These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Making research slots availible to outsiders

Author
Nad'x Hapax
Hapaxa
#1 - 2012-10-18 09:38:57 UTC
Like my topic states Im wondering if there is a way to make pos research slots available to outsiders.
Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#2 - 2012-10-18 09:49:21 UTC
Nope.

Best you can do is advertise research services, where people contract the BPO to you for a deposit (probably npc value) and you research it, before contracting it back.

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

Nad'x Hapax
Hapaxa
#3 - 2012-10-18 11:25:22 UTC
So what u are saying is that Ill have to quit my current corp to use the labs in my alts corp?
Jack Mayhem
Kaer Industries
#4 - 2012-10-18 11:35:31 UTC
Nad'x Hapax wrote:
So what u are saying is that Ill have to quit my current corp to use the labs in my alts corp?

Yes.
Dasola
New Edens Freeports
#5 - 2012-10-18 13:57:41 UTC
Theres is way, limited but still...

Alliance, your corporation has to be in alliance and you can open ME and PE research to alliance members and only those slots.

Why? Becouse anything that requires materials, requires access to structures at pos. And acess to put materials cant be granted to outsiders of corp.. So remote research from corporate office in same system as POS.

This is how those elusive research alliances works as well..

And maybe, just maybe CCP will eventually fix POSes and underlaying code that runs them and we can finally see bossibility to open slots to general public. Current POS code seems to be mess that all eve devs try their best to avoid and spend their time for useless things like new targeting indicators..

We are Minmatar, Our ship are made of scraps, but look what our scraps can do...

Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#6 - 2012-10-18 14:03:08 UTC
Dasola wrote:

Alliance, your corporation has to be in alliance and you can open ME and PE research to alliance members and only those slots.

Why? Becouse anything that requires materials, requires access to structures at pos. And acess to put materials cant be granted to outsiders of corp.. So remote research from corporate office in same system as POS.

And maybe, just maybe CCP will eventually fix POSes and underlaying code that runs them and we can finally see bossibility to open slots to general public. Current POS code seems to be mess that all eve devs try their best to avoid and spend their time for useless things like new targeting indicators..

Updating the pos code is on the cards.

It's just a shedload of work, because it's a big ball of, umm, mud.

Stuff has just been stuck on, then more stuck on. then more stuck on.

Hence why they won't do minor updates, as it's likely to crash and burn.

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

Gaktern Flagg
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#7 - 2012-10-18 20:47:53 UTC
Steve Ronuken wrote:
Dasola wrote:

Updating the pos code is on the cards.

It's just a shedload of work, because it's a big ball of, umm, mud.

Stuff has just been stuck on, then more stuck on. then more stuck on.

Hence why they won't do minor updates, as it's likely to crash and burn.

POSes are not the only problem though. The game has plenty of small problems that could be fixed in a day, if not an hour or two. I don't see why they can't devote a few people to fixing small bugs/weird things/stupid things.

Tons of examples:
Here and Here
Ireland VonVicious
Vicious Trading Company
#8 - 2012-10-20 05:11:27 UTC
I'd just be happy if they added a permission that allowed a corp member to start a research job without ability to cancel jobs.
Scrapyard Bob
EVE University
Ivy League
#9 - 2012-10-20 05:36:40 UTC
Ireland VonVicious wrote:
I'd just be happy if they added a permission that allowed a corp member to start a research job without ability to cancel jobs.

Top on my wish list as well.

I think one of the big roadblocks for "why can't we rent POS research out to the public" is the trust issue. How do you handle the following situations:

- Someone from the public queues up a 30 day job, then the tower gets destroyed?

What's fair? How can it be designed in a way that it wouldn't be horribly abused in other ways?
Skorpynekomimi
#10 - 2012-10-20 13:01:21 UTC
Nad'x Hapax wrote:

Your alt can't use the slots themselves with BPOs contracted to them by you?

Economic PVP

Denal Umbra
Coffee Hub
#11 - 2012-10-20 15:37:05 UTC
You could roll a few 'buddy invite' acocunts and get research5, science5, metallurgy5, adv lap op 4 on them. Takes about a month and when their 'complete', transfer them over to the alts account. Or if you just go for lvl4's then less than a week?

1-2 research capable alts in the 'alt corp' is more than enough unless you change over to a permanent bpc producing system.