These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Video blog: In Development: New destroyers and ship balancing

First post First post
Author
Alx Warlord
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#21 - 2012-10-25 19:20:16 UTC
Haifisch Zahne wrote:
I hope this isn't going to be another case of "CCP bit off more than it can chew" and "stomach" (and we'll have to suffer with CCP showing a mouthful of undigested food and nasty belching).

A total of 40 ships are to be rebalanced? Guess you all forgot about that "incremental changes" policy.

Tested and approved already on the test servers! It was really fun! I got a kill on CCP Fozzie =D
Xorth Adimus
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#22 - 2012-10-25 19:22:40 UTC
All the other concept Amarr destroyers look 300% better then the fat coercer eventually picked Big smile
War Kitten
Panda McLegion
#23 - 2012-10-25 19:32:42 UTC
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
CCP Guard wrote:
Ager Agemo wrote:
not all t1 cruisers, faction ones arent being looked at, and the navy caracal right now is a sorry excuse of a cruiser.

We'll get to them all! :)

When?

Aren't you the troll with the thread telling CCP to slow down and take their time?

They'll get it done when they get it done, and I'm sure they'll coordinate with you personally on an appropriate schedule.

Roll

I don't judge people by their race, religion, color, size, age, gender, or ethnicity. I judge them by their grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation, clarity of expression, and logical consistency.

cBOLTSON
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#24 - 2012-10-25 19:39:33 UTC
Looking forwards to the new destroyers and the ship balancing. By the way I like the comedy aspects of these videos :)

The good old days of Unreal Tournament, fragging and sniping on Facing Worlds, listening to Foregone Destruction.......

Jada Maroo
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#25 - 2012-10-25 19:56:07 UTC
Wow, CCP, you royally screwed the pooch when you rejected the original concepts of the Amarr destroyer. So many designs that are infinitely better than the ribbed vibrator you ended up making.
Lili Lu
#26 - 2012-10-25 20:36:58 UTC
Jada Maroo wrote:
Wow, CCP, you royally screwed the pooch when you rejected the original concepts of the Amarr destroyer. So many designs that are infinitely better than the ribbed vibrator you ended up making.

better than the serated vibrator that is the Minmatar one. Oops

Those two look rather similar. But I'm sure Fozzie could come up with a nice complex backstory tale of kidnapped spaceship engineering scientists, later chained to their desks and forced to work for the opposing empire. P

They are on the whole doing a good job with all this. And the level of dev response in their threads has been wonderful for such a perilous project. And no matter how they prioritized the sequence of changes there was bound to be some anomalies.

And to the guy complaining about the navy caracal, wtf. Sure, everyone can't have a fleet stabber. It only means it will get better while the fleet stabber not so much. Have some frickin patience.Straight
ISD Suvetar
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#27 - 2012-10-25 20:37:12 UTC
I'm almost ashamed at how hysterically I laughed at the end of that video.

Well played CCP, well played Lol

[b]ISD Suvetar Captain/Commando Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs) Interstellar Services Department[/b]

Alain Colcer
Nadire Security Consultants
Federation Peacekeepers
#28 - 2012-10-25 20:40:51 UTC
it's just me or was the gallente destroyer using autocannons?
Hykke
Free Imperial Vikings
#29 - 2012-10-25 20:44:56 UTC
BACK OFF PIGS I'M PACKING HEAT Shocked

+1 point to CCP for creativity ... I LOL'ed at a devblog video Big smile
Bloodpetal
Tir Capital Management Group
#30 - 2012-10-25 20:47:38 UTC

Love the side story. I want to see what happens next!!! ;p

Where I am.

Orakkus
ImperiaI Federation
Goonswarm Federation
#31 - 2012-10-25 20:50:31 UTC
Nice Vid!

Um, just as a side note..

Can we perhaps get some.. well, names for these new ships?

If you want, I can start referring to the Mining Frigate as the "Chribba", from now on. I don't mind do that what so ever. In fact, maybe that is what will be the title of my next blog:

"The Chribba! And Other Hypothetical Names.."

He's not just famous, he's "IN" famous. - Ned Nederlander

Radius Prime
Tax Evading Ass.
#32 - 2012-10-25 21:02:57 UTC
ISD Suvetar wrote:
I'm almost ashamed at how hysterically I laughed at the end of that video.

Well played CCP, well played Lol

You must be from Iceland.

Additional width to the ship assortment is always a good thing. More ships, more modules = more fun! Keep up the good work.

Reopen the EVE gate so we can invade Serenity. Goons can go first.

Gogela
Epic Ganking Time
CODE.
#33 - 2012-10-25 21:12:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Gogela
Cells are Bad

CCP Devs sometimes live in a cell.

It's ten foot by twelve and they have to read the same boring, old magazine everyday.

The end.

Signatures should be used responsibly...

Dersen Lowery
The Scope
#34 - 2012-10-25 21:17:13 UTC
Iceland: Where prison **** is still funny!

"Back off pigs! I'm packing heat!" is a good line, though, especially from the apparent model for the Ni-Kunni male.

Proud founder and member of the Belligerent Desirables.

I voted in CSM X!

Nagarythe Tinurandir
Einheit X-6
Ushra'Khan
#35 - 2012-10-25 21:44:41 UTC
Alain Colcer wrote:

it is. (200mm with fusion, plasma or emp ... ^^)
Lady Zarrina
New Eden Browncoats
#36 - 2012-10-25 21:46:46 UTC
OUCH.

Funny vid, and great news. Looking forward to seeing some mid-sized ship love.

EVE: All about Flying Frisky and Making Iskie

Alain Colcer
Nadire Security Consultants
Federation Peacekeepers
#37 - 2012-10-25 21:52:36 UTC
Nagarythe Tinurandir wrote:
Alain Colcer wrote:

it is. (200mm with fusion, plasma or emp ... ^^)

oh how low have blasters fallen X
Sizeof Void
Ninja Suicide Squadron
#38 - 2012-10-25 22:16:06 UTC
When will all of these new and/or rebalanced ships be up on Sisi, so that the players can help you check for any issues which should be fixed prior to release to Tranquility?

40 ships to test - and 40 days left until Retribution goes live. That is a lot of QA work.
darmwand
Stay Frosty.
A Band Apart.
#39 - 2012-10-25 22:24:10 UTC
I for one am happy that none of the new ships seem to have a camouflage paint job. Now could we please repaint the Navy Comet? Straight

That said, I'm really looking forward to these changes, it's going to be an interesting winter.

"The pen is mightier than the sword if the sword is very short, and the pen is very sharp."

Soon Shin
Scarlet Weather Rhapsody
#40 - 2012-10-25 22:24:33 UTC
One thing that bothers me is that the Caldari and Gallente destroyers look like they are flying backwards.

The caldari one looks like a ship going in reverse.

The Gallente rear looks better than the front.

The Minmatar......... ugly.

The Amarr Concept art looks much much better than the current model, which is a fatter coercer.