These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

These forums fail to navigate/load

First post
Author
Jita Bloodtear
Bloodtear Labs
#1 - 2011-10-18 20:41:10 UTC
This has been happening for the last two days now. Navigating around the forums seems to randomly direct me to the "We've been ganked" error message page. We all know these new Eve Gate forums are much heavier than the previous ones, taking multiple seconds to load the content, but does this somehow lead to a timeout and then defaults to the "We've been ganked" page?

Navigate between forums, try loading threads, replying to threads, all of it will sometimes fail here. I've lost numerous reply posts I've written already, and had to rewrite them entirely. I would normally think this was just my computer/connection, but it's the CCP servers that are feeding me the "We've been ganked" website. Is anyone else having this intermittent problem?
Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#2 - 2011-10-18 20:43:31 UTC
Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V if my friend nowdays Sad

/c

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

Jita Bloodtear
Bloodtear Labs
#3 - 2011-10-18 20:44:46 UTC
Oh I know, it was the one time I hadn't done it ><
Barakkus
#4 - 2011-10-18 20:52:38 UTC
Chribba wrote:
Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V if my friend nowdays Sad

/c


Get chrome, it's easier when you can just hit back and all the text of your post is still there waiting to be submitted again :P

http://youtu.be/yytbDZrw1jc

Lord Ryan
True Xero
#5 - 2011-10-18 20:53:59 UTC
it seems to be getting worse!

Do not assume anything above this line was typed by me. Nerf the Truth, it's inconvenient.

Nyio
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2011-10-18 20:54:11 UTC
Jita Bloodtear wrote:
This has been happening for the last two days now. Navigating around the forums seems to randomly direct me to the "We've been ganked" error message page. We all know these new Eve Gate forums are much heavier than the previous ones, taking multiple seconds to load the content, but does this somehow lead to a timeout and then defaults to the "We've been ganked" page?

Navigate between forums, try loading threads, replying to threads, all of it will sometimes fail here. I've lost numerous reply posts I've written already, and had to rewrite them entirely. I would normally think this was just my computer/connection, but it's the CCP servers that are feeding me the "We've been ganked" website. Is anyone else having this intermittent problem?


Yep same here.
Get that ganked message much more frequent lately.
Ammzi
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#7 - 2011-10-18 20:54:58 UTC
I've had it tons today....
Grey Stormshadow
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2011-10-18 21:00:24 UTC
Ganked, tar in the line, parse error, double post... nothing new under the sun.

Get classic forum style - custom videos to captains quarters screen

Play with the best - die like the rest

Razin
The Scope
#9 - 2011-10-18 21:08:26 UTC
Quote:
These forums fail to navigate/load

Here's a fixed subject for this thread.

Seems that when hiring a web team the only competitive requirement for employment by CCP was the most frequent use of the word 'awesome' in the job resume. Some local fishermen figured this out and got themselves employed for the lulz.
Cerisia
Loyal Fortune
#10 - 2011-10-18 21:11:12 UTC
Jita Bloodtear wrote:
This has been happening for the last two days now. Navigating around the forums seems to randomly direct me to the "We've been ganked" error message page. We all know these new Eve Gate forums are much heavier than the previous ones, taking multiple seconds to load the content, but does this somehow lead to a timeout and then defaults to the "We've been ganked" page?

Navigate between forums, try loading threads, replying to threads, all of it will sometimes fail here. I've lost numerous reply posts I've written already, and had to rewrite them entirely. I would normally think this was just my computer/connection, but it's the CCP servers that are feeding me the "We've been ganked" website. Is anyone else having this intermittent problem?



Me too - it's begining to make me think twice about coming here (some say that would be for the best)
This space for rent..
Barakkus
#11 - 2011-10-18 21:14:21 UTC
Razin wrote:
Quote:
These forums fail to navigate/load

Here's a fixed subject for this thread.

Seems that when hiring a web team the only competitive requirement for employment by CCP was the most frequent use of the word 'awesome' in the job resume. Some local fishermen figured this out and got themselves employed for the lulz.


Actually from the symptoms I would guess they have one or two web servers in their cluster that have something wrong with them (assuming it's not running off just one web server). It just is random which one you're hitting on each page navigation.

http://youtu.be/yytbDZrw1jc

eggbort
Doomheim
#12 - 2011-10-18 21:17:43 UTC
It occurs to me that if I owned CCP I would do things right. That also means everyone would be in space right now. To each their own
CCP Zymurgist
C C P
C C P Alliance
#13 - 2011-10-18 21:40:37 UTC
Barakkus wrote:

Actually from the symptoms I would guess they have one or two web servers in their cluster that have something wrong with them (assuming it's not running off just one web server). It just is random which one you're hitting on each page navigation.


You can actually see which server you are currently talking to by looking at the very bottom of each page, "Copyright © CCP 1997-2011 Version 1.0.3.30 | SRV #A353D7DB" and this information will help us when trouble shooting any problems. Sometimes one server is acting up or is getting a slow connection like Barakkus mentioned.

