These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Dev Blog: More from you and less from the evil nasty NPC

First post First post
Author
Thomas Gallant
Quafe Company Courier Shipping
#21 - 2012-10-23 17:49:43 UTC
Salpad wrote:
Can you please add non-Secure Huge and Giant containers to the game? I use Giants for sorting my stuff, e.g. if I have a station I use as a mission base or mining base, but for that purpose I don't need the added expense of Secure containers. Non-Secure ones will suffice. Yet these don't exist in the game.

Please fix this oversight.


related to that, can you add non-secure station containers too? the reason I ask is not just because of cost, but that I can't use station containers without being stuck with them for 3 weeks after I stop using them, meaning if I move bases for whatever reason I have empty station containers cluttering up my lists for 3 weeks. I've been using freight containers instead because of this.
Abdiel Kavash
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#22 - 2012-10-23 17:51:43 UTC
Please, will you make it so that we can repackage station containers without waiting for 3 weeks? That's probably the biggest issue with their use.
David Laurentson
Laurentson INC
#23 - 2012-10-23 17:52:07 UTC
Gilbaron wrote:
Salpad wrote:
Gilbaron wrote:
Luc Chastot wrote:
This is good; however, makes me wonder if you're designing new ISK sinks. Or maybe you're going to cut down dramatically on ISK faucets?



i really hope that CCP will increase the (highsec) market tax and the (highsec) costs for industrial lines in the winter expansion to take some ISK out of the game. and help lowsec and nullsec industry


They can just make the cost for Research/Production lines dynamic. That won't only benefit nullbears, but will also make it more sensible to utilise one's high-sec POS for production purposes.


there are too many slots in highsec to make a dynamic system work

that might work for research slots, but not for manufacturing


The obvious conclusion there is that hisec has too many manufacturing slots, not that dynamic costs can never work. :)

I gotta say, though, I will be mildly peeved at no longer being able to buy station containers literally anywhere. Made life a lot easier when sorting stuff, doing corp hauling or whatever.
Vincent Athena
Photosynth
Just let it happen
#24 - 2012-10-23 17:52:13 UTC
Thomas Gallant wrote:
Salpad wrote:
Can you please add non-Secure Huge and Giant containers to the game? I use Giants for sorting my stuff, e.g. if I have a station I use as a mission base or mining base, but for that purpose I don't need the added expense of Secure containers. Non-Secure ones will suffice. Yet these don't exist in the game.

Please fix this oversight.


related to that, can you add non-secure station containers too? the reason I ask is not just because of cost, but that I can't use station containers without being stuck with them for 3 weeks after I stop using them, meaning if I move bases for whatever reason I have empty station containers cluttering up my lists for 3 weeks. I've been using freight containers instead because of this.

Or at least if you know the password for the container, or none is set, the container can be repackaged, sold, reprocessed, or trashed immediately.

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction

Salpad
Carebears with Attitude
#25 - 2012-10-23 17:54:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Salpad
I tried using Station Containers to sort my sh*t some years ago, but I ran into all sorts of hassle about stuff becoming locked so that I needed to unlock it. So I went back to using Giant Secure Containers, even though I'd really like someting larger than 3900 m3 of capacity (and cheaper too - I don't need the security features of lock-down, audit and so forth).

edit: To clarify, it was the contents of the Station Containers that seemd to randomly get locked down. It was very annoying, and is why I stopped using them.
Salpad
Carebears with Attitude
#26 - 2012-10-23 17:57:01 UTC
David Laurentson wrote:
The obvious conclusion there is that hisec has too many manufacturing slots, not that dynamic costs can never work. :)

I gotta say, though, I will be mildly peeved at no longer being able to buy station containers literally anywhere. Made life a lot easier when sorting stuff, doing corp hauling or whatever.


Back before you started playing EVE, when I was a tiny little Caldari toddler and had just learned to say "BCU", It was still possible to purchase shuttles in all stations. They were made and sold by NPCs, available literally everywhere, no exception, and for very reasonable prices. They made getting around a lot easier, relative to the current situation.
Rengerel en Distel
#27 - 2012-10-23 17:57:19 UTC
Salpad wrote:
I tried using Station Containers to sort my sh*t some years ago, but I ran into all sorts of hassle about stuff becoming locked so that I needed to unlock it. So I went back to using Giant Secure Containers, even though I'd really like someting larger than 3900 m3 of capacity (and cheaper too - I don't need the security features of lock-down, audit and so forth).

That's all fixed, unlock it once, and it stays unlocked now.
You have to do it with each container, but it's just a few more seconds after you assemble them anyways.

With the increase in shiptoasting, the Report timer needs to be shortened.

MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#28 - 2012-10-23 18:01:08 UTC
CCP FoxFour wrote:
More market stuff! YAY!



so when are nex items going to be BPC only? you know cuss you dont like stuff from nothing?

same thing for LP store...

stuff from nothing is lame...

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

Two step
Aperture Harmonics
#29 - 2012-10-23 18:02:16 UTC
Nice changes. Typo in blog: "See the bellow picture:"

CSM 7 Secretary CSM 6 Alternate Delegate @two_step_eve on Twitter My Blog

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#30 - 2012-10-23 18:02:17 UTC
This is great, I hate having to get minerals hauled about to build station warehouses for deployments and having to restrict manufacturing slots for them. 10,000 m3 is a bit much for a packaged station warehouse, though, isn't it? It's not like we can use them to compress minerals, since they can't be reprocessed.

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#31 - 2012-10-23 18:03:13 UTC
Abdiel Kavash wrote:
Please, will you make it so that we can repackage station containers without waiting for 3 weeks? That's probably the biggest issue with their use.

…or, if nothing else, please make logged containers not log repackage attemps, thus resetting the log timer and forcing you to wait another 3 weeks (but yes, removing that limitation entirely would be a very nice Christmas gift).
Sofia Wolf
Ubuntu Inc.
The Fourth District
#32 - 2012-10-23 18:10:16 UTC
Vincent Athena wrote:
Will packaged containers be able to be placed inside containers?


Yes, but that will result in destruction of of both containers, all items in them, and opening of a rift/wormhole to astral plane.

Jessica Danikov > EVE is your real life. the rest is fantasy. caught in a corporation. no escape from banality. open up yours eyes, peer through pod good and seeeeeee. I'm just a poor pilot, I need no sympathy. because I'm easy scam, easy go, little isk, little know. anyway the solar wind blows...

MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#33 - 2012-10-23 18:11:46 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Abdiel Kavash wrote:
Please, will you make it so that we can repackage station containers without waiting for 3 weeks? That's probably the biggest issue with their use.

…or, if nothing else, please make logged containers not log repackage attemps, thus resetting the log timer and forcing you to wait another 3 weeks (but yes, removing that limitation entirely would be a very nice Christmas gift).

i remember back in 06 when my brother still played the game he had one of those funny containers that took a set time to repackage it was jokes cuss he allways messed up the timer and never got the thing closed...

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

Komen
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#34 - 2012-10-23 18:14:57 UTC
Lovely, less NPC made goods. A small but positive change.

More of this, CCP, and less blargh here's a new inventory UI that fucks all POS users.

Also, how about that repackaging items in a POS CHA. That's a change I'd dearly like to see...tomorrow, say. Or a week ago, even better.
Solo Player
#35 - 2012-10-23 18:19:57 UTC
Great! More advantage to large corps and their vertical monopolies...
Reticle
Sight Picture
#36 - 2012-10-23 18:26:39 UTC
Vincent Athena wrote:
Thomas Gallant wrote:
Salpad wrote:
Can you please add non-Secure Huge and Giant containers to the game? I use Giants for sorting my stuff, e.g. if I have a station I use as a mission base or mining base, but for that purpose I don't need the added expense of Secure containers. Non-Secure ones will suffice. Yet these don't exist in the game.

Please fix this oversight.


related to that, can you add non-secure station containers too? the reason I ask is not just because of cost, but that I can't use station containers without being stuck with them for 3 weeks after I stop using them, meaning if I move bases for whatever reason I have empty station containers cluttering up my lists for 3 weeks. I've been using freight containers instead because of this.

Or at least if you know the password for the container, or none is set, the container can be repackaged, sold, reprocessed, or trashed immediately.

+10

I have this mysterious problem with two containers that ALWAYS tell me the log has something within 3 weeks, even after I've not touched them for far longer.
Dorian Wylde
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#37 - 2012-10-23 18:30:57 UTC
Not sure I even realized probes were NPC sold.

Nice job with more small stuff, go CCP!
Iris Bravemount
Golden Grinding Gears
#38 - 2012-10-23 18:31:52 UTC
Damn! it's about time...

Very good job, I have always wondered why containers didn't decrease in size once packaged. Thank you!

"I will not hesitate when the test of Faith finds me, for only the strongest conviction will open the gates of paradise. My Faith in you is absolute; my sword is Yours, My God, and Your will guides me now and for all eternity." - Paladin's Creed

Heathkit
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#39 - 2012-10-23 18:41:47 UTC
What will these containers be made from. It would be great if we had another sink for PI goods....
Eli Green
The Arrow Project
#40 - 2012-10-23 18:46:51 UTC
Vincent Athena wrote:
Will packaged containers be able to be placed inside containers?


Yo dawg I hurd you like containers..

wumbo