These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

A Closed Chain... "working as intended"?

Author
VegasMirage
Blank-Space
Northern Coalition.
#1 - 2012-10-15 23:58:24 UTC
So, there I am sitting on the Jita 4-4 undock thinking there must be more to Eve Online besides bait ganking badly fit ships.

Wormholes!!! I probe out a wormhole from hisec, jump in and find a C4. It's full of sleeper sites (forget the official term) Amons or something, anyways I get a fleet together, they ask if its safe and whether I have a prober in the wormhole. Of course I have a prober in there you nitwit.

The assembled fleet of t3's with Scimi and recon support jump into the wh. The wormhole closes behind us leaving our noctis pilot in hi sec. "Anybody have a salvager on your tengu?"... "No."

Ok, so it's time to just find an exit back to hi sec and leave this wormhole stuff to the experts. I begin probing and probing and probing...

The C4 only has connections to its own static, another C4, which after probing 20-25 sigs connects to its static a C5 which led to another C4 with a static C5 and on and on for about 5 hours. Finally at the last wormhole, the chain was totally closed with no other way out but through its static which I came through.

(1) C4 > (2) C4 > (3) C5/ (4) C4 > (5) C5 > (6) C4 >(7) C5 > (8) C5

I fly my space ship back and forth through the chain dropping probes hoping for a new sig, it doesn't come. My fleet, logged off and no longer talking to me.

Is this "working as intended"? What's the longest chain you've been in that didn't lead to null/low or hi sec. Why would CCP allow for a wh chain to actually be "closed" with no way out.

This is the problem with being a Nomad. The isk isn't worth it imo.

no more games... it's real this time!!!

El Liptonez
AQUILA INC
Verge of Collapse
#2 - 2012-10-16 00:12:31 UTC
Looking at how you've been in four class 4's, that's 50% of the systems that never have a k-space exit. I am not entirely sure about C5s and C6s, but most, if not all of those only come with w-space statics too.

You only were in four systems that could in theory have k-space exits but aren't bound to, you didn't even get unlucky. Complaining about not finding a k-space exit in four wormholes is like complaining the droprate of nanoribbons has been nerfed when you didn't get a single one from two anoms.
Rroff
Antagonistic Tendencies
#3 - 2012-10-16 00:14:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Rroff
Its an interesting one as its not really working as intended but it working the way it works - when you play W-Space as most people do - living there gives you the collapsing ships so when you end up with a situation like that you crash your static and usually get a new chain that has a k-space exit somewhere.
Milena Chang
Tafiy
#4 - 2012-10-16 00:48:55 UTC
Poasting in a stealth "stuck and I can't get out" thread.

Seriously though, I would say this is working as intended; wormhole space is supposed to be dangerous, and the mechanics behind wormhole spawn/collapse are an essential part of that.
VegasMirage
Blank-Space
Northern Coalition.
#5 - 2012-10-16 00:54:36 UTC
Some of you posting above do not understand what it is I'm "whinning" about.

It's not being stuck in a wormhole and can't get out, it's being stuck in a chain that is closed with no more possibilities but wait the 24 hour timers and hope a k-space exit is attached in the new chain or some random opens an exit from their static.

The question is have you been stuck in a "chain" before that leads nowhere but back to where you started?

This is a first for me. Usually, I'm probing for days sometimes weeks but never been closed off to new wh possibilities in a dead end chain.

Then again, I'm nomading so many of you who live in wh's proly don't know what I'm talking about.

Derath Ellecon
ATRAX.
Shadow Cartel
#6 - 2012-10-16 00:58:46 UTC
Not sure if serious. Blatant misspellings like amons remind me of all those nigerian email scams.

That being said, I got stuck in a C4 static C5 collapsing the hole a month or so ago. It took about 4 hours of scanning to finally find a way back to k-space.

Next time check the C4's static before deciding if you want to enter.

Also fishy. I'm pretty sure everyone has said C4's never have a k-space connection. Yet you found it from high sec.
VegasMirage
Blank-Space
Northern Coalition.
#7 - 2012-10-16 01:03:53 UTC
Derath Ellecon wrote:
Not sure if serious. Blatant misspellings like amons remind me of all those nigerian email scams.

That being said, I got stuck in a C4 static C5 collapsing the hole a month or so ago. It took about 4 hours of scanning to finally find a way back to k-space.

Next time check the C4's static before deciding if you want to enter.

Also fishy. I'm pretty sure everyone has said C4's never have a k-space connection. Yet you found it from high sec.

here fishy fishy...

no nothing fishy going on, was just sharing an experience

again, I understand what you went through, it's normal - being stuck in a dead end chain of 8 or so wormholes is something you should look forward to ;)

Wolvun
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2012-10-16 01:10:08 UTC
Right click your ship.
Self destruct.
Right click your pod.
Self destruct.

Tell us how shiny your ship was.
Tell us how shiny your pod was.

Allow us to take great joy in your dismay.

I'm pretty sure this will apply at some point.
Jack Miton
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#9 - 2012-10-16 01:15:07 UTC
WH chains will always end in a HS/LS/NS exit unless you get a closed loop which is very rare but does happen.
(EG, you can have C4a > C4b C4c > back to C4a.)

Looking at the chain you listed, you must have missed a sig somewhere.

There is no Bob.

