These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Dev blog: Chat changes

First post First post
Author
Celgar Thurn
Department 10
#81 - 2012-10-16 16:46:40 UTC
Spugg Galdon wrote:
Alx Warlord wrote:
CCP Explorer wrote:
Oxandrolone wrote:
3rd

Although this is part of the Eve-Dust intergration its nice you thought of eve players and updated our channels a bit, nice to see we can highlight our own text :)

Is there any plans to remove local being on immediate mode in nullsec or possibly allow us to 'disable local broadcasting' or something so we dont show up in local if we dont want too?
Creating a "local solarsystem intelligence tool", so Local Chat can become simply that (a local chat channel), is on the roadmap but hasn't been scheduled yet.

Like the Starbases revamp, the planetary ring mining, the technetium issue, the cloak hunter ship, nice orbital bombardment, the tessellation graphic update and all other CCP/CSM promises?

ok.... coming Soon... I can wait....

At least it IS coming soon. 18 months ago we wouldn't be having these kind of updates in the works or even in planning. CCP have pulled their heads out of their arses and we are now, slowly, getting the EvE the players actually want.

Also. HML nerf is perfect Twisted
Also also. New aggression flagging is perfect Twisted
Also also also. New kill right / bounty system is perfect Twisted

I'd like to see the Corporation Roles & Permissions and their interactions with research & industry on POSes revamped and made user-friendly & secure first before all the above. I realise it's not very 'sexy' but it's a job that REALLY needs doing. Certainly BEFORE we are given modular POSes. Egg comes before the chicken. Blink
Ifly Uwalk
Perkone
Caldari State
#82 - 2012-10-16 16:46:54 UTC
CCP Karkur done did a devblog and wrote:
the max member count for immediate channels is 50 characters.

I'm assuming this doesn't apply to Local? As otherwise there'd only be 50 characters in Jita local which... doesn't seem right.
Tlat Ij
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#83 - 2012-10-16 16:54:13 UTC
Alx Warlord wrote:
True.... AND if removing local was a good Idea... WH Space would be crowded...

Absolutely, I mean people that want no local can just warp to the wormhole stargates right? It's not like they need to deal with scanning down entrances that have mass/time limits that constantly move around making traveling system to system significantly more difficult than it is in k-space; nor do people in wormholes have to deal with a complete lack of stations/outposts and can totally mine POS fuel in their own systems, obviously the only reason w-space has a small number of people is the fact it has no local right?
Tychus Von
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#84 - 2012-10-16 17:07:38 UTC
Alx Warlord wrote:
Vincent Athena wrote:
Galmas wrote:
tl;dr
...off topic...

Last point in the blog:

####
The channel header/tab will display the number of EVE players for channels in immediate mode (since Local Chat is an important intelligence tool), but displays the combined character count for channels in delayed mode.
####

Local Channel as intel tool?!?!?!? Can someone please explain that to me? Pirate

Best regards from w-space!

Gal

PS: off topic, lets get rid of the immediate local channel mode everywhere. It will really be a better game afterwards.

CCP has said its that way do roaming gangs can find each other.

True.... AND if removing local was a good Idea... WH Space would be crowded...

Wormhole space is not populated because the dont have the guts to scan. Also carebears dying constantly without local warning them, so they choose some "blue land" in null...
Razin
The Scope
#85 - 2012-10-16 17:12:21 UTC
Vincent Athena wrote:
Galmas wrote:
tl;dr
...off topic...

Last point in the blog:

####
The channel header/tab will display the number of EVE players for channels in immediate mode (since Local Chat is an important intelligence tool), but displays the combined character count for channels in delayed mode.
####

Local Channel as intel tool?!?!?!? Can someone please explain that to me? Pirate

Best regards from w-space!

Gal

PS: off topic, lets get rid of the immediate local channel mode everywhere. It will really be a better game afterwards.

CCP has said its that way do roaming gangs can find each other.

In EVE reality roaming gangs find each other because of gated travel. Local as intel tool is a way for roaming gangs to escape each other.
Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#86 - 2012-10-16 17:20:47 UTC
Quick Suggestion

Filterable channel listings by standings/status

IE show only war targets.

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

Nikolai Vodkov
Pro Synergy
#87 - 2012-10-16 17:34:01 UTC
Nice work but I'm a bit disappointed that Dust players get a brighter highlight than my own. Own messages are barely visible while Dust really stand out. Also, as a CEO, can I haz kewl coLOrz in corp chatz plz?

Run level 4 missions?  Increase your income and help new players earn ISK.  Join channel: [b]Pro Synergy Pro Synergy[/b] is looking for dedicated Salvagers.  Want to learn more?  Join channel: Pro Synergy

Tobiaz
Spacerats
#88 - 2012-10-16 17:48:54 UTC
Nice! So... where is our much-needed AFK flag?

Operation WRITE DOWN ALL THE THINGS!!!  Check out the list at http://bit.ly/wdatt Collecting and compiling all fixes and ideas for EVE. Looking for more editors!

Tobiaz
Spacerats
#89 - 2012-10-16 17:50:14 UTC
Razin wrote:

In EVE reality roaming gangs find each other because of gated travel. Local as intel tool is a way for roaming gangs to escape each other.

Indeed

Perfect intel only leads to less engagements, not more.

Operation WRITE DOWN ALL THE THINGS!!!  Check out the list at http://bit.ly/wdatt Collecting and compiling all fixes and ideas for EVE. Looking for more editors!

