These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Confirming that the new ship spinning looks sexy as hell...

First post
Author
Greasy Meat Curtains
#21 - 2011-10-18 16:24:44 UTC
Why can't I look up to see underneath my gorgeous Ibis? No looking up permitted, but still cool.
CCP Navigator
C C P
C C P Alliance
#22 - 2011-10-18 16:26:56 UTC
Glad you guys are enjoying it Smile
Killgor
Rocks and Roll Inc
#23 - 2011-10-18 16:36:30 UTC
I can't wait to log on at lunch time to check it out. woohoo!!!
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#24 - 2011-10-18 17:09:46 UTC
CCP Navigator wrote:
Glad you guys are enjoying it Smile

You dun good

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Barakkus
#25 - 2011-10-18 17:12:01 UTC
I have to say, EVE feels like EVE again. And I like being able to go from CQ to hangar with just clicking on something instead of turning on and off station environment.

http://youtu.be/yytbDZrw1jc

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#26 - 2011-10-18 17:16:07 UTC
Barakkus wrote:
I have to say, EVE feels like EVE again...

This.

You know I always viewed the ship-spinning thing as more of a symbol, representative of the greater issues withthe game, but the fact is, having a proper view of my ship just makes me feel a hell of a lot more... there.

Keep working on it, CCP. I want to go back to just being a "veteran", instead of a "bitter vet".

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Big Bad Mofo
Doomheim
#27 - 2011-10-18 17:19:48 UTC
my god you guys really have no lives Smile

Just fix CQ and then ill be happy.... ship spinning meh - get out of your damn stations... Roll
Aldarica
Perkone
Caldari State
#28 - 2011-10-18 17:26:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Aldarica
Yeah, it's great. Thanks CCP.

Oh, and by the way... please, don't force us to CQ ever again. Work on Incarna, finish it, make it multiplayer, and finally give us a GOOD reason to leave the pod and walk around. Until then... good bye CQ (and The Door)!
Renan Ruivo
Forcas armadas
Brave Collective
#29 - 2011-10-18 17:32:26 UTC

1. - Ship Spinning
  2. - Local Fittings

The world is a community of idiots doing a series of things until it explodes and we all die.

Barakkus
#30 - 2011-10-18 17:34:51 UTC
Renan Ruivo wrote:

1. - Ship Spinning
  2. - Local Fittings

?
You know you can export all your fittings right?

http://youtu.be/yytbDZrw1jc

Vincent Athena
Photosynth
#31 - 2011-10-18 17:38:24 UTC
CCP Navigator, question for you.

I went to hangar view, looked all around and could not find my balcony on the station wall. Where is it?

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction

Norian Lonark
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#32 - 2011-10-18 17:38:27 UTC
Sir Substance wrote:
Its a shame the green disembark to CQ button didn't make it, I thought that was pretty classy.

Thank you CCP for the return of ship spinning and hanger view Big smile I also agree with above statement.

Start wide, expand further, and never look back

Nak hak
#33 - 2011-10-18 17:40:10 UTC
Big smile

New EVE Online with 100% more ship spinning!

It's about freedom.

Best Regards, Nak hak

Renan Ruivo
Forcas armadas
Brave Collective
#34 - 2011-10-18 17:44:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Renan Ruivo
Barakkus wrote:
Renan Ruivo wrote:

1. - Ship Spinning
  2. - Local Fittings

?
You know you can export all your fittings right?

I don't mean a local copy, i mean storing fittings locally and not on the server. Either as an option, or as the default setting again.

Before that new "feature", we could have infinite fittings on our fitting window. Now we are limited to 50 and most of the people i've seen are not happy with that. It's like a health insurance company that decides to change the contract and say "Ok you no longer have access to as many examinations as you need, but at least you can have them all over the world instead of in just one country so its a big big improvement for your service!!!!"

They have a "corporation" tab so why not a "local client" tab. That is not a technical impossibility but rather a bad design decision.

Rollback, CCP.

The world is a community of idiots doing a series of things until it explodes and we all die.

Millur
Blue Beret UFO Retrieval Team
#35 - 2011-10-18 17:50:08 UTC
YES! How I have missed that shipspinning Big smile
Thanks CCP for getting it back and CQ and all of that whenever it comes will be visited but the option to have the old classic ship spinning is a must for me. ♥

You cant arrange them by penis...

Henricus Gaufridus
Angry Spaceships
#36 - 2011-10-18 17:55:25 UTC
Thanks for bringing it back, CCP. I missed the functionality of it. The loss of it just added steps to what was already a perfectly streamlined process of ship switching/rearming/loading/unloading.

I do like the idea of a "Go to CQ" button, though... But hey, CQ is kinda superfluous to me. I know that some industrial people like the functionality of CQ, but as your average capsuleer, I got nothing out of it. Maybe I'll see the point if WIS is ever introduced, but WIS is something I'm not particularly excited about. Give me my internet spaceships and new things with which to blow up other internet spaceships.
[IMG]http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt96/lincolnlogolas/ASSlogo.jpg[/IMG]
Henricus Gaufridus
Angry Spaceships
#37 - 2011-10-18 17:56:22 UTC
Thanks for bringing it back, CCP. I missed the functionality of it. The loss of it just added steps to what was already a perfectly streamlined process of ship switching/rearming/loading/unloading.

I do like the idea of a "Go to CQ" button, though... But hey, CQ is kinda superfluous to me. I know that some industrial people like the functionality of CQ, but as your average capsuleer, I got nothing out of it. Maybe I'll see the point if WIS is ever introduced, but WIS is something I'm not particularly excited about. Give me my internet spaceships and new things with which to blow up other internet spaceships.
[IMG]http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt96/lincolnlogolas/ASSlogo.jpg[/IMG]
Razin
The Scope
#38 - 2011-10-18 17:59:46 UTC
Vincent Athena wrote:
CCP Navigator, question for you.

I went to hangar view, looked all around and could not find my balcony on the station wall. Where is it?

Get your answers here.
Arron Daris
Gasworks inc
#39 - 2011-10-18 18:18:48 UTC
Thank you CCP - amazing how something so simple can be missed Big smile
Echo Falls
Adherents of the Repeated Meme
#40 - 2011-10-18 18:56:10 UTC
Excellent day today .. Got my knee high sexy boots with the free Aurum and got ship spinning back .. Does life get ANY better?

Bear