Stuck In Here With Me:  http://sihwm.blogspot.com.au/

Down the Pipe:  http://feeds.feedburner.com/CloakyScout

Oxandrolone
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2012-10-16 01:31:17 UTC
VegasMirage wrote:

Is this "working as intended"? What's the longest chain you've been in that didn't lead to null/low or hi sec. Why would CCP allow for a wh chain to actually be "closed" with no way out.

This is the problem with being a Nomad. The isk isn't worth it imo.

there is always a way out of every wormhole, its just not always to k-space.
you word your question on the assumption people only scan in wormholes looking for a 'way out' to k-space
VegasMirage
Blank-Space
Northern Coalition.
#11 - 2012-10-16 01:50:49 UTC  |  Edited by: VegasMirage
Jack Miton wrote:
WH chains will always end in a HS/LS/NS exit unless you get a closed loop which is very rare but does happen.

After probing the sigs out 3 or 4 times in each wormhole, I decided to take screen shots so I didn't have to probe again. I actually was surprised by the closed chain. The chain doesn't end up in the wormhole I started in (appologize for leading you to believe that) it led to 2 dead end wormholes with only statics that somebody probed out (funny cause I saw other probes in the chain so others were also stuck in the same situation).

Also, nobody lives in ANY of these wormholes. Lots of abandoned towers and mods.

Marzuq
Scarlet Weather Rhapsody
#12 - 2012-10-16 02:21:28 UTC
VegasMirage wrote:
Jack Miton wrote:

After probing the sigs out 3 or 4 times in each wormhole, I decided to take screen shots so I didn't have to probe again. I actually was surprised by the closed chain. The chain doesn't end up in the wormhole I started in (appologize for leading you to believe that) it led to 2 dead end wormholes with only statics that somebody probed out (funny cause I saw other probes in the chain so others were also stuck in the same situation).

Also, nobody lives in ANY of these wormholes. Lots of abandoned towers and mods.

That's the nature of C4 wormholes, theres a reason why not many people live in C4's, along with better isk/hr in C3/C2 wormholes.
Hamatitio
The Forsakened Few
We Forsakened Few
#13 - 2012-10-16 02:31:30 UTC
You had to have gone through a k162, if you go static static static static eventually you'll be free.
Himnos Altar
An Errant Venture
#14 - 2012-10-16 04:59:59 UTC
Unless it was one of those pesky hi sec->C4 roaming Wormholes that got them in there in the first place.
VegasMirage
Blank-Space
Northern Coalition.
#15 - 2012-10-16 06:54:40 UTC
Hamatitio wrote:
You had to have gone through a k162, if you go static static static static eventually you'll be free.

no there were a lot of K-162's along the way (also from hi sec)

the key here is being stuck in a limited chain of wh's that dead ends on both sides, I didn't think it possible but it has happened

Sassums
Dark Venture Corporation
Kitchen Sinkhole
#16 - 2012-10-16 07:14:10 UTC
VegasMirage wrote:
to just find an exit back to hi sec and leave this wormhole stuff to the experts. I begin probing and probing and probing...

The C4 only has connections to its own static, another C4, which after probing 20-25 sigs connects to its static a C5 which led to another C4 with a static C5 and on and on for about 5 hours. Finally at the last wormhole, the chain was totally closed with no other way out but through its static which I came through.

Here is the issue. It is quite clear that the last WH you entered, was NOT the static of the WH you left.

You must have gone through a K162 into that very last WH.

Had it not been a K162, the WH you entered would have had a static of its own, and not been the return route home.

You need to use static mapper or sites like that to figure out the static of each WH you are in.

Living in a WH for more than a year, we have never once had an issue like you just described. Every static leads somewhere.

The only time we find a dead end is going into a K162 to find out the WH we just entered's static is the WH we just left.
Shenra Twrin
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#17 - 2012-10-16 07:18:22 UTC
Know that feeling of having long and many chains

Old chain of us
http://s1.directupload.net/images/121016/7838ok9x.jpg

VegasMirage
Blank-Space
Northern Coalition.
#18 - 2012-10-16 07:19:36 UTC
Sassums wrote:
VegasMirage wrote:
to just find an exit back to hi sec and leave this wormhole stuff to the experts. I begin probing and probing and probing...

Here is the issue. It is quite clear that the last WH you entered, was NOT the static of the WH you left.

You must have gone through a K162 into that very last WH.

Had it not been a K162, the WH you entered would have had a static of its own, and not been the return route home.

You need to use static mapper or sites like that to figure out the static of each WH you are in.

Living in a WH for more than a year, we have never once had an issue like you just described. Every static leads somewhere.

The only time we find a dead end is going into a K162 to find out the WH we just entered's static is the WH we just left.

I'm registered with WormNav lived in wh space for 2 years, been nomading for a year. It's chained, tracked, screen shots taken etc.,

The last wormhole was a K162 as I said above, it was the C5's static back to the wh I came in from, no other sigs available int that last wh. The same from the C4 I started from, only the static which I probed out b/c the wh we came thru collapsed (EOL).

I started the thread b/c it seemed to be something rare.

Aducat Ragnarson
Blootered Bastards
#19 - 2012-10-16 07:30:29 UTC
7/10

Tell us again how you jumped into the wormhole from highsec and it was a c4... That part was so totally believable because c4 holes can totally connect to k-space.
Shenra Twrin
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#20 - 2012-10-16 08:02:52 UTC
Aducat Ragnarson wrote:
7/10

Tell us again how you jumped into the wormhole from highsec and it was a c4... That part was so totally believable because c4 holes can totally connect to k-space.

coaltion high maybe... ?
123Next page