These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

A Suggestion

Author
Sibius Aidon
Ascendance Rising
Ascendance..
#1 - 2012-10-20 05:02:36 UTC
Not sure if I have the right thread, but I do have a suggestion.

My suggestion is simply the allowance to 'decorate' a ship. Perhaps with paintjobs and maybe even special markings to indicate how many kills you got, much like you'd see on Football helmets on local teams. It be real cool to be able to show off some uniqueness.
Theangryhobo
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#2 - 2012-10-20 05:07:16 UTC
That would be pretty cool, but I feel that CCP would much rather develop new ships and ideas than revamp the old ones......besides the revamp they are already doing. Plus, no one really sees your ship but you, unless you're in a giant ship, like a Titan. Although, the image of a pink Avatar comes to mind suddenly....

Sisohiv
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2012-10-20 05:08:32 UTC
Add it to character profile like public certs. Ships aren't supposed to stay with us long enough to have that kind of markings. Though I suppose they could allow for scratch marks based on a characters public kill counts, we seldom actually look at other peoples ships due to the overview nature of EVE so it would be there purely for you.
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#4 - 2012-10-20 05:15:09 UTC
Theangryhobo wrote:
That would be pretty cool, but I feel that CCP would much rather develop new ships and ideas than revamp the old ones......besides the revamp they are already doing. Plus, no one really sees your ship but you, unless you're in a giant ship, like a Titan. Although, the image of a pink Avatar comes to mind suddenly....

I always thought of an Avatar like this

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Graic Gabtar
The Lemon Party
#5 - 2012-10-20 05:16:03 UTC
This is the size of your ship from the perspective of other players in 99.99999% of game play -> .

It's a solution looking for a problem.
Theangryhobo
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2012-10-20 05:19:44 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Theangryhobo wrote:

I always thought of an Avatar like this

Also a good way to view it.

Many players lose ships so frequently, whetherdue to their EVE job or lack of skill, that customization would be pointless. You would likely spend hours making it look perfect, just how you want it, probably spend a bunch of ISK doing it, only to have it blown to smithereens 0.278483671284 seconds into a fleet flight, or immediately upon undocking, or after jumping through a gate. Ships in EVE are short lived, and that's how it's supposed to be. I'm certain that they would charge you for it, and it would become a huge ISK sink that the people in high-sec would probably use all the time, and no one in null would ever use it, except perhaps the aforementioned Avatar pilot.

Asaryuu
Liquid Words
#7 - 2012-10-20 05:22:01 UTC
U gotta wait til the subs dropped again and then maybe ccp will add something cool as this.
Sibius Aidon
Ascendance Rising
Ascendance..
#8 - 2012-10-20 15:02:27 UTC
Short lived, true. My idea was that you'd have a 'wardrobe' of them though, so everytime you get a new ship the selected skin would be automatically loaded onto the new ship. True that another player may not care enough to look at your ship, but it still be a cool concept. Or maybe as we see our character portrait and ship when a player clicks on your ship or icon on the Overview, they see the ship you have customized.
Riot Girl
You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
#9 - 2012-10-20 15:11:28 UTC
Sibius Aidon wrote:
markings to indicate how many kills you got, much like you'd see on Football helmets on local teams

I'm not sure where you live, but that is not how you're supposed to play football.
Sibius Aidon
Ascendance Rising
Ascendance..
#10 - 2012-10-20 16:13:31 UTC
Riot Girl wrote:
Sibius Aidon wrote:
markings to indicate how many kills you got, much like you'd see on Football helmets on local teams

I'm not sure where you live, but that is not how you're supposed to play football.

Ahahaha. When I played Football in Junior High we used stickers to indicate how many times we tackled the guy with the ball.