyRoll

You're in a free-PvP zone in a game built entirely around non-consensual PvP, OP.

Psychological warfare is a from of non/con PvP. In a free-PvP zone.

Working as intended, weak troll is weak.

Next!

Ni.

Opertone
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#60 - 2012-10-28 20:37:46 UTC
Single AFK cloaker can not do much. Unless he gives a warp-on point for his buddies.

Set up your own cloakers as eyes in near by systems, to make sure that enemy gang does not come unexpectedly.

If you see a local spike align warp out and cloak. Logging off is risky because of aggro.

Avoid betls, stay aligned, do anomalies, do plexes, do missions - missions are relatively safe. Just like plexes. You have 2 minutes before they probe you. Plenty of time to react. You can see probes on scan, and even onboard ship scanner runs 30 sec. Systems with 20 belts are safer than systems with 5 belts.

This post sums up why the 'best' work with DCM inc.

WARP DRIVE makes eve boring

really - add warping align time 300% on gun aggression and eve becomes great again