I haven't noticed but one "We were Ganked" messages today but if you can reproduce one or track down some logic around the ones you get we would love to know about it in a bug report.

Zymurgist Community Representative CCP NA, EVE Online Contact Us at http://support.eveonline.com/pages/petitions/createpetition.aspx

Barakkus
#14 - 2011-10-18 22:05:24 UTC
CCP Zymurgist wrote:
Barakkus wrote:

Actually from the symptoms I would guess they have one or two web servers in their cluster that have something wrong with them (assuming it's not running off just one web server). It just is random which one you're hitting on each page navigation.


You can actually see which server you are currently talking to by looking at the very bottom of each page, "Copyright © CCP 1997-2011 Version 1.0.3.30 | SRV #A353D7DB" and this information will help us when trouble shooting any problems. Sometimes one server is acting up or is getting a slow connection like Barakkus mentioned.

I haven't noticed but one "We were Ganked" messages today but if you can reproduce one or track down some logic around the ones you get we would love to know about it in a bug report.



Looks like it happens mostly when you click on a link from the notifications dealie at the top or the one that appears on the side of the browser when someone likes your post (see my bug report).

http://youtu.be/yytbDZrw1jc

Jita Bloodtear
Bloodtear Labs
#15 - 2011-10-19 21:40:28 UTC
CCP Zymurgist wrote:
Barakkus wrote:

Actually from the symptoms I would guess they have one or two web servers in their cluster that have something wrong with them (assuming it's not running off just one web server). It just is random which one you're hitting on each page navigation.


You can actually see which server you are currently talking to by looking at the very bottom of each page, "Copyright © CCP 1997-2011 Version 1.0.3.30 | SRV #A353D7DB" and this information will help us when trouble shooting any problems. Sometimes one server is acting up or is getting a slow connection like Barakkus mentioned.

I haven't noticed but one "We were Ganked" messages today but if you can reproduce one or track down some logic around the ones you get we would love to know about it in a bug report.

Well the problem is still ongoing today as well. The page it brings me to is here:

https://forums.eveonline.com/error.htm?aspxerrorpath=/default.aspx

There is no server information at the bottom of the error page. Only working forum threads have the server numbers at the bottom of them, not the error pages. The page I was on right before the error page was:

Copyright © CCP 1997-2011 Version 1.0.3.30 | SRV #76726DCC
Jada Maroo
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#16 - 2011-10-19 21:41:45 UTC
Jita Bloodtear wrote:
CCP Zymurgist wrote:
Barakkus wrote:

Actually from the symptoms I would guess they have one or two web servers in their cluster that have something wrong with them (assuming it's not running off just one web server). It just is random which one you're hitting on each page navigation.


You can actually see which server you are currently talking to by looking at the very bottom of each page, "Copyright © CCP 1997-2011 Version 1.0.3.30 | SRV #A353D7DB" and this information will help us when trouble shooting any problems. Sometimes one server is acting up or is getting a slow connection like Barakkus mentioned.

I haven't noticed but one "We were Ganked" messages today but if you can reproduce one or track down some logic around the ones you get we would love to know about it in a bug report.

Well the problem is still ongoing today as well. The page it brings me to is here:

https://forums.eveonline.com/error.htm?aspxerrorpath=/default.aspx

There is no server information at the bottom of the error page. Only working forum threads have the server numbers at the bottom of them, not the error pages. The page I was on right before the error page was:

Copyright © CCP 1997-2011 Version 1.0.3.30 | SRV #76726DCC


He doesn't work for CCP anymore. Fix your own BB problems.
Barakkus
#17 - 2011-10-19 21:42:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Barakkus
Jita Bloodtear wrote:

Well the problem is still ongoing today as well. The page it brings me to is here:

https://forums.eveonline.com/error.htm?aspxerrorpath=/default.aspx

There is no server information at the bottom of the error page. Only working forum threads have the server numbers at the bottom of them, not the error pages. The page I was on right before the error page was:

Copyright © CCP 1997-2011 Version 1.0.3.30 | SRV #76726DCC



Same server I get the errors on.

You have to hit the back button and look at the last page you hit before the error to get the server ID, it seems once logged in you stay connected to the same cluster member for the duration of your session.

File a bug report, tell them what you did to get the error and put the server ID in the title (#76726DCC) that way they get grouped together, I posted mine with the server ID in the title.

http://youtu.be/yytbDZrw1jc

Jita Bloodtear
Bloodtear Labs
#18 - 2011-10-20 01:06:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Jita Bloodtear
Sorry for your loss Zymurgist. You didn't deserve to end like this.

If you're interested in more server failure logs, here's two more (SRV #76726DCC failed again):

Copyright © CCP 1997-2011 Version 1.0.3.30 | SRV #76726DCC
Branch WEB-RELEASE | Version 1.2.4.34028 (296168) | Server LHR-WFF-FRONT07 | Lang: en