These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

How are you set up?

Author
Casirio
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#41 - 2012-10-17 16:44:19 UTC
I play eve on my laptop, and have my xbox 360 on the big screen. I refuse to buy a ps3, deal with it
Raptros
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#42 - 2012-10-17 16:48:30 UTC
I have my PC in my bedroom, with my 360 hooked to to my medium sized LCD/HD display on the opposite wall (about 32"). Downstairs are 2 more PCs and a laptop (other family computers). I also have a 42'' LED TV downstairs in the living room hooked up to a blueray player. My brother also has a mac book pro.
Mara Pahrdi
The Order of Anoyia
#43 - 2012-10-17 17:22:21 UTC
Single atm, 48, no kids, small appartment. No TV.

Gaming laptop, low cost PC as backup, 2 Screens (24", 27").

Not even any real idea what a console is good for. Never had one and unlikely to ever buy one. Do you need a TV to run a console?

384 kBit/s super low speed dsl connection. Eagerly awaiting the 50 MBit connection scheduled by the provider for early next year. A new age is coming...

Remove standings and insurance.

Il Feytid
State War Academy
Caldari State
#44 - 2012-10-17 17:33:07 UTC
There is a small statue on a bookcase that I tilt and WHOOOOOOSH!!! The bookcase slides over and the entrance to my secret gaming lair is revealed.
DownTwisTeD
Doomheim
#45 - 2012-10-17 17:35:54 UTC
This is a big thing to wont in eve but I would rather them to have added a mech style to eve as I mean to invent mech warfare like MechCommander for planet system warfare.. I hope the game works for them but I think people are burnt out on shooters these days..
DownTwisTeD
Doomheim
#46 - 2012-10-17 17:59:47 UTC
I should add everything we do in a ship we can do in a eve mech in a planet system environment .

exact way..Shocked
Xercodo
Cruor Angelicus
#47 - 2012-10-17 18:08:15 UTC
Tul Breetai wrote:
9 kids, keep them in the closet. Wife is chained up in the bedroom/kitchen I built, or as I like to call it, The Bitchen. EVE follows me in the form of a laptop, so I can play Dust wherever the hell I want, as long as it's in the living room.

Disclaimer: I'm a student in a flat with 2 roomies and a gf. No problems here.

Normally this "wife should be int he kitchen" thing is untasteful and gets old fast but the The Bitchen is just gold xD Lol

The Drake is a Lie

Zixie Draco
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#48 - 2012-10-17 19:24:43 UTC
Xercodo wrote:
Tul Breetai wrote:
9 kids, keep them in the closet. Wife is chained up in the bedroom/kitchen I built, or as I like to call it, The Bitchen. EVE follows me in the form of a laptop, so I can play Dust wherever the hell I want, as long as it's in the living room.

Disclaimer: I'm a student in a flat with 2 roomies and a gf. No problems here.

Normally this "wife should be int he kitchen" thing is untasteful and gets old fast but the The Bitchen is just gold xD Lol

aww Xerc...now look at yourself! You're terrible. Blink

Would you like a kitten?

Zixie Draco
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#49 - 2012-10-17 19:25:33 UTC
DownTwisTeD wrote:
This is a big thing to wont in eve but I would rather them to have added a mech style to eve as I mean to invent mech warfare like MechCommander for planet system warfare.. I hope the game works for them but I think people are burnt out on shooters these days..

wat

Would you like a kitten?

psycho freak
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#50 - 2012-10-17 19:38:56 UTC  |  Edited by: psycho freak
I av sweet set up

im 35 have 4 kids and work sweet shifts 2days 2nights 4 days off so plenty of time

i have my own gameing room gameing pc duel screen to the right i have 42inch tv with xbox 360/ps3 and a wii

my 5 year old plays the consoles more than i do i tend to just watch films on them while farming fw

so all in all im well happy with my set up

my spelling sux brb find phone number for someone who gives a fu*k

nop cant find it

Lord Ryan
True Xero
#51 - 2012-10-17 19:39:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Lord Ryan
Zixie Draco wrote:
DownTwisTeD wrote:

wat

This is a big thing to wont in eve
I really want this in Eve

but I would rather them to have added a mech style to eve
I want Gundum Style in Eve.

as I mean to invent mech warfare like MechCommander for planet system warfare..
I am The Creator all should kneel before me.

