These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

Blue bubbles, no troubles.

Author
Touval Lysander
Zero Wine
#1 - 2012-10-18 22:07:53 UTC
Chucking this one out there.

We know it's possible, we can do it with T3's.

We know it can be a problem, over eager blue bubblers trapping you at your own gate.

Or some dufus planting one at 100k off and not telling anyone - you bait and drag someone, they chase and you land in the bubble, along with the baited and get blapped.

Blue bubbles? Ignore - I'm blue. (like an inbuilt FoF system on-ship or on-bubble)

This be good for changing up the pitch?

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2012-10-18 22:09:14 UTC
As someone that has dropped a bubble on a friendly fleet by accident I approve this message.

Boy did I get yelled at P

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Jim Era
#3 - 2012-10-18 22:09:16 UTC
Why not make it easier
Its just a pain in the ass when it happens.

Wat™

Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2012-10-18 22:10:04 UTC
but jumping someone on their alliance's own bubble is fun
Touval Lysander
Zero Wine
#5 - 2012-10-18 22:12:53 UTC
Surfin's PlunderBunny wrote:
As someone that has dropped a bubble on a friendly fleet by accident I approve this message.

Boy did I get yelled at P

Yelled at. Lucky you.

I got "Primary is......"

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

Touval Lysander
Zero Wine
#6 - 2012-10-18 22:13:41 UTC
Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:
but jumping someone on their alliance's own bubble is fun

No it's not.

Soi Mala
Whacky Waving Inflatable Flailing Arm Tubemen
#7 - 2012-10-18 22:23:26 UTC
So you're chasing someone through your own space, they get pulled to a bubble 100km away, you don't, they get away. :thumbsup:
Touval Lysander
Zero Wine
#8 - 2012-10-18 22:32:01 UTC
Soi Mala wrote:
So you're chasing someone through your own space, they get pulled to a bubble 100km away, you don't, they get away. :thumbsup:

Errr.... If I know the bubble is there and they don't, where's my fleet?

The scenario above only occurs when some dufus puts one up on the chase without telling anyone and you're trying to drag the baddies with you.

But yeh, good point, it doesn't happen often, they would/should have tacticals off the line anyway.

Spurty
#9 - 2012-10-18 22:35:43 UTC
No. Abuse of this would be rampant.

Put all your titans inside eleventy hundred and five blue bubbles. LOLZ @ anyone trying to come at you.

That wasn't even trying to think up an abuse of this. So many more bad reasons why just "No".

There are good ships,

And wood ships,

And ships that sail the sea

But the best ships are Spaceships

Built by CCP

Touval Lysander
Zero Wine
#10 - 2012-10-18 22:40:59 UTC
Spurty wrote:
No. Abuse of this would be rampant.

Put all your titans inside eleventy hundred and five blue bubbles. LOLZ @ anyone trying to come at you.

That wasn't even trying to think up an abuse of this. So many more bad reasons why just "No".

Stationary Titan inside a blue bubble - bad? Like a spider in a sticky web for all the little insects. Spider can still move no problem.

Roll Sizzle Beef
Space Mutiny
#11 - 2012-10-18 22:42:03 UTC
Not being effect by your own teams traps truly dumbs the game down more so than any industrial buff could. Why must friendlies get hit by smartbombs? Lets turn off friendly fire. Wouldn't want someone to mess up their team on purpose in eve now would we?
Touval Lysander
Zero Wine
#12 - 2012-10-18 22:48:51 UTC
Roll Sizzle Beef wrote:
Not being effect by your own teams traps truly dumbs the game down more so than any industrial buff could. Why must friendlies get hit by smartbombs? Lets turn off friendly fire. Wouldn't want someone to mess up their team on purpose in eve now would we?

Awox in disguise?

No wonder you hide your face.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#13 - 2012-10-18 22:54:11 UTC
No.

It's a known bubble in friendly space. Just use your prepared off-axis warp-ins.
Touval Lysander
Zero Wine
#14 - 2012-10-18 23:01:41 UTC
Tippia wrote:
No.

It's a known bubble in friendly space. Just use your prepared off-axis warp-ins.

what?

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#15 - 2012-10-18 23:28:25 UTC
Touval Lysander wrote:
what?
By your own words: “over eager blue bubblers trapping you at your own gate”.

You own the gate. This means you have prepared warp-ins that don't align with anything so you can bypass any bubbles on it unless the bubble is placed in such a way that it won't stop anyone. If it's a bubble right on top of the gate, you just have to scoot 25km anyway so get scooting (and call in some waste removal)… and as others have mentioned, ensure that the poor fellow has a “training accident” the next time you meet.
Touval Lysander
Zero Wine
#16 - 2012-10-18 23:30:36 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Touval Lysander wrote:
what?
By your own words: “over eager blue bubblers trapping you at your own gate”.

You own the gate. This means you have prepared warp-ins that don't align with anything so you can bypass any bubbles on it unless the bubble is placed in such a way that it won't stop anyone. If it's a bubble right on top of the gate, you just have to scoot 25km anyway so get scooting (and call in some waste removal)… and as others have mentioned, ensure that the poor fellow has a “training accident” the next time you meet.

You ever been trapped by an over-eager blue HIC on outbound?

Adeleda Adoudel
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#17 - 2012-10-18 23:34:18 UTC
No. I like it the way it is. Even though I've died countless times to blue bubbles, each time I do I get smarter and know to go to celestial and scan.

Lets not make Eve easier than it already is. :)
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#18 - 2012-10-18 23:35:56 UTC
Touval Lysander wrote:
You ever been trapped by an over-eager blue HIC on outbound?
Only if I count myself. Bear
Abdiel Kavash
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#19 - 2012-10-18 23:44:03 UTC
No.

Why?

There would be no reason to shoot over eager blue bubblers then.
Touval Lysander
Zero Wine
#20 - 2012-10-18 23:51:58 UTC
Abdiel Kavash wrote:
No.

Why?

There would be no reason to shoot over eager blue bubblers then.

But Sir, my sword..... my beautiful sword...

123Next page