These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP allow miners to defend against bumpers ?

Author
Phoenix Bibbs
Fweddit
Free Range Chikuns
#421 - 2012-10-26 18:51:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Phoenix Bibbs
La Nariz wrote:
Miners really should not have laughed and told gankers to adapt over the barge changes. Look at the results, if only you had tanked your hulk you wouldn't have to worry about this horrible bumping now.

The Goon speaks the truth.

Now I gotta go change out bottles on the tear harvester that I have hooked up to this thread.

The next step is the miners will come up with a bot that even posts their whining to the forums automatically so they can make more sammiches and watch Jerry Springer or some other equally engaging TV show.
Robert De'Arneth
#422 - 2012-10-26 19:06:10 UTC
I agree, take the time and effort to setup several systems you can mine in. But under no circumstance ever pay these idiots for a mining permit. You should already have at minimum 4 mining ops anyways, 1 for each hub, just add 1 each for each hub and have 8.

I'm a nerd, you can check my stats!! Skilling Int/Mem at 45 sp per minute is how I mack!     I'm like a lapdog, all bark no bite. 

Anslo
Scope Works
#423 - 2012-10-26 19:08:19 UTC
Robert De'Arneth wrote:
I agree, take the time and effort to setup several systems you can mine in. But under no circumstance ever pay these idiots for a mining permit. You should already have at minimum 4 mining ops anyways, 1 for each hub, just add 1 each for each hub and have 8.

This. There's been a lot of suggestions already noted. Stick to them and you'll be fine. If it comes to them harassing you, make sure you report it. Otherwise, business as usual.

[center]-_For the Proveldtariat_/-[/center]

La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#424 - 2012-10-26 19:19:01 UTC
Phoenix Bibbs wrote:

The next step is the miners will come up with a bot that even posts their whining to the forums automatically so they can make more sammiches and watch Jerry Springer or some other equally engaging TV show.

I believe this bot is already active as it posts under the anonymous tag on www.minerbumping.com

This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. Improve the forums, support this idea: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=345133

Viktor Fel
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#425 - 2012-10-26 19:28:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Viktor Fel
This. Pirates, scoundrels, hijackers, people who know what the word risk means;

Vote with your wallets! I urge you to take the most direct action you can to defend YOUR game play, YOUR free time, and YOUR style!
Darek Castigatus
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#426 - 2012-10-26 19:30:44 UTC
La Nariz wrote:
Phoenix Bibbs wrote:

I believe this bot is already active as it posts under the anonymous tag on www.minerbumping.com

Its either that or someone who seriously needs to take a break from EvE. On the other hand the people encouraging him to try legal action knowing full well he'd get laughed out of any court in the country are pretty bad as well.

Pirates - The Invisible Fist of Darwin

you're welcome

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#427 - 2012-10-26 19:31:19 UTC
La Nariz wrote:
Phoenix Bibbs wrote:

OMG, that's the 1st time I've seen that site. That is hilarious. Emergent Gameplay for the mother ******* WIN.
Sir Marksalot
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#428 - 2012-10-26 19:38:02 UTC
Tali Ambraelle wrote:
TheGunslinger42 wrote:
Tali Ambraelle wrote:
Phoenix Bibbs wrote:
crap

You clearly have no idea how this game works. Also not everyone wants to be in small ships. Not everyone is you.

Also also James is not a "savior" of highsec. He is an undesirable, much like you.

James is playing the game the way it was meant to be played, unlike afk miners and botters. In fact, emergent gameplay pioneers are the epitome of desirable, as they help demonstrate the possibilities in EVE online. Things like hulkageddon and burn jita are what make EVE famous, not undesirables such as yourself, who do nothing but f1 space rocks 23/7

I'd agree if he only targeted bots. No one likes bots. I've seen him target actively non-bot, non-afk players. That's where I take my issues. Also his grandiose claims of being elected Protector of etc etc when he...really isn't protecting anything.

You and other undesirable belligerents are interrupting EULA sanctioned and legitimate game play for active miners.

A bloo

A bloo

A bloo bloo bloo
La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#429 - 2012-10-26 19:38:22 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
La Nariz wrote:
Phoenix Bibbs wrote:

OMG, that's the 1st time I've seen that site. That is hilarious. Emergent Gameplay for the mother ******* WIN.

