These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

titan bridges and jfs are running eve.

First post
Author
Tobiaz
Spacerats
#41 - 2012-10-19 00:46:00 UTC
Andski wrote:
Tobiaz wrote:
Because before those mechanics were implemented, null wasn't the stagnant NAP-fest it is now?

A few super-coalitions keeping the rest of null culled and depopulated, boredom causing these null-bears to spend more time in empire then fighting their neighbors at home. Ironic isn't it?

Yeah nullsec is totally stagnant it's not like there's any wars going on right now

Just beause there are some wars going on, doesn't mean much actually CHANGES in null.

With all the new opportunities the players have these days, the 'ecosystem' and industry in null has hardly improved since before jump-mechanics. Most of their stuff still comes from empire.

That seems pretty stagnant to me.

Operation WRITE DOWN ALL THE THINGS!!!  Check out the list at http://bit.ly/wdatt Collecting and compiling all fixes and ideas for EVE. Looking for more editors!

The Djentleman Paulson
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#42 - 2012-10-19 00:48:27 UTC
The frig roam don't go out to kill frigs. They go out for the tiny chance of zerging down on a lost Machariel or 5B Tengu. To tackle a carrier or dread. To spot travelling supers. The pilots are new or poor or both and their situation destine them to mine and train for Drakes. But they want to do something bigger. Most of them will not kill anything worthy and will return with nothing but frig kills. But the hope of doing something above their league provides enough fun to keep them training and mining/ratting, to grow to the point when they regularly blap Tengus in their Navy Apocalypses.

If you aim for nothing but paying the bills tomorrow, you'll succeed in paying bills forever. If you aim for the stars, you'll probably fail and only reach the sky.
EI Digin
irc.zulusquad.org
#43 - 2012-10-19 00:49:15 UTC
I agree with the OP, jump freighters and titan bridges run eve and make it bearable for alliances to hold sov in deep space.

A good thread!
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#44 - 2012-10-19 00:49:53 UTC
Well let's think about this.

The nullbears whine that solo players and the highsec PVE crowd are not getting that needed interaction that this game is all about, they say.

So...

if they had to form a convoy to move goods, would that not be the all holy "interaction with the other players of EvE" that they tout and claim to be so leet over?

Oh I know, people want to have their cake and eat it too.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

EnderCapitalG
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#45 - 2012-10-19 01:02:22 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Well let's think about this.

The nullbears whine that solo players and the highsec PVE crowd are not getting that needed interaction that this game is all about, they say.

So...

if they had to form a convoy to move goods, would that not be the all holy "interaction with the other players of EvE" that they tout and claim to be so leet over?

Oh I know, people want to have their cake and eat it too.

I really don't get the point you're trying to make?

How would convoys have us interact with the highsec PVE crowd, exactly?
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#46 - 2012-10-19 01:07:44 UTC
EnderCapitalG wrote:
I really don't get the point you're trying to make?

How would convoys have us interact with the highsec PVE crowd, exactly?

hiseccer who lives in the area that does not incentivize player interaction and thus does not interact with other players voices his opinion on nullsec players not interacting with other players to a level sufficient to his liking

news at 11

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

SmilingVagrant
Doomheim
#47 - 2012-10-19 01:27:42 UTC
Tobiaz wrote:

Because before those mechanics were implemented, null wasn't the stagnant NAP-fest it is now?

A few super-coalitions keeping the rest of null culled and depopulated, boredom causing these null-bears to spend more time in empire then fighting their neighbors at home. Ironic isn't it?

You are aware Nullsec is basically on fire right now right? RIGHT?!
Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#48 - 2012-10-19 01:31:56 UTC
paying rent to all these big coalition blocs... being part of INK... arggghh
EnderCapitalG
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#49 - 2012-10-19 01:38:13 UTC
Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:
paying rent to all these big coalition blocs... being part of INK... arggghh

Renting is a dumb setup, we can all agree. How about we make nullsec actually worth something, then you can nerf titans/jf's all you want.
Touval Lysander
Zero Wine
#50 - 2012-10-19 01:43:26 UTC
EnderCapitalG wrote:
... How about we make nullsec actually worth something...

To whom?

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

Marlona Sky
State War Academy
Caldari State
#51 - 2012-10-19 01:43:46 UTC
I love everyone uses the most extreme examples in their arguments.
EnderCapitalG
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#52 - 2012-10-19 01:46:41 UTC
Touval Lysander wrote:
EnderCapitalG wrote:

To whom?

To anyone? It's pretty worthless as-is, especially as CCP continue to try and refactor any and all income against Highsec L4 missions.

The moons only help supply a Top-Down income so that alliance members want to actually go out and PvP so that they don't have to grind up a new ship if they lose one.

The income should be Bottom-Up, where those on the bottom earn enough that taxes cover anything the alliance needs.
Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#53 - 2012-10-19 01:47:53 UTC
Marlona Sky wrote:
I love everyone uses the most extreme examples in their arguments.

clearly it is the threat of a coalition 1000+ member titan bridging alarm clock op that prevents me from anchoring a pos in Outer Ring, CCP nerf titan bridging
Touval Lysander
Zero Wine
#54 - 2012-10-19 01:50:20 UTC
EnderCapitalG wrote:
Touval Lysander wrote:
EnderCapitalG wrote:

To whom?

To anyone? It's pretty worthless as-is, especially as CCP continue to try and refactor any and all income against Highsec L4 missions.

The moons only help supply a Top-Down income so that alliance members want to actually go out and PvP so that they don't have to grind up a new ship if they lose one.

The income should be Bottom-Up, where those on the bottom earn enough that taxes cover anything the alliance needs.

You know, you could just like, give the moons to the corps and ask for a errr... fee?

Then the corps can give the moons to the members and like ask for a err... fee?

Nope sorry man. It's about control, not money. Always has been.

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#55 - 2012-10-19 01:56:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Nicolo da'Vicenza
Touval Lysander wrote:

You know, you could just like, give the moons to the corps and ask for a errr... fee?

Then the corps can give the moons to the members and like ask for a err... fee?
lmfao

the Vuk Lau technetium system, we remember it well
ISD Suvetar
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#56 - 2012-10-19 01:56:47 UTC
Hi,

I'm sorry about this but as the OP has very little in the way of actual detail and the discussion has descended into a big mess, I've got no option but to lock it.

If you honestly believe this is a valid argument, please feel free to repost this in Features and Ideas discussion, but also provide some evidence, some facts supporting the evidence and what you'd like to see changed and how you might change it.

Lastly, offering a reason why you think it's wrong other than a blanket "this is fact" will go a long way to promoting your idea as a serious topic.

Thanks and fly safe!

[b]ISD Suvetar Captain/Commando Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs) Interstellar Services Department[/b]

Previous page123