These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Why a high sec nerf is good for industrialists.

Author
Natsett Amuinn
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#361 - 2012-10-25 16:12:23 UTC
Vanyr Andrard wrote:
Natsett Amuinn wrote:
Some people don't seem to care that a change would be good for high sec, only that it would benefit null; so **** us keep everything as it is and squeeze an entire playstyle out of null.

Pretty hypocritical coming from a group that constantly uses the "null players shouldn't dictate how we play" as an excuse to change everything.

If you define a group by "irrational hypocrite carebear forum complainers", then don't be surprised when members of this group make hypocritical and irrational complaints on the forums about null affecting hisec. This is effectively what you've done. They haven't defined themselves in any way, by joining a corp together, forming a coalition, etc. It's reasonable to think of them as a group privately, but to refer to them as a group on a public forum is somewhat misleading. They've done nothing to deserve the name.

I don't give passes to pawns, even unwhitting ones.

And I take offense to anything that would imply that I ever beleived that most high seccers were smart enough to understand what's happening.

Some are smart enough to know that they're manipulating the many with their high sec propaganda about how we push our playstyel on them; understanding the entire time that it is high sec forcing their playstyle on us through absolute dominance of New Eddens economy.

You maintain a communist rule over industry in New Eden, and continually insist that CCP do things to increase your grip on the economy.

You've systematically employed your communist propaganda to neuter all means of fighting back against high secs control of New Edens economy.

Don't worry though, a revolution is coming, and you will lose it. WE, the truelly seasoned and veteran of a shackled economy will have teeth soon.
Vanyr Andrard
VacuumTube
#362 - 2012-10-25 16:14:09 UTC
Natsett Amuinn wrote:
Vanyr Andrard wrote:
Natsett Amuinn wrote:
Some people don't seem to care that a change would be good for high sec, only that it would benefit null; so **** us keep everything as it is and squeeze an entire playstyle out of null.

Pretty hypocritical coming from a group that constantly uses the "null players shouldn't dictate how we play" as an excuse to change everything.

If you define a group by "irrational hypocrite carebear forum complainers", then don't be surprised when members of this group make hypocritical and irrational complaints on the forums about null affecting hisec. This is effectively what you've done. They haven't defined themselves in any way, by joining a corp together, forming a coalition, etc. It's reasonable to think of them as a group privately, but to refer to them as a group on a public forum is somewhat misleading. They've done nothing to deserve the name.

And I take offense to anything that would imply that I ever beleived that most high seccers were smart enough to understand what's happening.

Some are smart enough to know that they're manipulating the many with their high sec propaganda about how we push our playstyel on them; understanding the entire time that it is high sec forcing their playstyle on us through absolute dominance of New Eddens economy.

You maintain a communist rule over industry in New Eden, and continually insist that CCP do things to increase your grip on the economy.

You've systematically employed your communist propaganda to neuter all means of fighting back against high secs control of New Edens economy.

Don't worry though, a revolution is coming, and you will lose it. WE, the truelly seasoned and veteran of a shackled economy will have teeth soon.

I don't live in high sec.
Natsett Amuinn
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#363 - 2012-10-25 16:17:01 UTC
Vanyr Andrard wrote:

I don't live in high sec.

And I'm to stoned to understand that tiny block of text; hence a ranting retort.

Obviously only to me.

Everything I said stand.
Silk daShocka
Greasy Hair Club
#364 - 2012-10-25 17:40:02 UTC
Natsett Amuinn wrote:
Vanyr Andrard wrote:
Natsett Amuinn wrote:

You clearly know what your talking about when you refer to hi-sec as a communist entity.

I shall hereby notify all of high sec to bow down to the master goon economist that you are.

Geligdio Khan
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#365 - 2012-10-25 20:34:21 UTC

So we pretty much all agree, High Sec needs to be nerfed.

Thanks

Touval Lysander
Zero Wine
#366 - 2012-10-25 23:24:03 UTC
Geligdio Khan wrote:

Yeah. Why not.

And then we can all move to null wearing our red capes and woolen tutus and turn 0.0 into a communist sector full of dancing sheep.

oh...

wait...

