These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

T3 Harvester Cruiser

Author
Roime
Mea Culpa.
Shadow Cartel
#121 - 2012-10-18 08:09:53 UTC
Why not, well presented and nice idea.

This would go well together with some changes to resources in low/null. More and different gases, comets, whatever.

All in all exploration would benefit from more "exploration" content, and less rat shooting. I shoot players all day long, and in comparison shooting rats is mindnumbingly boring. But I would enjoy discovering things, solving puzzles and harvesting rare resources.

Reaver Glitterstim
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#122 - 2012-10-19 20:26:33 UTC
Solving puzzles would be really nice. It's kind of anti-climactic when I discover an ancient ruin and after cycling my archaeology module on the marked cases, I gather mostly generic archaeology tokens and a few uncommon units. It's like an archaeology training site made by the military.

FT Diomedes: "Reaver, sometimes I wonder what you are thinking when you sit down to post."

Frostys Virpio: "We have to give it to him that he does put more effort than the vast majority in his idea but damn does it sometime come out of nowhere."

Luc Chastot
#123 - 2012-10-20 00:25:12 UTC
Posting to confirm that I am the alt of Emperor Salazar.

Make it idiot-proof and someone will make a better idiot.

LuckyQuarter
Unlimited Acquisitions Ltd
#124 - 2012-10-20 00:45:13 UTC
Nice idea...make it lowsec only :)
Alexa Coates
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#125 - 2012-10-20 03:50:09 UTC
LuckyQuarter wrote:
Nice idea...make it lowsec only :)

kill yourself.

That's a Templar, an Amarr fighter used by carriers.

nat longshot
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#126 - 2012-10-20 04:49:35 UTC
no t3's are not ment to mine.

[13:12:18] CCP Punkturis nat longshot you're a cutie.. OH YAH I WIN!!

Reaver Glitterstim
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#127 - 2012-10-26 05:39:23 UTC
nat longshot wrote:

not CURRENTLY meant to mine.

Is it wrong to come up with ideas for new ships? I don't know about you, but I personally like ideas that bring something new to the table. If you suggested a second set of tier 3 battlecruisers that were like normal tech 1 ships only with a bigger price tag than tier 2 battlecruisers and had more powergrid and HP, I'd say you're nuts and your idea is boring. But a tech 3 mining ship is brilliant. I still say it's a bit one-sided for a tech 3, I think it should be capable of more industrial applications, but it's still brilliant regardless.

FT Diomedes: "Reaver, sometimes I wonder what you are thinking when you sit down to post."

Frostys Virpio: "We have to give it to him that he does put more effort than the vast majority in his idea but damn does it sometime come out of nowhere."

Blodhgarm Dethahal
8 Sins of Man
Stray Dogs.
#128 - 2012-10-26 13:59:05 UTC
Approved because I saw the word 'gas.'
XXSketchxx
Sniggerdly
Pandemic Legion
#129 - 2012-12-09 07:48:10 UTC
Bump. Thread still open and alive.
Azrael Dinn
Imperial Mechanics
#130 - 2012-12-09 09:28:42 UTC
nat longshot wrote:

Any why not?
I used mining laser II's on a gallente t3. miners seemed to work out just fine.

What I would like to see on a T3 ore ship is that with the subsystems you could change it into a hauler also. So it would be a multipurpose ship like all the T3 ships are.

I'm seeing ninja salvaging on battlefields in a t3 ore ship... yes Twisted

After centuries of debating and justifying... Break Cloaks tm

Reaver Glitterstim
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#131 - 2012-12-10 03:30:01 UTC
Azrael Dinn wrote:
nat longshot wrote:

Any why not?
I used mining laser II's on a gallente t3. miners seemed to work out just fine.

What I would like to see on a T3 ore ship is that with the subsystems you could change it into a hauler also. So it would be a multipurpose ship like all the T3 ships are.

I'm seeing ninja salvaging on battlefields in a t3 ore ship... yes Twisted

See? That's what I'm sayin' too!! T3 is MULTI-purpose! Not mining only! Industry is mining/ice/gas harvesting+hauling+exploration+salvage+archaeology/hacking+probing+mining links+fitting service.

Mars Theran
Foreign Interloper
#132 - 2012-12-10 03:41:56 UTC
44000 wrote:
nicely fleshed out idea,

it really comes into its own with the cov-ops, althought the mass reduction will **** ppl off with the whole wormholes are feeding to many minerals into the market problem!

however, the idea for gas mining is brillient, esp with the bonuses to scanning. nice work. although a bit of fine tuening needs doing. such as the 90 second delay to cloaking afeter mining lasor? it kind of negates the point of it, as ud just fit a normal cloak to a higher mining subsystem cuz ul be able to ninja better.

..and yet, if you check the mining activity in wormholes in that recent blog, you'll notice that wormholes produced more or less the same as Null, and Highsec produced more than all.

Frankly, I find this surprising; not about the wormholes, but about Null. Really, it's safe, there are lots of people with access to it, and yet it produces marginally less than wormholes.

Wormholes on the other hand, get Grav spawns once every month or two on average in my experience, and you can't mine them out because the ORE has to be stored in the POS hangars, crunched with the Rorqual, and stored in the POS hangars until you can get it out. Expect up to 2 weeks for that in a C5-C6. Not sure about the others, but they have less rsources too.

..and yet, Null, with a huge number of belts in 0.0 resource provision, produces a fraction less than that, and with 1000's more people living there, and much higher logistical capability and storage availability.

..but then, Highsec produces some 98% of the overall production and harvesting of resources. Mostly Veldspar perhaps, but still..
zubzubzubzubzubzubzubzub
Mars Theran
Foreign Interloper
#133 - 2012-12-10 03:51:05 UTC
As for the topic at hand, I find myself mildly surprised. Well put together and thought out, aside from a few unrealistic discrepancies imo. It is another T3 Cruiser however, and an Industrial one focused entirely on mining, and potentially gas mining, while basically being an alternative version of the current Tech 3 line.

What surprises me most, (albeit mildly), is the author and where he resides. Of course, it doesn't surprise me that much, and it isn't all that important. You're not getting heckled for this are you? Smile

..anyway, I think it's good, but not really needed with the recent changes to Mining Barges and Exhumers. +5000m3 per level is a lot for a Cruiser, even of the mining variety as that will potentially top 30K from what I recall of your post in my brief read of it. Some other things like a Base Hull Drone bay are odd, and I'm sure there is more.

There is also little that differentiates this from a T3 Strategic Cruiser, given the way it is set up and the potential bonuses it has. It is a very good starting point for working out the details of a Tech 3 industrial which should be about the same size of course.

Interesting at least. Smile
zubzubzubzubzubzubzubzub