These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP allow miners to defend against bumpers ?

Author
Tiberious Thessalonia
True Slave Foundations
#301 - 2012-10-25 14:43:36 UTC
Tali Ambraelle wrote:
Tiberious Thessalonia wrote:
Tali Ambrelle, what would you do to stop miner bumping? What game mechanic would you change?

I have no idea, it's not my job. I express my disapproval, I don't claim to know how to run a game. Collision mechanics won't work as that's far too exploitable. Concording or banning them is laughably un-Eve. Aside from the duct tape solutions that might work for now, I couldn't come up with an answer. Could you? Aside from letting them continue to bump?

I don't need to, I'm quite happy with the way things are.
Tali Ambraelle
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#302 - 2012-10-25 14:45:52 UTC

Well good for you then...enjoy the game!
Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#303 - 2012-10-25 14:47:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Solstice Project
Natsett Amuinn wrote:
James 315 wrote:
Tali Ambraelle wrote:
James 315 wrote:
In all seriousness though, there are plenty of ways to defend against bumpers. Go mine in low/null and shoot them. Smile

In all seriousness though, no. They don't want to because they don't want to be interrupted in THEIR game play style. Whether shooting or bumping. Your logic is wrong. Smile

Why should my game play style be interrupted then, pray tell? Smile

If CCP let you blow up asteroids with the same rules as can flipping, would you guys do that instead of bumping miners?

Hell yeah i would! :D
Imagine that!

"YOU ROTTEN SON OF A MOTHERLESS GOAT THAT WAS MY ROID YOU PAY ME RIGHT NOW I WILL PETITION YOU YOU WILL GET BANNED I HATE YOU YOU ******* **** SUCKING KING OF ALL EUNUCHS!!!!!!"

(edit: and that wasnt half as bad as with what some come up!)
svenska flicka
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#304 - 2012-10-25 14:47:23 UTC
Tali Ambraelle wrote:

Don't knock it until you try it.
Sentamon
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#305 - 2012-10-25 14:48:53 UTC

Define a defense mechanism against miner bumping that wouldn't make Jita 4-4 the most hilarious place in New Eden.

Sounds like an added bonus to me. That station needs to be nuked.

~ Professional Forum Alt  ~

Tiberious Thessalonia
True Slave Foundations
#306 - 2012-10-25 14:49:07 UTC
Tali Ambraelle wrote:

I do! Even mining!
Da'iel Zehn
Evil Frosty's Premium Liqours and Fine Wines
#307 - 2012-10-25 14:50:46 UTC
"Rise now white whale. Show us your crooked jaw. Show us your wrinkled brow... He rises!"
None ofthe Above
#308 - 2012-10-25 14:53:44 UTC
James 315 wrote:
None ofthe Above wrote:
As a note of clarification:

What James 315 is doing was considered bannable griefing in the past::

http://wiki.eveonline.com/wikiEN/index.php?title=Griefing&action=historysubmit&diff=55598&oldid=41295

But is not now.

Well, yes and no. Even back then, the Wiki says it was only griefing when used "outside of a fight". But the New Order only bumps to fight for what's right, to fight for a better highsec. So even back then it would have been allowed. Smile

Nice bit of propaganda, but I doubt even you believe that.

The only end-game content in EVE Online is the crap that makes you rage quit.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#309 - 2012-10-25 15:03:15 UTC
None ofthe Above wrote:
James 315 wrote:
None ofthe Above wrote:
As a note of clarification:

What James 315 is doing was considered bannable griefing in the past::

http://wiki.eveonline.com/wikiEN/index.php?title=Griefing&action=historysubmit&diff=55598&oldid=41295

But is not now.

Well, yes and no. Even back then, the Wiki says it was only griefing when used "outside of a fight". But the New Order only bumps to fight for what's right, to fight for a better highsec. So even back then it would have been allowed. Smile
Nice bit of propaganda, but I doubt even you believe that.
Seeing as how you conveniently overlooked a rather important part of the text, it was never a bannable offense: “These include (but probably are not limited to) repeatedly bumping someone in a situation where it does not provide tactical advantage”.

So no, extortion and market manipulation will do just fine as reasons why it's not griefing.
svenska flicka
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#310 - 2012-10-25 15:04:43 UTC
best bio I ever read was a week alt showing up in 0.0 systems saying "pay me 100mill and I will leave."

Think we need to adopt the line "pay me 100mill and I stop bumping you."
Mirima Thurander
#311 - 2012-10-25 15:04:52 UTC
Tali Ambraelle wrote:
No More Heroes wrote:
Zkaor wrote:
Will someone at CCP please allow miners defend (destroy) the bumpers ship without Concord intervention. As it is now all miners hands are tied and MUST submit to their extorsion tactics with no means of defense.

P.S. If this should be posted elsewhere please let me know...thanks

Pay the fee, it's 10m isk to afk to your little hearts content.

Why should he have to pay a fee for a resource center that does not belong to this group?

Because this is eve. Deal with it what u think u where signing up for.WOW in.space?

All automated intel should be removed from the game including Instant local/jumps/kills/cynos for all systems/regions.Eve should report nothing like this to the client/3rd party software.Intel should not be force fed to players. Player skill and iniative should be the sources of intel.

