These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

High sec the much needed changes

Author
SketS47
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2012-10-14 08:41:17 UTC
Good Morning Gents,

I am an EVE-player since start '07. since than I have seen many cool and new features. But in the last 1,5yrs I have seen features being implemented wich are making EVE a Hello Kitty playground without risk. I myself am a player in high sec, I stay there because its safer than 0.0 and tbh I am not really intrested in blobs and politics anyway. But now things have changed considerably and I find myself now bored with eve. For me its nothing more than a grind for more isk and I suspect when I reach 10bil or so its going to be my "end-game" (I suspect this is the same for many).

Let me enlighten:
A. High-sec mining is now with orca support, barges are now buffed and u practicly need no skills to withstand the awesome rats dps, and finally the new "ore holds" make can pooping obsolete.
- So miners can be even more afk, need not to worry about rats or gankers, and because cans are now obsolete they make isk in an even more passive and risk free way. This has made mining even more boring for the miner and the highsec griefer/pvper.

B. The new wardec system, is absolutely awesome. Except for one tiny thing the cost went up from 2mil to 50mil. I used to yell in local about how ur mum was ugly and stuff, I got a wardec and got my game on. Or somebody would talk about my mum and I'd wardec them. That **** was pretty awesome.
- But after the cost update war lost its fun, its just to expensive. Me and my friends have not encountered a war since not even when talking about how ugly your wive is and that even my dog wouldnd jump her.

So now high sec is used for isk making only, risk free, passivly and without challenge (upcoming updates wont change this).

So in order to bring back the challenge to players I vote for the following:
- Nerf barges EHP, to bring back a little risk (before the buff I never lost one barge to griefers, fit it properly!)
- Remove or make the ore-bay smaller, this brings back the need to poop cans, and thus add risk to the game.
- Lower the wardec costs under 10mil again, this will add risk again and challenge players.

So X up if you agree! Lets bring back EVE-Online.

(PS: if you disagree your mother is indeed ugly and you should most deffinatly wardec me!)
Astroniomix
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#2 - 2012-10-14 17:20:52 UTC
Why are so many people crying about the barge EHP buff? They aren't "un-gankable" by any stretch of the imagination (minus the skiff/procurer) and most of them are still badly fitted so it's not like anything has changed.
Hans Zwaardhandler
Habitual Euthanasia
Pandemic Legion
#3 - 2012-10-14 17:58:19 UTC
Astroniomix wrote:
Why are so many people crying about the barge EHP buff? They aren't "un-gankable" by any stretch of the imagination (minus the skiff/procurer) and most of them are still badly fitted so it's not like anything has changed.


This is truth right here. Retrievers and Coveters and their tech two versions are not ungankable by any stretch of the imagination; they merely will take longer now to have their hull be opened up if they aren't adaquetely defended. Besides the Skiff and Procurer, barges for the most part are still made out of paper.
Jin alPatar
Entertainment 7wenty
#4 - 2012-10-15 16:00:47 UTC
Hans Zwaardhandler wrote:

This is truth right here. Retrievers and Coveters and their tech two versions are not ungankable by any stretch of the imagination; they merely will take longer now to have their hull be opened up if they aren't adaquetely defended. Besides the Skiff and Procurer, barges for the most part are still made out of paper.


And let's compare this to the real world too. Have you ever looked at industrial equipment (loaders, river barges, etc)? They absolutely do not look like weak vessels.

Take a look at the protection that ocean tankers have. Triple reinforced hulls? The 'armor' on these things rivals battleships.

It makes *sense* for mining barges to have decent EHP. It makes sense to have decent ore holds (don't you think ORE would design ships with big ore holds?)

They made a few compromises (some have super EHP, some have super Ore Holds, some have super Yield) to offer a set of vessels that make sense for their intended use.
Nestara Aldent
Citimatics
#5 - 2012-10-15 16:22:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Nestara Aldent
Jin alPatar wrote:

Take a look at the protection that ocean tankers have. Triple reinforced hulls? The 'armor' on these things rivals battleships.


No it doesn't, you just made it up - unless they would withstand 406mm (16") shell hits, or multiple hits by anti-ship cruise missiles, and to put it frankly, they don't have 8" (203mm) or thicker steel plates on them - belt armor of Iowa battleships was up to 12.1" (307mm) thick.

And even though era of battleship is gone, modern carrier would withstand more punishment, despite having no armor as well, and being smaller than biggest oil tankers, as its still designed to absorb some damage of the type that naval armament do.
Garviel Tarrant
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#6 - 2012-10-15 16:45:39 UTC
I have a fix for you

Leave high sec, Its a really ****** place.

BYDI recruitment closed-ish

Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#7 - 2012-10-15 20:17:12 UTC
Hulks/Covetors didn't even get an EHP buff. (Ok, maybe 1 or 2 EHP, but not any meaningful change).
If you are having issues ganking them now.... *gasps* They must actually be fitting tank now instead.
Daichi Yamato
Jabbersnarks and Wonderglass
#8 - 2012-10-15 21:09:31 UTC
Nestara Aldent wrote:
Jin alPatar wrote:

Take a look at the protection that ocean tankers have. Triple reinforced hulls? The 'armor' on these things rivals battleships.


No it doesn't, you just made it up - unless they would withstand 406mm (16") shell hits, or multiple hits by anti-ship cruise missiles, and to put it frankly, they don't have 8" (203mm) or thicker steel plates on them - belt armor of Iowa battleships was up to 12.1" (307mm) thick.

And even though era of battleship is gone, modern carrier would withstand more punishment, despite having no armor as well, and being smaller than biggest oil tankers, as its still designed to absorb some damage of the type that naval armament do.



confirming, since it would only take a single shell from an abram or challenger to tear open a loader it should only take one 1200mm shell to alpha any barge. and concord should have to actually travel to the site of a gank via gates rather than magically shutting down the gankers warp drive and then teleporting to the site without so much as a cyno. eve should be closer to real life.

for the war situation, u can still join other ppls wars for free, or even charge ppl to bring u into their war. i wish attacker could add allies for every added defender tho.

EVE FAQ "7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided"

Daichi Yamato's version of structure based decs