These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Specific Examples of Where Risk Should Be Inserted Successfully Into High-sec

First post
Author
Rayzilla Zaraki
Yin Jian Enterprises
#681 - 2012-10-20 18:50:14 UTC
Lin-Young Borovskova wrote:
Rayzilla Zaraki wrote:
I am still a pretty raw noob in Eve and have spent 99% of my short career in hi-sec space so far as I am still learning the game. For a casual player like myself, Eve has a steep learning curve to it.

I have played other games, one of which is strong on PvP and no where is safe from it as it is in Hi Sec Space, so I am no stanger to getting ganked or spawn camped.

I like that Eve is divided up into different security levels so that I can progress as I feel I am ready. As it is, most of the time I have ventured into even 0.4 space, I have been ganked at the Stargate and capsule killed before I had time to even lock a target. I lost several ships and all their equipment that way which is discouraging even though there is insurance and ISK is relatively easy to come by or cheap to buy.

I don't mind getting ganked like that once in a while, but after 10 in a row, I have developed an aversion to going under 0.5 for now as I am still learning the game and figuring out what works and what doesn't. Getting ganked and seeing what is used on me is definitely a help in learning, that's for sure. But, as I said, repeated ganks where you don't even have a chance to respond is defeating and frustrating.

I am sure someone will suggest that going under 0.5 is easier with Corporation mates, but I have always been a solo player in all the games I have played with only casual association with Corporations/Wings/Clans. They always devolve into too much drama.

What I have noticed that I think could use some tweaking is the difference between 1.0 space and 0.5 space - I really see none. In fact, while I have been reading these forums this morning, I have made three trips to an asteroid belt in 0.5 space in my Retriever and haven't seen a single NPC.

I think they could make more of a progression in risk between the security levels so that going from 0.5 to 0.4 isn't such a sharp contrast. Don't make 0.4 more secure, but I could see 0.5 being less secure. As it is, all I see is that resources in 0.4 are better than in 1.0 and the NPCs are very easy kills and not very common.

As I said, I am in a 0.4 system mining right now as I type this. I have 5 combat drones out and I am perfectly safe from the NPCs. To me, this shouldn't happen below, say 0.8 or so. I'd like to at least feel nervous in 0.5.

Another alt lobby posting. You might eventually convince a pair of newbs, not older players.

Yet another fail despite many good points you just killed yourself with regular stuff everyone knowing high/low/null can figure out. Couldn't think the desperation from some older players out of high sec was that high. Post more with alts claiming noob posting and awesomeness, you fail.

Actually, you are dead wrong on this one. I have only been playing Eve a couple months and still haven't learned even 50% of the game. I assure you, this is not an alt account. I am sure there are Eve players who can vouch for that as I use the same name in all the games I play and I am sure we have encountered each other elsewhere.

The game I used to play had no real protection from unwarranted PvP which, when you are new, really sucks, but you get over it. On the other hand, it also has absolutely no consequences when you get blown up. You respawn in the nearest system with a friendly base with all of your XP, loot and your ship. Kind of lame, really.

My overall point was that the transition from 0.5 space to 0.4 space is STARK. In 0.5 all I need to worry about is weak PvE but, jump into 0.4 and you are crushed and pod-killed in seconds.

If anything, I am actually lobbying for high-sec space to be more challenging. Right now, I see no difference in challenge between 1.0 and 0.5. None. As long as my drones are out, I can set my Retriever, go feed my dog and cats, make a beverage, hit the bathroom and come back to a full ore hold and a couple PvE kills. I have yet to lose even half my shield. Honestly, this shouldn't be the case below 0.8 or so (where you can mine pretty much only Veldspar).

Leave the low-sec space as-is and 1.0 systems as they are. But, from 0.9 down to 0.5 more challenge should be added. Specifically, I do not know in what form that challenge would be since I am still learning the ins and outs here. But, one idea is to have a more reduced CONCORD presense so that their resources would be spread thin, slow their response time and make them weaker so that CONCORD agents aren't the insta-kill they seem to be now.

So, sorry to disappoint you, but I am definitely NOT an alt of a veteran Eve player, just a 2-year veteran of space MMO's.

Gate campers are just Carebears with anger issues.

Bobo Cindekela
Doomheim
#682 - 2012-10-20 19:04:48 UTC
your butthurt raging makes me lol

I come back to the game after a 4-5 year break after the t20 bullshit

assholes ganking my barge

cancelled my account, and told ccp that they need to get with highsec people being safe or they can kiss my sub goodbye for another 5 years

*cue ccp barge buff

now im running 10 accounts

go ahead and implement this stupid suggestions ccp, i cancel my accounts again and your ass out over 2000$ a year worth of plex for another 5 years

You are about to engage in an arguement with a forum alt,  this is your final warning.