Oops

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

Herr Hammer Draken
#367 - 2012-10-25 23:58:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Herr Hammer Draken
Natsett Amuinn wrote:

Except this has nothing to do with goons.

EVERYONE in null is effected by the prices in high sec, we actually feel it less in goons space than many other people in null sec. TEST and HBC I imagine also have decent market hub set up as well, and I would assume that if they have a good enough of a trade hub than they also have some amount of industry in their systems as well.

Places that have no, or very little industry in null would be places that aren't able to break free of high sec industry, that is they MUST import to sustain themselves.

I don't think people get this.
Its not that people import, it's that a lot of people have to import ALMOST EVERYTHING to live in null.

Unlss CCP has some way of injecting 100k people into null, the problem can't be corrected without an increase in prices in high.

Over production in high sec is driving prices to just over mineral cost.
As a high sec industrialist, you should want FEWER industrialists in high, and HIGHER prices for your goods.

I find this statement interesting. If anything you have just convinced me not to move out of high sec.

Your assumption is that I should want fewer industrialists around me to get higher prices. Well straight up everything I do make I earn at least a 30% profit margin on it. I have so many more items to expand into in my market, I have not even scratched the surface yet. I can stay very busy and profitable for years. Why would this be the case if your assumptions are accurate?

According to your belief with all these industrialists in high sec and the trader volume and the low risk to travel and the low risk to make stuff I should not have any market command at all for my goods. I should be just like you in null or worse.
But I am not. That indicates something is very wrong about your assumptions. And then your ideas to fix null are probably built upon bad assumptions as well. IE full of fail.

I think you should quit fighting the odds and move to high sec. Make stuff here and sell it in null. You have already identified that system works far better than the way you are trying to do it. So why fight it? Makes no sense to me. Unless you are in null for super cap construction. Then all this T1 stuff is a smoke screen.

P.S. One more thing that completely defies any logic. Why can I sell skill books at 500% markup just 5 jumps away from a NPC source? The entire route between is in high sec.

Herr Hammer Draken "The Amarr Prophet"

Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#368 - 2012-10-26 04:58:39 UTC
Geligdio Khan wrote:

Or null people could stop shooting everybody not alliance blue they ever see thus creating some kind of possible commerce in thier territory to boost industry as the market could support it. Whats the point of industry in null if you can't sell anything anyway?
Minmatar Gandhi
The Stoney Path
#369 - 2012-10-26 05:50:26 UTC
Natsett Amuinn wrote:

In a session with my Sensei recently, I burnt 3 joss sticks seeking truth in this statement.

I saw 40,000 white horses in a place called Deklein. I saw 40,000 miners turn to their nebulae and make utterances to the greatness of their greater God.

The greater God, that of the enemy you fear. Fueled by disgust at the whimsical attitude of those to the west, who hath discarded the greater good for gains of a personal nature.

I sensed also a missing space. An empty space. The test is upon you. And with this test comes the beast.

And I saw the loss of thousands as the beast launched, viciously, and devoured all.

Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast.

Go in Peace
-oo-

The stoney path upon which you walk will have two directions. The direction you choose is yours.

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#370 - 2012-10-26 06:02:30 UTC
Frostys Virpio wrote:
Geligdio Khan wrote:

Or null people could stop shooting everybody not alliance blue they ever see thus creating some kind of possible commerce in thier territory to boost industry as the market could support it. Whats the point of industry in null if you can't sell anything anyway?

This post is so fail I don't even know where to begin.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Ghazu
#371 - 2012-10-26 08:08:47 UTC
Frostys Virpio wrote:
Geligdio Khan wrote:

PM for 80m Deklein week-pass.

http://www.minerbumping.com/ lol what the christ https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2299984#post2299984

Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#372 - 2012-10-26 08:14:26 UTC
Frostys Virpio wrote:
Or null people could stop shooting everybody not alliance blue they ever see thus creating some kind of possible commerce in thier territory to boost industry as the market could support it.

Go have a chat with CVA, I'm sure they'll happily let you setup shop in their space. The only problem is, they're NRDS, so you'll have to manually consult an out of game list of who are good and bad people. Or you can, of course, just assume everyone are just bringing you milk and cookies, they just keep making mistakes when they shoot your hulk from underneath you. vOv

Frostys Virpio wrote:
Whats the point of industry in null if you can't sell anything anyway?