CCP take a look at this post, this person here was satisfied by emergent gameplay not isk/hr and highsec cosseting.

This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. Improve the forums, support this idea: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=345133

Phoenix Bibbs
Fweddit
Free Range Chikuns
#430 - 2012-10-26 19:39:07 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
La Nariz wrote:
Phoenix Bibbs wrote:

You sir/ma'am get a cookie (of your choice) and a 'Like'.

Continue on.
Shihad Mustafa
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#431 - 2012-10-27 07:33:24 UTC
If it wasn't for bumping miners, waiting around for my Goonwaffe application would have bored me to tears.
Jason13 Anzomi
#432 - 2012-10-27 11:54:36 UTC
Bumper thumpers are quite amusing to me. Once they start bumping me I set my ship to orbit the 'roid and then go to the kitchen to have some lunch. If they're still bumping when I get back I then go run down to Starbucks for a cuppa joe. If they're still bumping when I get back I take a nap. Meanwhile I'm laughing my head off about some fool wasting their time bumping my ship while I'm not there.

Oh wait, I'm ruining their game by not giving them a bucket o' tears. I'm so sorry - NOT!

ConranAntoni
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#433 - 2012-10-27 13:26:18 UTC
Man the buckets, the tears are-a coming

Empyrean Warriors - Recruiting now.

Rollin Forties
School of Applied Street Knowledge
#434 - 2012-10-27 13:50:18 UTC
Jason13 Anzomi wrote:
Bumper thumpers are quite amusing to me. Once they start bumping me I set my ship to orbit the 'roid and then go to the kitchen to have some lunch. If they're still bumping when I get back I then go run down to Starbucks for a cuppa joe. If they're still bumping when I get back I take a nap. Meanwhile I'm laughing my head off about some fool wasting their time bumping my ship while I'm not there.

Oh wait, I'm ruining their game by not giving them a bucket o' tears. I'm so sorry - NOT!

Haha this guy thinks he won by not playing. Orbit doesn't work all that well either.
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#435 - 2012-10-27 15:25:09 UTC
Rollin Forties wrote:
Jason13 Anzomi wrote:

Haha this guy thinks he won by not playing. Orbit doesn't work all that well either.

But you do win by not playing... that's what all the bittervets say...

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#436 - 2012-10-27 17:32:07 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:

lol you'll be getting a failheap challenge forum account next

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#437 - 2012-10-27 18:20:09 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Alavaria Fera wrote:

lol you'll be getting a failheap challenge forum account next

What's failheap challenge?

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Kitty Bear
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#438 - 2012-10-27 18:27:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Kitty Bear
Zkaor wrote:
Will someone at CCP please allow miners defend (destroy) the bumpers ship without Concord intervention. As it is now all miners hands are tied and MUST submit to their extorsion tactics with no means of defense.

P.S. If this should be posted elsewhere please let me know...thanks

If the Bumpers are not in an NPC corp, leave your NPC corp (by joining or creating a player corp) and issue a war declaration.
wait 24hrs, and concord will NOT intervene when you shoot at the "evil bumpers"

In short the mechanisms are already in place for you deal with this issue.

ps
If the bumper is in an NPC corp
Shame him for doing his utmost to avoid the wardec machanic, call him out for being "the baseless, lower than a carebear coward" he is.
Malphilos
State War Academy
Caldari State
#439 - 2012-10-27 18:34:18 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
But you do win by not playing...

If you do it right. People who keep doing something they don't like are idiots. Walk away, do something fun with your spare time.

That goes for every one who whines about how they "have" to do something. Staring at rocks, gate camp, whatever. If you don't enjoy it, you're wasting your time. And you're never getting that back.
Rollin Forties
School of Applied Street Knowledge
#440 - 2012-10-27 18:38:45 UTC
Quote:
If the Bumpers are not in an NPC corp, leave your NPC corp (by joining or creating a player corp) and issue a war declaration.

You'll encounter a lot of tough talk when you're bumping. Along the lines of "wait until you have 10x war decs against you LOL" sort of thing. You know how many were actually acted on? ZERO. My bumper is in a 3 man corp, not really that intimidating.