Touval Lysander
Zero Wine
#683 - 2012-10-20 20:11:38 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
You have provided nothing to back up your arguments other than attacks on people who play the game in a way you don't like.

wtf? This thread was a NULLBEAR bitching about HIGHSEC because he couldn't SB miners! wtf do I have to backup!?

I've called the thread for the whingy whiney sucky BS it is.

But since you're on it, EVERY man and and his dog knows that null is screwed because of the blueball napfest it has become. Now you are proving you can bring that **** to highsec.

And I have to argue a case to prevent it from getting WORSE for the highseccer? wtf?

I think the people who need to BACK UP their arguments are the ones seeking REDUCTION of security in highsec BECAUSE THEY *&^%ed THEIR OWN SPACE UP.

...ooo000ooo...

Anyone notice the predominance of CFC shitpoasting these threads? It's alll over their own boards, it's everywhere.

They've stuffed up their own space, it's everyone elses fault and now they have some severe retention problems.

amiright?

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

Darth Gustav
Sith Interstellar Tech Harvesting
#684 - 2012-10-20 21:02:07 UTC
Bobo Cindekela wrote:

cancelled my account, and told ccp that they need to get with highsec people being safe or they can kiss my sub goodbye for another 5 years

*cue ccp barge buff

go ahead and implement this stupid suggestions ccp, i cancel my accounts again and your ass out over 2000$ a year worth of plex for another 5 years

I think I like the "make sure it's super easy bordering on zero risk or we'll all quit" argument the best. Twisted

He who trolls trolls best when he who is trolled trolls the troller. -Darth Gustav's Axiom

Touval Lysander
Zero Wine
#685 - 2012-10-20 21:08:54 UTC
Darth Gustav wrote:

I think I like the "make sure it's super easy bordering on zero risk or we'll all quit" argument the best. Twisted

I think I like the "I want smartbombing to be super easy bordering on zero effort or highsec will fail" argument is the best. Twisted

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#686 - 2012-10-20 21:10:15 UTC
Bobo Cindekela wrote:

*cue ccp barge buff

We don't want your kind here.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Darth Gustav
#687 - 2012-10-20 21:15:28 UTC
But no, really.

Mr. Bobo Cindekela actually makes my point for me.

Prior to the barge buff (it was really a mining nerf but whatever), he was not subbed and 10 accounts were not mining unhindered.

Now, after the mining nerf, Mr. Bobo Cindekela is bragging that he's subbed 10 accounts for the mining lulz.

Those ten accounts persist in devaluing the value of a profession ten new customers could have enjoyed.

Thanks, Bobo Cindekela. Your subscriptions' value is duly noted.

He who trolls trolls best when he who is trolled trolls the troller. -Darth Gustav's Axiom

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#688 - 2012-10-20 21:17:04 UTC
Touval Lysander wrote:
Darth Gustav wrote:

I think I like the "I want smartbombing to be super easy bordering on zero effort or highsec will fail" argument is the best. Twisted

I think you're misrepresenting his "I want smartbombing to actually be possible to do in 0.5-0.7 sec instead of miners having this magical ability to make activating this module impossible" argument.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Darth Gustav
#689 - 2012-10-20 21:20:08 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Touval Lysander wrote:
Darth Gustav wrote:

I think you're misrepresenting his "I want smartbombing to actually be possible to do in 0.5-0.7 sec instead of miners having this magical ability to make activating this module impossible" argument.

Wow.

I continue to be glad to have muppets blocked. But I'll address it anyway, since I see it clearly here:

Smartbombing miners in high-sec is only nearly zero effort because none of them are even paying attention...

...in a game about internet spaceship violence.

I've told them over and over how to avoid smartbombing runs the legitimate way.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#690 - 2012-10-20 21:47:35 UTC
Touval Lysander wrote:

amiright?

So the only things you have to defend your arguments is rumours, untruths and more insults.
Darth Gustav
#691 - 2012-10-20 22:04:48 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Touval Lysander wrote:

amiright?

So the only things you have to defend your arguments is rumours, untruths and more insults.

Well, I've really legitimately tried, and I can't think of a single reason smartbombs shouldn't be able to be activated near an anchored container.

I can't really think of why they shouldn't be allowed to activate next to an anchored anything for that matter.

Clearly, stations and outposts should obviiously suppress their activation. In no way would I change that.

But cargo containers? For real?

Come on, this is Eve Online remember? Not Hello Kitty Online.

When was the last smartbomb buff? What?