Export to hisec to sell, or manufacture things needed by the war machine.

What, you thought all of null was blued up yet? We're not done.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.

RIP Vile Rat

Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#373 - 2012-10-26 19:59:03 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Frostys Virpio wrote:
Geligdio Khan wrote:

This post is so fail I don't even know where to begin.

I really didn't intend it to be taken seriously... I only put it in because while it is a valid and efficient security measure to preserve territory, it also kill most trade from happening. Even if CCP was to give perfect refine rate in null and more production lines, industry in null would still be limited because the market is small and people can make a run to high to buy for less if the price goes higher to recoup the lack of volume.

The volume of sale won't ever really go up because the market is limited to the allowed population. The required security measure does not allow for the market to grow much. Getting more isk per sales would work if null seccers were lazy and would rather spend more ISK than fly to Jita. Problem is, the lazy people are not null seccers. They all live in high where people can sell books at 500% price 5 jumps away from NPC source.

It all return to the same point. To make null industry worthwhile, you have to cripple high sec industry. CCP will have to take a guess on how many people would move or change job in EVE if it happened compared to how many would quit.
Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#374 - 2012-10-26 20:00:48 UTC
Lord Zim wrote:

I could be wrong but I think CCP intended the null war machine to supply itself from high when they made jump freighter. I could be wrong on that but it looks like it to me.
Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#375 - 2012-10-26 20:03:42 UTC
Frostys Virpio wrote:
Lord Zim wrote:

I could be wrong but I think CCP intended the null war machine to supply itself from high when they made jump freighter. I could be wrong on that but it looks like it to me.

Actually, last I heard they were talking about making logistics harder, i.e. they had a hard-on for freighter convoys.

And the fact the manufacturing capacity in nullsec is pathetic is more telling than the introduction of JFs. A full, well-developed region has less capacity than a single system in hisec? Doesn't say much more "**** you nullsec" than that.

RIP Vile Rat

Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#376 - 2012-10-26 20:07:43 UTC
Frostys Virpio wrote:
It all return to the same point. To make null industry worthwhile, you have to cripple high sec industry. CCP will have to take a guess on how many people would move or change job in EVE if it happened compared to how many would quit.

You would only have to cripple hisec industry if nullsec industry wasn't buffed at the same time/beforehand. If nullsec industry is buffed properly, then you would most likely be able to get away with only making relatively minor changes to hisec to incentivize people to move their iskmaking alts back to null.

RIP Vile Rat

Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#377 - 2012-10-26 20:23:26 UTC
Lord Zim wrote:
Frostys Virpio wrote:

You would only have to cripple hisec industry if nullsec industry wasn't buffed at the same time/beforehand. If nullsec industry is buffed properly, then you would most likely be able to get away with only making relatively minor changes to hisec to incentivize people to move their iskmaking alts back to null.

I guess we could give null more station with production lines and good refineries to start. That would let them mine thier mats a little bit more efficiently. You could remove the lines setup and hourly cost I guess since the sov holder technically own those lines now so he would not charge his member. Or have them be a % of the estimated value of mats required for the job and it can be set as a separate tax.

The problem is most null seccers understand the opportunity cost of mining so they don't sell under mats cost like some high seccers do. Null would have industry but would have a hard competing with these people already on the market. If thats what they want and don't care about not really being able to beat idiots on the market, then I guess we can give them that.
Touval Lysander
Zero Wine
#378 - 2012-10-26 20:38:19 UTC
Lord Zim wrote:
Frostys Virpio wrote:

What are we, almost 20 pages?

So a Goon can "move" his highsec alt to 0.0...

Fix MY game CCP.....

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

Oxandrolone
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#379 - 2012-10-26 22:58:57 UTC
These are incredibly good ideas and benefit everyone except afk miners, gets my vote
Geligdio Khan
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#380 - 2012-10-27 02:17:24 UTC
Oxandrolone wrote:
These are incredibly good ideas and benefit everyone except afk miners, gets my vote

Ah thanks man, appreciate the feedback.

Thanks