These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Proposal: Hull Rigs

Author
X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#1 - 2011-10-18 15:26:26 UTC  |  Edited by: X Gallentius
Because hull tankers and sig radius tankers need some loving too.

Penalty: 10% reduction in cargo capacity. Calibration: 50

Hull Buffer: 16% increase in hull hitpoints - This number was selected because it increases the overall EHP of a hull tanked Thorax (with one damage control unit) by the same percentage as a shield tanked Rupture with CDFEs (26%). On the other end of the spectrum is the Drake which (if max tanked) has an increase of 40% EHP when fitted with three CDFEs.

Hull Streamliner: 10% decrease in ship signature radius.

This is a stealth Gallente buff. Absolute increase in EHP is less than other tanking rigs, but will allow ship to stay on field longer and will free up much needed slots for damage and e-war.
Velicitia
XS Tech
#2 - 2011-10-18 15:49:02 UTC
Calibration seems low -- you mean to put it at "150"?

In reality, along with those CCP should really add better hull reppers (IIRC T1 Meta 0 is all there is)

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#3 - 2011-10-18 15:55:57 UTC
Calibration for trimarks and cdfe's are 50, so hull rigs ought to be the same.
Velicitia
XS Tech
#4 - 2011-10-18 15:59:32 UTC
fair enough then (shows how much I use defensive rigs Cool)

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Alticus C Bear
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2011-10-18 19:20:40 UTC
Seeing as hull tanking is not catered for then I would support this. It is a nice drawback as Hull tanking would still barely be competitive.

You would need more than just the two for a whole rig set and I would suggest any resistance ones are half as effective as any armour as we all know they will be stacked with a damage control but perhaps any affecting active hull reps should be twice as effective as they are really poor modules.

My main concern is regarding the salvage they are made from, it would have to be new component’s dropping in addition to current salvage as I would not like to see rig prices for say armour pushed any higher.
X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#6 - 2011-10-18 19:54:21 UTC  |  Edited by: X Gallentius
An armor tanked Thorax (800mm, dcu2) with three trimarks goes from 17.4 to 21.9 kEP (26% increase).

26% seems to be the magic "lightly tanked" (800mm plate/LSEII+dcu2) increase from shield or armor rigs. Hull rigs would follow suit.

The proposed hull-tanked Thorax (dcu + rigs) would have the same percentage increase from 12.6 to 15.87 kEHP.

Edit: Hull reppers absolutely suck and there would need to be a complete re-work of them to make active hull repping (and therefore hull resistance rigs) viable.
X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#7 - 2011-10-24 17:23:12 UTC  |  Edited by: X Gallentius
Two more hull rigs for hull tankers:

1. Anti-alpha Rig: Max Damage to Hull = Total Hull EHP/(1+Number of Anti-alpha rigs)

Protect your frig from being "because of Machariel'ed". It would take at least four shots to die if you had three of these rigs installed.

2. Anti-blob Rig (does not apply to Capital Ships): Damage to Hull per shot = max(0,Damage - 0.001 Total Hull HP*(Number of Anti-blob Rigs) )

Protect your BS from getting eaten away by tiny ants.

So (worst case) if a Megathron Navy Issue with three of these and a total Hull HP of 57,000 could tank an infinite number of shots below 150.
A Thorax with a total Hull HP of 5722= would completely tank any shot that wasn't above 17.