Tali Ambraelle
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#312 - 2012-10-25 15:09:59 UTC
Mirima Thurander wrote:
Because this is eve. Deal with it what u think u where signing up for.WOW in.space?

Aren't you the edgy one? Roll
Natsett Amuinn
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#313 - 2012-10-25 15:32:07 UTC
High sec industrialists are their own worst enemy.

You guys already have an unending flow of resources that allows you to build considerably more crap that high sec can even consume, driving prices down to near break even points, and requiring you to build even more **** to make up for the abismal profit margins.

And they constantly ask CCP to make changes that will just exacerbate the problem even more.

Seriously, WTF is wrong with some of you people?

Industrialists need MORE WAYS to impact copetition and slow mineral, resource, and production output in high sec.

December 4th needs to get here.
Then, James supporters could donate money by placeing bounties on the heads of the miners.

High sec's communist grip on the economy needs to end.

My crystal balls are telling me that by Dec. 5th the forums will be awash in tears from high sec industrialists who have the EXACT SAME TOOLS to fight back with, demanding CCP nerf the bounty system because null sec players are 'forcing" their playstyle on them.

You have no idea how excited I am.
I do not give two ***** about people that DO NOT IMPACT MY GAMEPLAY. NC. they make me more money, not less. War is good, and I am my enemies biggest fan, when I make money off them.

High sec industrialists lose me money. I have no reason to like you, or to not want to see your communist regime burn.

I will be happy to put money towards anything that will improve the economic situation that the communist center has created in nearly a decade of iron fisted rule.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#314 - 2012-10-25 15:50:01 UTC
svenska flicka wrote:
best bio I ever read was a week alt showing up in 0.0 systems saying "pay me 100mill and I will leave."

Think we need to adopt the line "pay me 100mill and I stop bumping you."

I love little fruitloops like this. They are the sort of nubbins who will take their free rifter and burn 400k to try and tackle a smartbombing titan. These are the players we want to keep.
Vanyr Andrard
VacuumTube
#315 - 2012-10-25 15:53:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Vanyr Andrard
Sarah Schneider wrote:
What next? allow miners to mine spacerocks from station?

mining spaceminerals like technetium from stations? Jeepers, that would ruin the game in minutes!

oh.

~not sure if srs~
Natsett Amuinn
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#316 - 2012-10-25 15:57:45 UTC
Vanyr Andrard wrote:
Sarah Schneider wrote:

mining spaceminerals like technetium from stations? Jeepers, that would ruin the game in minutes!

oh.

~not sure if srs~

The stupidity.

Because we can blow up NPC stations, right?

Go back to your communist center and stop demanding CCP to further push your play style on us.
svenska flicka
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#317 - 2012-10-25 15:59:58 UTC
Natsett Amuinn wrote:
Vanyr Andrard wrote:
Sarah Schneider wrote:

oh.

~not sure if srs~

The stupidity.

Go back to your communist center and stop demanding CCP to further push your play style on us.

Goons are very much like communism and you guys are the most vocal and adamant people in eve when it comes to pushing your playstyle on others. Some goons even became CCP developers (good ones.)

Are we going for irony today? tomorrow sarcasm yes?

Cool
TheGunslinger42
All Web Investigations
#318 - 2012-10-25 16:02:07 UTC
Tali Ambraelle wrote:
Tali Ambrelle, what would you do to stop miner bumping? What game mechanic would you change?

I have no idea, it's not my job. I express my disapproval, I don't claim to know how to run a game. Collision mechanics won't work as that's far too exploitable. Concording or banning them is laughably un-Eve. Aside from the duct tape solutions that might work for now, I couldn't come up with an answer. Could you? Aside from letting them continue to bump?

TheGunslinger42 wrote:

If bots, afks and miners in general are being interdicted though then the prices of minerals will rise, which is good for Johnny Newbie.

Except that the ship prices will also continue to rise even higher. Same with modules.

TheGunslinger42 wrote:
If bots, afks and miners in general are given even more protection the prices of minerals drop, which is bad for Johnny Newbie if he wants to join the ranks of filthy miners.

So now you're trying to spin this as a defense for the "filthy miners?" To ensure they can continue?...right...

No, just highlighting that the argument can be used both ways when it comes to pros/cons of buying things.
Vanyr Andrard
VacuumTube
#319 - 2012-10-25 16:07:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Vanyr Andrard
Natsett Amuinn wrote:
Vanyr Andrard wrote:
Sarah Schneider wrote:

oh.

~not sure if srs~

The stupidity.

I don't live in the communist center. Why would you think I do? (and i'm on record as being in favor of all your suggestions about changing highsec and nullsec) Does someone else have a similar name to mine? You seem to be just hurling random senseless accusations about.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#320 - 2012-10-25 16:16:47 UTC
svenska flicka wrote:
[quote=Natsett Amuinn]

Goons are very much like communism and you guys are the most vocal and adamant people in eve when it comes to pushing your playstyle on others. Some goons even became CCP developers (good ones.)

Are we going for irony today? tomorrow sarcasm yes?

Cool
we dont force anything on anyone. We simply defend our right to play in the sandbox and fight against attempts to remove playstyles some dont like.