These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

A Mission Runner's Selling Habits

Author
Maxpie
MUSE LLP
#21 - 2012-10-17 18:25:13 UTC
I refine everything <100k in value and dump the rest in a container. Every once in a while (maybe every month or 2), I take it to a trade hub and put up sell orders. I babysit the sell orders to give me something to do while I run missions, travel, etc.

No good deed goes unpunished

Raiko Osburn
Advanced Resource Acquisition and Exploration
#22 - 2012-10-19 08:01:51 UTC
I sell everything in trade hubs. Even ammo. But I stockpile loot and salvage for quite a long time before I go to sell it so even cheapest ammo stack is worth over 200k ISK. No need to rush.

Forget numbers, play with ideas, look for solutions.

Lilan Kahn
The Littlest Hobos
The Whale Hunters Association
#23 - 2012-10-19 16:15:34 UTC
perfect refine, so its ctrl a refine.
Moondancer Starweaver
Port Jackson Shipyards
Minmatar Fleet Associates
#24 - 2012-10-19 20:40:46 UTC
Bugsy VanHalen wrote:
[

personally I only run missions to raise isk. So isk per hour is my primary driver. To me mission running is almost as boring as mining. There is very little challenge to it.The point of playing an MMO is the community interaction. If you play an MMO as you would a solo single player game you are defeating the purpose. There are many single player games out there that are far more fun than solo missioning that do not require a monthly fee. In an MMO you are paying for the community interaction, It seems very pointless if you are going to ignore the primary focus of the game.

Running missions solo doesn't prevent you from interacting with the community in anyway. For me its the time i am most interacting because i do not have to pay as close as attention as i do in most other activities in the game, traveling, PVP etc.
Voxinian
#25 - 2012-10-21 12:10:46 UTC
Tao Dolcino wrote:
But it doesn't change the time you need to harvest all these treasures.
For my part, i just live on the bounties (and the rewards), i turn the wrecks on "free for all" and don't touch them.
I don't know if i lose money and i don't really care, for i get enough money for my needs and i don't force myself to do something i don't like.

You are missing out on a lot of isk's without looting. With a lot of missions the loot is worth as much (or more) as the bounties and reward. In a noctis looting goes pretty fast so it's a small effort.

My personal tactics:
- Only do L4 missions (with maxed relevant social skills to boost lp's, security gain and reward payout).
- Don't refine anything.
- Stack up till I have a big pile of everything (saving up for a month or so)
- Sell the cheap T1 stuff in newbie systems just below market average (sells fast there)
- The higher meta items I sell wherever I am doing missions at
- All looted ammo I convert to faction ammo and sell it or use it.

I am not even sure if refining the cheap stuff would make more isk's, but I suspect it wont make a huge difference.

Tao Dolcino
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#26 - 2012-10-21 17:13:18 UTC
You are very right, but i simply don't like to do loot/salvage, so as long as i get enough money for my needs, i prefer to have more fun :)
I was not saying that looting/salvaging is bad, i just wanted to say that some players don't loot/salvage, and that's fine too ;)
After all i give a chance to the professionnal salvagers to earn their life too ;)
Musashi Date
#27 - 2012-10-21 18:12:34 UTC
There's actually no right or wrong way, if the way you do it is satisfactory for you, well then that's the best way.. so it's a good thing blitzing thru missions are enough for your needs.
addelee
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#28 - 2012-10-22 00:09:18 UTC
I pretty much sell anything worth over 500k and then store the rest.
Once a week (or thereabouts) I'll pass the stuff over to an alt who has 99% refining and reprocess the whole lot.
Generally speaking, I'll save the minerals to build something I want to fly so for me, both my navy raven and apoc came from minerals from looting.

Ammo I generally keep regardless of type. If I don't use it, I switch agents fairly regularly and will convert the bog standard ammo into faction ammo using LP points. That's normally when I sell the stuff.

I salvage every site with an alt as they have maxed out salvage skills therefore it doesn't take long. I've found the profit in building rigs is next to nothing therefore have a tendancy of selling the whole lot unless I specifically need a rig myself.
John Ratcliffe
Tradors'R'us
IChooseYou Alliance
#29 - 2012-10-22 11:36:59 UTC
RavenPaine wrote:
When I ran missions a lot, I would save loot until the storyline popped up. Then take 15 missions worth of loot to Jita and quick sell it. I was never concerned about the 5% or whatever. I just wanted to get the stuff gone and start over.

This is the way to do it IMHO.

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

mama guru
Yazatas.
#30 - 2012-10-22 16:00:13 UTC
Nowadays I just blitz missions, I used to loot and salvage on my vargur. But after getting a Tengu alt I just zap through the missions, alot less logistics involved and I noticed an effective increase in daily income due to MUCH higher rate of missions done per hour.

EVE online is the fishermans friend of MMO's. If it's too hard you are too weak.

Aeril Malkyre
Knights of the Ouroboros
#31 - 2012-11-01 15:57:35 UTC
Let a couple mission's worth accrue, keep any Meta 4 in station, haul the rest to the hub. Sell the big items and anything in the green. Anything in the red worth <100K I don't even bother posting. Those and anything at all <10K is immediately reprocessed. Haul the minerals back to station to store until I need to build ammo for my Mach. Which is often.
Dazz Riiiiiiight
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#32 - 2012-11-02 15:13:47 UTC
i do not even pick up rat loot in missions.
go in
zerg mission
cash in
repeat
Musashi Date
#33 - 2012-11-02 15:44:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Musashi Date
Alliria Seedspawn wrote:
You utilize the services of Pro Synergy of course, and let us do it for you!!

