These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Wonder what the look on his face was like? An argument for gun cameras

Author
Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#21 - 2012-10-22 23:54:06 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Nova Fox wrote:
From the sounds of it, the girl had gun handling classes if she only had to fire once.

If she had been to my class the intruder would have gotten the Mozambique treatment.

I know what that is! Big smile

It's a manlier version of the failure to stop shot

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Louis deGuerre
The Dark Tribe
#22 - 2012-10-23 12:39:55 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
I am waiting for hand-wringers to start up with "ooohh! *snivel snivel* why is a kid having access to guns? Oh horrors!".

Yeah well one less 12 yo girl getting used as a sex-n-snuff toy is kind of good, no?

I know, we'll have the British in here any minute trying to talk about "shooting burglars who would not have otherwise harmed anybody" but when I teach people self defense with guns (and I have trained people even younger than 12) I ask "do you want a large blood stain and a boatload of paperwork with the cops because someone was trying to steal a DVD player you could replace at Walmart for under 100 bucks?".

Sounds antithetical right? But someone who breaks in and goes for the bedrooms is not some kid looking for a drug fix. If they want to come into the living room and rip off something they can sell in an alley for a hit of smack, I don't give a crap. They come to the bedrooms, they die. They do anything other than run off with whatever they could snatch, knees and elbows, they die. Period. And a fast double tap gets the job done so the creep can't turn after the first shot and have a "british-minded" district attorney jump all over the second shot "not being frontal" and then press charges.

I also expect the "well, what if that was a friend playing a joke? *anti-self defense snivel*" Well, it's very stupid to play jokes like that, no? What are we all supposed to run the world in such manner to be permanently 5 years old? Yeah I'm one of those people you don't do a "surprise birthday party" on. Duh. Be adults and stop with dumb childish crap. There was a case recently, though I can't find the link, where some teenagers pretended to be intruders and one of them got head-shotted by their friend.

That's quite a nice rant you have there, but letting 12 year olds handle guns is still stupid.
I'm fine with gunning down home intruders, but children are called children because they are not full grown and their minds need to mature. In many ways, they are still stupid. Giving them access to lethal weaponry, especially unsupervised, is stupid.
I wouldn't trust the majority of the adult population access to lethal weaponry as well for the same reason, but you have to draw the line somewhere.
Next week she'll be gunning down her friend over which My Little Pony is best. Guess we'll all be cheering again then.

Previous page12