I hope the game works for them but I think people are burnt out on shooters these days..
I hope this works but too console user are also substance abusers.

Do not assume anything above this line was typed by me. Nerf the Truth, it's inconvenient.

Dessau
The Scope
#52 - 2012-10-17 19:59:48 UTC
Single dad with teenage daughter, full-time job and full-time student. The living room doubles as the study, where we both do our schoolwork. 1 laptop each, and a 360 hooked up to a 27" LCD. No DATV/Cable, just Netflix.
Zixie Draco
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#53 - 2012-10-18 00:26:54 UTC
Lord Ryan wrote:
Zixie Draco wrote:
DownTwisTeD wrote:

wat

This is a big thing to wont in eve
I really want this in Eve

but I would rather them to have added a mech style to eve
I want Gundum Style in Eve.

as I mean to invent mech warfare like MechCommander for planet system warfare..
I am The Creator all should kneel before me.

I hope the game works for them but I think people are burnt out on shooters these days..
I hope this works but too console user are also substance abusers.

..I lol'd ...you're my new best friend Big smile

Would you like a kitten?

Zixie Draco
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#54 - 2012-10-18 00:28:22 UTC
Dessau wrote:
Single dad with teenage daughter, full-time job and full-time student. The living room doubles as the study, where we both do our schoolwork. 1 laptop each, and a 360 hooked up to a 27" LCD. No DATV/Cable, just Netflix.

nb4 some asshat "wonts" your daughter Cry ...be careful friend

Would you like a kitten?

Karl Hobb
Imperial Margarine
#55 - 2012-10-18 00:37:44 UTC
36, married with a 6-month old, computer's in the office room. Ain't no ******* way I'm buying a PS3. For one, I'm a PC gamer and for two, money. Pretty soon I'll be getting a new laptop with gaming video; this piece of hardware is infinitely more useful than a PS3 in part because I'm a developer.

I can expect to get about one or two hours to myself on the four weeknights that my wife is working where my daughter has gone to sleep, and on the occasional Saturday, which I generally split up between games (right now KSP, FTL, and Minecraft) but mostly try to find something to do in EVE.

/sob story

A professional astro-bastard was not available so they sent me.

Krakhen
Praetors of Orpheus
#56 - 2012-10-18 05:45:58 UTC
41, no kids. Been working in the video game industry for the last 15 years. I also own a LAN center with 35 machines. I play on a new computer with every graphic settings dialed to 11 on a 46'' plasma.Cool
Kalen Vox
Veyr
The Veyr Collective
#57 - 2012-10-18 09:27:21 UTC
My initial thought is that the point of releasing DUST on console is to diversify into a separate market to EVE. It gives CCP a better resilience against unforseen changes in the market than investing solely in the PC market.

So I don't think they are really looking to draw people from DUST to EVE.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#58 - 2012-10-18 09:31:37 UTC
Marlona Sky wrote:
There is a small statue on a bookcase that I tilt and WHOOOOOOSH!!! The bookcase slides over and the entrance to my secret gaming lair is revealed.

You fool! Statues are far too obvious and just call out for being handled and twisted. You should connect it to the handle of the duster casually leaning against the bookcase.
Barrak
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#59 - 2012-10-18 11:06:38 UTC
Kalen Vox wrote:
My initial thought is that the point of releasing DUST on console is to diversify into a separate market to EVE. It gives CCP a better resilience against unforseen changes in the market than investing solely in the PC market.

So I don't think they are really looking to draw people from DUST to EVE.

This is my view..... however, as I mentioned, others disagree.

The reason behind the thread, and it seems to be a 50/50, was to establish the setup pattern of Consoles vs PC
Optimo Sebiestor
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#60 - 2012-10-18 11:25:14 UTC
<-- laughs every time a xbox dude say he will never buy a ps3.. Noone cares ^.^