These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Blue bubbles, no troubles.

Author
Tobiaz
Spacerats
#21 - 2012-10-18 23:53:21 UTC
If you have incompetent dictors in your fleet laying bubbles in the wrong places, who's fault is that?

Hint: not CCP

Operation WRITE DOWN ALL THE THINGS!!!  Check out the list at http://bit.ly/wdatt Collecting and compiling all fixes and ideas for EVE. Looking for more editors!

SmilingVagrant
Doomheim
#22 - 2012-10-19 00:10:37 UTC
As a dictor pilot my mission is to drop bubbles and assist in the destruction of a fleet.

If it's an enemy fleet I call that a happy coincidence.
Touval Lysander
Zero Wine
#23 - 2012-10-19 00:16:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Touval Lysander
Tobiaz wrote:
If you have incompetent dictors in your fleet laying bubbles in the wrong places, who's fault is that?

Actually, I don't recall any blame game in this thread. Must be getting a bit common in the threads you read perhaps?

Trying to see if it'd be more fun. 'Cos getting caught in your own bubble is not fun and Eve is supposed to be about fun.

Isn't it? Fun? Supposed to be? Nah?

PS: It's a throwaway.

Transcript:

FC>> After we jump, we'll warp off, get that bubble UP.
HIC>> roger that
Fleet>> Jump?
FC>> NO, I'm talking about when the bubble goes up. After we jump.
Fleet>> Jumping....
HIC>> Bubbles UP
FC>> Bubbles UP?
HIC>> Yes.
FC>> wtf!!?
HIC>> You said bubble goes up after we jump.
Straggler>> Do I jump yet?
FC>> ffs, of course.
FC>> ok, fleet, take fleet warp to nearest celestial
Fleet>> we can't
FC>> Bubble DOWN ffs
HIC>> 20 seconds left
Straggler>> err... FC, just as I jumped saw big red fleet
FC>> &^%$ **&& 6^%%^^&*9 - burn burn burn!!!!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

Wacktopia
Fleet-Up.com
Keep It Simple Software Group
#24 - 2012-10-19 00:21:40 UTC
Touval Lysander wrote:
over eager blue bubblers trapping you at your own gate.

Working as intended, imo.

Kitchen sink? Seriousy, get your ship together -  Fleet-Up.com

Lugia3
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2012-10-19 00:23:51 UTC
Give the owners of the anchored bubble the option to toggle certain people/colortags to pass through and warp as normal. Could toggle it wartarget only, reds only, everyone, all but fleet, all but blues, or even only blues. Pretty much a checklist and entity search function in an option window for the bubble.

"CCP Dolan is full of shit." - CCP Bettik

Touval Lysander
Zero Wine
#26 - 2012-10-19 00:26:05 UTC
Lugia3 wrote:
Give the owners of the anchored bubble the option to toggle certain people/colortags to pass through and warp as normal. Could toggle it wartarget only, reds only, everyone, all but fleet, all but blues, or even only blues. Pretty much a checklist and entity search function in an option window for the bubble.

Dude, They only got one job with one button and they **** it up. You wanna give 'em 2 options???

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

Lugia3
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2012-10-19 00:40:02 UTC
Touval Lysander wrote:
Lugia3 wrote:

Dude, They only got one job with one button and they **** it up. You wanna give 'em 2 options???

Naw, more than 2!

Doesn't matter if they mess up if the bubble still won't effect you... that is until you get the ****** in your fleet who insists on bringing a drake, drops bubbles every 5 minutes for no reason, and can't figure out how to configure the bubble.

"CCP Dolan is full of shit." - CCP Bettik

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#28 - 2012-10-19 04:26:53 UTC
I'm sorry, but that makes things just a bit too tame... and yes it would lead to tactics being employed that would be even less fun that the occasional excitement of being snagged in a blue bubble.

Save for bombs, smart bombs, and bubbles there is no such thing as friendly fire in EVE... which while necessary due to technical reasons is still a shame. If friendly fire were possible, it would probably do more to break up the blob than anything else suggested so far.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

S'Way
State War Academy
Caldari State
#29 - 2012-10-19 04:41:22 UTC
You'd ruin half the fun of 0.0 in some alliances if bubbles didn't catch blues.
I've often seen corp-mates having fun popping people for bubbling their own station (and not telling the logistics guys trying to dock in a jf), or just bubbling their fleet travelling home after an op to annoy the fc.
Arduemont
Rotten Legion
#30 - 2012-10-19 04:55:41 UTC
Although I regularly deal with bubbles, more blue than anything else, I think bubbles need to work on friendlies aswell if its to stay balanced..