Aron Fox
Tranquillian Imperial Navy
#90 - 2012-10-16 17:54:52 UTC
CCP Gargant wrote:
The infantry is coming. We all know that when DUST 514 is released, the grunts will have some impact on how we spacelords conduct our business. But how will they go about communicating with us? CCP karkur has written a dev blog detailing exactly that; how dusties and capsies will be besties in the same chat rooms.

Read it all here.

As always we want to hear your constructive thoughts and comments in this thread, so post away.

you guys keep removing features with your updates.. first the UI and now the chat. To be honest to me these updates is more "downdates" than "updates". Im not gonna bring up the UI stuff as you aparently allready dont give a **** about the what some of us think about the UI and I am going to stay on topic and talk about the chat as that is what this is about.

Some chats did not automatically list all users in the chat those chats you had to select to ither display who have placed a chat message or that you could show members in delayed mode. and every time you pressed the delayed mode button in the upper top of the chat it manually updated the member list. this manual updating of the member list was very usefull if for the allience chat for example. The button were laying convenient and you needed just to click it once and then it refreshed the list. now if you gonna do that you have to click on the at drop down menu, un-check and then re-check it.
This "Upgrade" did not improve any of my game experience it added usless extra clicking time even tho we are talking about a second in length but to me none of the other changes matters because i have no use of them, but i did have use of the very feature you removed! so thanks for the "downgrade"

now to make this reply into "contstructive criticism":

Bring back the button so I can quickly update the channel member list in one click
Droxlyn
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#91 - 2012-10-16 18:00:10 UTC
In the member list, can I be a member of my own corporation, alliance, or fleet? I don't like seeing myself as neutral to me. I LOVE ME!

Thanks,
Drox
CCP Explorer
C C P
C C P Alliance
#92 - 2012-10-16 18:16:35 UTC
Ifly Uwalk wrote:
CCP Karkur done did a devblog and wrote:
the max member count for immediate channels is 50 characters.
I'm assuming this doesn't apply to Local? As otherwise there'd only be 50 characters in Jita local which... doesn't seem right.
Indeed, doesn't apply to local.

Erlendur S. Thorsteinsson | Senior Development Director | EVE Online // CCP Games | @CCP_Explorer

Hannott Thanos
Notorious Legion
#93 - 2012-10-16 18:22:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Hannott Thanos
Wth is this "Infantry in Channel"?? Why is CCP screwing us over AGAIN?!

It's supposed to be "Bunnies in space" :D

Edit, PS: I love you CCP, and will never unsub my 2 accounts, rather get another one. But you know. This thing called work, and this thing also including a thing called programming, takes up so much time....

while (CurrentSelectedTarget.Status == ShipStatus.Alive) {

_myShip.FireAllGuns(CurrentSelectedTarget);

}

Dibble Dabble
Capital Assets Inc
#94 - 2012-10-16 18:28:36 UTC
Can we opt out of Dust?

I am pissed CCP have been using subs to pay for a console game and want nothing to do with the damn thing. Eve developement has been **** poor over the last two years as resources are directed towards a game doomed to fail and maybe take Eve with it.

JamesCLK
#95 - 2012-10-16 18:35:23 UTC
Dibble Dabble wrote:
Can we opt out of Dust?

Nope! Big smile
Deal with it?

-- -.-- / -.-. .-.. --- -. . / .. ... / - --- --- / . -..- .--. . -. ... .. ...- . / - --- / ..- -. -.. --- -.-. -.- / ... - --- .--. / .--. .-.. . .- ... . / ... . -. -.. / .... . .-.. .--. / ... - --- .--.

Rordan D'Kherr
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#96 - 2012-10-16 18:37:54 UTC
Mobile Infantry does the dying, Fleet just does the flying...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uF9AXi46TU

Don't be scared, because being afk is not a crime.

KrakizBad
Section 8.
#97 - 2012-10-16 18:48:25 UTC
Thank you for the self highlighting, but it's not really very visible. Any way to adjust the tint or brightness?
Maelystra
Super Mining Bros - 3D
#98 - 2012-10-16 18:55:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Maelystra
It just hit me...if CCP put DUST 514 infantry on Caldari Prime...it could be theoretically possible for we players, to recreate the Caldari-Gallente war for Caldari Prime! Shocked
Minus the capital ships of course!

It would take a lot of work to put together, and a lot of cooperative wardeccing between Caldari-Gallente corps, but this could be AWESOME now that we have common chat! Big smileBig smileBig smile
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#99 - 2012-10-16 19:46:24 UTC
We do the flying, they'll do the dying, all is as it should be Lol

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

CCP karkur
C C P
C C P Alliance
#100 - 2012-10-16 20:35:14 UTC
Rommiee wrote:
CCP karkur wrote:
Lyron-Baktos wrote:
your counter is off in the pics. local say 3 but there are 4 people there

from the devblog wrote:

Rommiee wrote:
If the bunnies are hidden from the member list, then the counter should also be changed. It should only display the number of pilots/bunnies that you have chosen in the settings. Or at least make that another option.

There is no reason to do otherwise. If you don't want the bunnies in the member list, why the hell would you need to know how many are in system ?

Oh yeah, and we need to be able to filter out their messages also. Local spam from a bunch of 14 year olds and all that.

CCP karkur......

Don't you think that this makes sense ? Can you please explain the logic behind doing it the way you have ?

It does make sense to me that you see how many of them are there, even though you choose not to display them.

CCP karkur | Programmer | Team Five 0 | @CCP_karkur