These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Server stats

Author
Sara Mars
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2012-10-21 14:56:46 UTC
Only 38k people for a sunday morning? Is this a sign of things to come? Is EVE dieing?
Riot Girl
You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
#2 - 2012-10-21 15:08:07 UTC
Yes.
Samoth Egnoled
Caldari Provisions
#3 - 2012-10-21 15:09:25 UTC
Set fire to your cars! slaughter your first borns, its ANOTHER eve is dying thread,
Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2012-10-21 15:10:12 UTC
Not morning where i am.
Zimmy Zeta
Perkone
Caldari State
#5 - 2012-10-21 15:50:55 UTC
Solstice Project wrote:
Not morning where i am.

Eve is dead. There will be no more morning. The sun shall never rise again. We are doomed.

I'd like to apologize for the poor quality of the post above and sincerely hope you didn't waste your time reading it. Yes, I do feel bad about it.

Kult Altol
The Safe Space
#6 - 2012-10-21 18:27:44 UTC
posting in another eve is dying thread.

[u]Can't wait untill when Eve online is Freemium.[/u] WiS only 10$, SP booster for one month 15$, DPS Boost 2$, EHP Boost 2$ Real money trading hub! Cosmeitic ship skins 15$ --> If you don't [u]pay **[/u]for a product, you ARE the [u]**product[/u].

Spurty
#7 - 2012-10-21 18:40:33 UTC
Well can only speak for the north east of America when I say that apparently
Every is out buying Halloween decorations and pumpkins this weekend

20 mins journey took nearly 2 hours :-/

There are good ships,

And wood ships,

And ships that sail the sea

But the best ships are Spaceships

Built by CCP

Arduemont
The State of War.
#8 - 2012-10-21 18:57:54 UTC
Confirming the OP is unaware that sub numbers go up every year.

"In the age of information, ignorance is a choice." www.stateofwar.co.nf

Aikemi
#9 - 2012-10-21 19:03:59 UTC
IT'S HAPPENING
Boseo
Azure Horizon
#10 - 2012-10-21 19:08:23 UTC
op is forgetting to count the ninjas that play eve, true to nature they don't show up on stats.

Sorry but file “forumsig.GIF” is currently unavailable please come back later…… like in a year or so.

LP Ormand
Doomheim
#11 - 2012-10-21 20:04:55 UTC
Sara Mars wrote:
Only 38k people for a sunday morning?

Define "morning"?!?! Blink

I tried to scam Coreli Initiate once - didn't work.

Destiny Corrupted
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
#12 - 2012-10-21 20:56:11 UTC
Arduemont wrote:

Because people getting more alts is indicative of the game's good health, right?

Who the hell cares about such things as actual, unique players playing at any given time? Trivial, completely trivial.

I wrote some true EVE stories! And no, they're not of the generic "my 0.0 alliance had lots of 0.0 fleets and took a lot of 0.0 space" sort. Check them out here:

https://truestories.eveonline.com/users/2074-destiny-corrupted

Graic Gabtar
The Lemon Party
#13 - 2012-10-21 21:00:36 UTC
If only there was something like a quarterly economic report that we could see to prove or dis-prove these kind of threads.

Oh well, a company like CCP would probably never publish anything like that.
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#14 - 2012-10-21 22:05:26 UTC
Destiny Corrupted wrote:
Arduemont wrote:

Because people getting more alts is indicative of the game's good health, right?

Who the hell cares about such things as actual, unique players playing at any given time? Trivial, completely trivial.

Actually, as far as the bottom line goes, yes it is.
I assume you have stats that prove the assumption that we have more alts and fewer players?

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#15 - 2012-10-21 22:12:09 UTC
Destiny Corrupted
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
#16 - 2012-10-21 22:27:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Destiny Corrupted
Ranger 1 wrote:
Destiny Corrupted wrote:
Arduemont wrote:

Actually, as far as the bottom line goes, yes it is.
I assume you have stats that prove the assumption that we have more alts and fewer players?

It's not like I want to argue about this. I hope you're right. But it really does feel like there are more alts. I know this is a biased observation, but just by looking at people I know, less and less of them play actively, while getting more and more accounts. I know a whole lot of people who got extra accounts just for FW farming, and previous to that, incursion grinding. Even I am guilty of this; I have twice the active accounts today than I did two years ago, though they're all pvp accounts that I needed for extra scouting/scanning/probing and spying. And even if there are more unique players today than before, they must be playing less, and for shorter periods of time. The server's player count isn't behaving nicely with EVE's sub growth.

I wrote some true EVE stories! And no, they're not of the generic "my 0.0 alliance had lots of 0.0 fleets and took a lot of 0.0 space" sort. Check them out here:

https://truestories.eveonline.com/users/2074-destiny-corrupted

Lady Spank
Get Out Nasty Face
#17 - 2012-10-21 22:28:36 UTC
Eve has been dying since 2003.

(ಠ_ృ) ~ It Takes a Million Years to Become Diamonds So Lets Just Burn Like Coal Until the Sky's Black ~ (ಠ_ృ)