These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Covert ops sliding across high sec?

Author
Complex Potential
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1 - 2012-10-20 13:32:14 UTC
Just a quick Q.

Anyone know what happens if I take a covert ops ship one jump across a 0.5 system while cloaked as an outlaw? Does this normally work out ok or am I going to get popped?

I've been gone a while and my memory isn't what it used to be.

Thanks
Vincent R'lyeh
Screaming Hayabusa
#2 - 2012-10-20 13:44:23 UTC
The police can still find you when cloaked it makes no difference.

However a cov ops should easily be able to warp across 1 high-sec system without getting caught unless you get really unlucky with some insta-locking bear.

I have deliberately developed an air of cynicism that I originally intended to make me appear somewhat louche and caddish but actually comes across as irritable hostility combined with the unspoken threat of sudden violence.....

Complex Potential
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#3 - 2012-10-20 13:46:30 UTC
Vincent R'lyeh wrote:

However a cov ops should easily be able to warp across 1 high-sec system without getting caught unless you get really unlucky with some insta-locking bear.

Thanks.

To be clear, in this particular case there's just a pesky 0.5 system in my way to where I need to be. I would not be hanging around, just going from gate to gate.

I'm fairly sure a covert ops ships would do this fine but just wanted to be sure.

CP
Michael1995
Lazerhawks
L A Z E R H A W K S
#4 - 2012-10-20 14:22:29 UTC
If you are an outlaw or you have bad standings with the local empire, then they will block all cloaking.
Not sure if that still happens if the navy spawns have been cleared.

07:10:39 Notify Your cloaking systems are being jammed by police who are currently in pursuit of you.

Outlaw police eventually scram you, but not initially. Navy police do not scram.
So if you are in a Cov Ops you can get through unmaimed usually, unless there is another player waiting for you in an instalock ship. Big smile

Selling WH CFC Standings 10b/month for +10 with: Lazerhawks, Hard Knocks, Overwatch This, Many Vacancies, Golden Showers, Friendly Probes, Isogen Memed.

Join up for swag C3 Gila/Osprey ratting fleets daily! We also rent C2s out with CV effect!

Tah'ris Khlador
Space Ghosts.
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#5 - 2012-10-20 16:21:39 UTC
Make sure it's not concord sovereign space, or there is no escape for you.

Member of the Pink Pony Killboard Padding Alliance

Michael1995
Lazerhawks
L A Z E R H A W K S
#6 - 2012-10-20 22:41:12 UTC
I went through Yulai as a -2.8 the other day and made it through. According to my corp mates I should've died. What?

Selling WH CFC Standings 10b/month for +10 with: Lazerhawks, Hard Knocks, Overwatch This, Many Vacancies, Golden Showers, Friendly Probes, Isogen Memed.

Join up for swag C3 Gila/Osprey ratting fleets daily! We also rent C2s out with CV effect!

Tarryn Nightstorm
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#7 - 2012-10-20 23:34:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Tarryn Nightstorm
You can't cloak whilst blinky-blinky in hisec, or if the faction navies are after you.

You get this:

Notify [(timestamp)]" Your cloaking systems are jammed by police who are in pursuit of you.

(Or something very similar, it's been awhile since I've had to dodge the Oinker-pigs.)

Just be in something fast, and don't dawdle at gates or stations, the po-po may helpfully web you right into warp...

...But they will point you just a few seconds later if you haven't warped off by then, after which they will make very quick work of you.

Star Wars: the Old Republic may not be EVE. But I'll take the sound of dual blaster-pistols over "NURVV CLAOKING NAOW!!!11oneone!!" any day of the week.

Val'Dore
PlanetCorp InterStellar
#8 - 2012-10-20 23:51:46 UTC
A covert ops should be fine as long as you ain't flashin your ass at the gorram law.

Star Jump Drive A new way to traverse the galaxy.

I invented Tiericide

nat longshot
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2012-10-21 05:17:46 UTC
Complex Potential wrote:
Just a quick Q.

Anyone know what happens if I take a covert ops ship one jump across a 0.5 system while cloaked as an outlaw? Does this normally work out ok or am I going to get popped?

Thanks

as a outlaw you cant cloak. Iam -9.96 to amarr and when jump into amarr space my cloak will not turn on.

[13:12:18] CCP Punkturis nat longshot you're a cutie.. OH YAH I WIN!!

Complex Potential
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#10 - 2012-10-21 10:04:04 UTC
Ok, so it sounds like I cant rely on the cloak to get me across. Perhaps loading up the low slots with nanofibers and intertia stab is the way to go to ensure I get into warp asap.

Thanks for all the help guys.
Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2012-10-21 19:01:49 UTC
It's not that bad.

In a frigate, you're perfectly safe to warp around anywhere you want,
as long as you don't sit still for too long.

In 0.5, it takes around 3-5 seconds for the faction police to show up
and a few seconds more until you get webbed ... and then scrammed.

The best thing you can do to actually *understand* what's going on
is to jump into a noobship and experience it yourself.

That'll teach you much more than anybody can tell you.
Stadom
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#12 - 2012-10-23 13:59:51 UTC
Complex Potential wrote:
Just a quick Q.

Thanks

Will be fine - can warp through 0.5 sec with my armor pilgrim. You have a lot of time from gate to gate - just don't dock up a lot less time from station to gate. :)
Chandaris
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#13 - 2012-10-23 20:26:54 UTC
it's a frigate, you're fine.. just jump in and warp .. unless a player is there w/ an instalocker or a smartbomb to greet you on the decel path, you'll be fine.. but you cannot cloak.
The Djentleman Paulson
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#14 - 2012-10-25 12:20:13 UTC
**** THE POLICE I FLY BATTLESHIPS THROUGH HISEC

seriously even if you're blinky red with the faction police after you

as long as you just warp from gate to gate you're fine
Xolve
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#15 - 2012-10-26 11:04:44 UTC
Vincent R'lyeh wrote:

No- you cannot cloak while an Outlaw (i.e. -5 or below), if you are -2.5 or whatever in a 1.0 the faction police are kind enough to web you first hurtling you into warp.

There isn't a singly CovOp cloaking ship that cannot avoid the faction police (even plated Redeemers).
feihcsiM
THE B0YS
#16 - 2012-10-26 11:59:57 UTC
Tah'ris Khlador wrote:
Make sure it's not concord sovereign space, or there is no escape for you.

Oh that brings back memories. Not good ones either. Blink

Also Interbus sov =/= Concord sov. You're screwed either way.

It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine.

Starrakatt
Empire Assault Corp
Dead Terrorists
#17 - 2012-10-26 15:35:20 UTC
I was warping a plated battleship around in Amarr space while having the Faction Navy after my butts, and they never caught me, actually helped me get in warp faster with their webs.

Like its been said, any frigate should get your from 'A' to 'B' without you being caught. For added safety, just fit low slots with agility mods if you are really worried...