Honestly at first, I didn't know what the lady was talking about (I mean just look at the post..) but Pro Synergy is a group of like minded salvagers that will do your salvaging for you. You just basically bookmark and contract them, and you get paid.. erm.. wait lemme drag her back here.

..and no, I don't make use of their services. It's just food for thought for the people who regularly leave all that loot behind..

edit: sigh...
Quote:

Hi Musashi!

I will most certainly further explain Pro Synergy for you. Pro Synergy is a corporation centered around providing looting and salvaging services to it's customers. Here's how it works...

1. You run a mission near one of our hubs, and abandon all wrecks and cans in every room of your mission. You also bookmark every room of your mission.

2. Turn the mission in.

3. AFTER turning in the mission, you contract the bookmarks via an item exchange contract to Pro Synergy (the corporation). It's very important that this done after the mission has been turned in, as Pro Synergy will be sending out a defenseless Noctis to clean it up, and the Noctis will draw aggro from the mission rats. This will prevent them from cleaning up the site, which will prevent everyone from being paid for that mission.

4. A Pro Synergy salvager will accept the contract and go clean up each room, taking all legal items, and leaving behind all illegal items.

5. The estimated amount recovered from your bookmarks, according to the in game estimator, determines how many points you receive on an internal spreadsheet that's used to keep track of everyone's contributions.

6. All loot and salvage is thrown in with all the loot and salvage from all of our customers. It all goes to the same spot. Every week, one sorry soul has to sift through it all and determine what to reprocess and sell, and what to sell outright. I believe they use active buy orders at the nearest trade hub so they don't have to mess with creating and maintaining sell orders. This way provides quicker isk turnaround for all involved.

7. Pro Synergy takes 10% off the top to pay for corporation bills, and also to pay the person that did all the work of sifting through the thousands of items and determining what to do with it all.

8. 45% is paid to the salvagers that did the work of collecting all of the loot and salvage, and 45% is paid to the customer who did the work of creating the wrecks.

Mr. Melek D'Ivri will be better able to answer any further questions you may have, as he is much more involved with Pro Synergy than I am. He has been included on this eve mail.

Please don't hesitate to evemail or convo either one of us, and please be sure to stop by the public channel of (I think) "Pro Synergy". I think that's the name of the channel, but I'm not logged into game to be sure at the moment (Eve Gate).

Thanks for your interest in Pro Synergy!

-Seed
Salpad
Carebears with Attitude
#34 - 2012-11-02 23:01:45 UTC
I stopped running combat missions about a year ago, but up until then, I used the (then new) sort-by-meta-level feature. I'd haul my stuff to Jita 4-4 (where I have perfect refine for ore, although not quite perfect for reprocessing). I'd reprocess everything that was meta level 0-2, put everything meta level 4 up for Sell Orders (as well as all salvage items), and then make up my mind on a case-by-case basis as to what to do with meta 3 items. Then I'd sell the minerals from the reprocessing.

Keep in mind, this was a year ago, before the new filters and the feature that you can see average in-game values of items when you mouse over them (and apparently also sort by value this way - I did not know that).
EvEa Deva
Doomheim
#35 - 2012-11-03 03:44:34 UTC
I keep meta 4s ( the good ones ) refine the junk, sometimes i sell salvage sometimes i make rigs, and use the LP to make ammo or make faction ships.
Boomhaur
#36 - 2012-11-05 05:52:55 UTC
I rarely loot now days but when I do it's only the valuable stuff while I am doing the mission. But I generally sold that and kept the rest of the loot, it's nice to have a large stockpile modules for that off the wall fit you want to test out, or setup a quick ship to do some pew pew or something.

Welcome to Eve. Everyone here is an Evil Sick Sadistic Bastard who is out to get you. Anyone who tells you otherwise is either trying to scam you or use you.

Musashi Date
#37 - 2012-11-06 10:57:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Musashi Date
CCP Eterne's reply for Insignias/Tags uses.

CCP Eterne wrote:
This depends on which type of dog tag you have.

Many of the LP Store offers ask for dog tags in addition to LP and ISK. You can also sell Empire dog tags to their enemy factions for ISK. Some pirate dog tags can be traded in to certain Agents in Space in exchange for standings boosts, or to some COSMOS agents in exchange for faction ships (supposing you have the requisite faction standing).

Some dog tags are useless, however, such as the dog tags of named pirates (such as Olufemi).

Last time I smashed my tags piggy bank, I managed to raise ~300M in sell orders. The most expensive ones in my experience are empire faction ones (Federation, Republic, etc.).
Kaomi Zorbaz
Claint Industries
#38 - 2012-11-06 17:47:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Kaomi Zorbaz
I used to salvage most everything. Now I only do the BS heavy missions. The salvage\loot I grab is refined and sold on the market.
Lord Okinaba
Aliastra
#39 - 2012-11-07 01:10:37 UTC
People loot their mission? Shocked
Threshner
#40 - 2012-11-07 01:56:57 UTC
I mission in a nightmare so i loot and salvage every BR or Sansha mission i get. You never know when you will get a get 5 gurista missions in a row like i just did .....
Previous page123Next page