No to "friendly proof" bubbles.

"In the age of information, ignorance is a choice." www.stateofwar.co.nf

TheSkeptic
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#31 - 2012-10-19 07:50:16 UTC
Touval Lysander wrote:
Tobiaz wrote:

Actually, I don't recall any blame game in this thread. Must be getting a bit common in the threads you read perhaps?

Trying to see if it'd be more fun. 'Cos getting caught in your own bubble is not fun and Eve is supposed to be about fun.

Isn't it? Fun? Supposed to be? Nah?

PS: It's a throwaway.

Transcript:

HIC>> roger that
Fleet>> Jump?
FC>> NO, I'm talking about when the bubble goes up. After we jump.
Fleet>> Jumping....
HIC>> Bubbles UP
FC>> Bubbles UP?
HIC>> Yes.
FC>> wtf!!?
HIC>> You said bubble goes up after we jump.
Straggler>> Do I jump yet?
FC>> ffs, of course.
FC>> ok, fleet, take fleet warp to nearest celestial
Fleet>> we can't
FC>> Bubble DOWN ffs
HIC>> 20 seconds left
Straggler>> err... FC, just as I jumped saw big red fleet
FC>> &^%$ **&& 6^%%^^&*9 - burn burn burn!!!!

Honestly, if you can't get this right try flying an inty instead... dictors just aren't for you.

Also
Quote:

This is a dead give away to watch your screen and bubble up AFTER your fleet gets off the gate

Get better, instead of asking for the game to be changed to account for you badness at it.

If you don't want to get caught in your own bubble, don't bubble.

PS:
Dear CCP: please give my shuttle an Area of effect doomsday so I can kill those low-sec gate campers

tl;dr:

hic/dic bubbles are great and working as intended

Samoth Egnoled
Caldari Provisions
#32 - 2012-10-19 07:52:23 UTC
It used to be that way years ago, but ccp changed it.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#33 - 2012-10-19 09:41:58 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Touval Lysander wrote:
what?
By your own words: “over eager blue bubblers trapping you at your own gate”.

You own the gate. This means you have prepared warp-ins that don't align with anything so you can bypass any bubbles on it unless the bubble is placed in such a way that it won't stop anyone. If it's a bubble right on top of the gate, you just have to scoot 25km anyway so get scooting (and call in some waste removal)… and as others have mentioned, ensure that the poor fellow has a “training accident” the next time you meet.

Increase limit on corporate bookmarks and we should be good. There's no reason to limit corporate BMs to 250.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Doddy
Excidium.
#34 - 2012-10-19 09:49:11 UTC
Bubble mechanics are pretty great tbh, dumbing them down is unnecessary. It will also be used to make running away from fights even easier so is a bad thing. For example sit a dictor on the out gate so if you need to beat a hasty exit he can bubble, your fleet flies through it, enemy gets stuck, no pew pew. Currently you can do this but it requires some timing/communication and will get stragglers killed. The ops way is easy mode for everyone. It also boosts bombers that don't really need boosted
Sarah Schneider
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#35 - 2012-10-19 10:40:22 UTC
Working as intended.

"I'd rather have other players get shot by other players than not interacting with others" -CCP Soundwave

Schalac
Apocalypse Reign
#36 - 2012-10-19 10:45:40 UTC
We also need to make it so that bombs and SBs don't hit anyone in your fleet.

SCHALAC HAS SPOKEN!! http://eveboard.com/pilot/Schalac

Lin-Young Borovskova
Doomheim
#37 - 2012-10-19 11:29:48 UTC
Tippia wrote:
No.

It's a known bubble in friendly space. Just use your prepared off-axis warp-ins.

What he said.

brb

lanyaie
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#38 - 2012-10-19 11:36:09 UTC
Eve isn't meant to be a walk in the park, it's supposed to be like climbing a mountain with a broken hand sadly ccp fixed your hand so let's not dumb it down even more.

Spaceprincess

People who put passwords on char bazaar Eveboards are the worst.

The Djentleman Paulson
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#39 - 2012-10-19 13:49:08 UTC
ITS NOT FUN IF I CANT GET BLUES STUCK IN MY BUBBLES

LOL OH YOU WELPED A FLEET THREE JUMPS AHEAD OF THE GATECAMP AND YOU'RE RUNNING IN PODS? HOPE YOUR CLONES ARE UP TO DATE!
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#40 - 2012-10-19 13:57:28 UTC
Samoth Egnoled wrote:
It used to be that way years ago, but ccp changed it.

Ahhhh, no.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Previous page123Next page