These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Running For CSM, Will Get Rid of ISDs on Forums and add in game consequences for mass scammers

First post
Author
Abibba Hakkar
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2012-10-11 01:02:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Abibba Hakkar
It has long been known that the rent a cops of the forums have been pretending to be important and blocking opinions that don't align with their own to take them down and pretend that they don't exist. The removal of the ISD will be the first of many acts to better eve. Freedom of speech is an essential human right and is essential to any sandbox. (edit: I think that electing ISD's from the player base would be a better idea, elections encourage the maintenance of appearance and the catering to public will.)

Next I intend to push ccp to punish scammers. In a game defined by the latest scam, that would wind you in prison if you tried it in the real world. I intend to push for in game consequences when I become CSM. Consequences that may be tacked onto the bounty system after it's revised. The only way I see it working is if there is an ability to lower people's sec status through the use of reviews after a contract or a trade scam. By having reviews after an interaction, I believe we can have an angies list effect on eve, ensuring high quality services without the muck to wade through.

In addition feel free to message me if you have any suggestions on how you wish to be represented when I win the election.
RAGE QU1T
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#2 - 2012-10-11 01:05:43 UTC
WAT, INB4L
Lyrrashae
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#3 - 2012-10-11 01:06:35 UTC
Weak troll is weak, and way too early.

1/10.

Mods, please gas thread and ban OP, thank you.

Ni.

Alexa Coates
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2012-10-11 01:07:43 UTC
op, no you wont.

That's a Templar, an Amarr fighter used by carriers.

Abibba Hakkar
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#5 - 2012-10-11 01:08:45 UTC
Alexa Coates wrote:
op, no you wont.

run against me then
Nanatoa
#6 - 2012-10-11 01:08:59 UTC
Well 1 of those 2 ideas ain't bad at all.

"Stay the course, we have done this many times before." - (CCP) Hilmar, June 2011

Abibba Hakkar
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#7 - 2012-10-11 01:10:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Abibba Hakkar
Nanatoa wrote:
Well 1 of those 2 ideas ain't bad at all.

I was also thinking that when you are in null sec, instead of paying market taxes to the scc, you pay them to whoever has sov.

Edit: This would encourage null sec alliances to do trade. The ability to tax has historically opened markets in real life history as well. I could see market alliances forming if it was done.
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#8 - 2012-10-11 01:18:24 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
Moving this from General Discussion to Jita Park Speaker's Corner.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Senior Lead

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

usrevenge
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#9 - 2012-10-11 01:18:25 UTC
you won't do anything, because the only thing you can really do it answer questions ccp ask you, and even then there is a good chance they will just not listen to you.
either way
Trolololololol
Abibba Hakkar
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#10 - 2012-10-11 01:24:00 UTC
usrevenge wrote:
you won't do anything, because the only thing you can really do it answer questions ccp ask you, and even then there is a good chance they will just not listen to you.
either way
Trolololololol

It's just like real life, at least to some degree, if you send them messages and consistently remind them of public opinion they will listen.
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#11 - 2012-10-11 07:00:29 UTC
Abibba Hakkar wrote:
It has long been known that the rent a cops of the forums have been pretending to be important and blocking opinions that don't align with their own to take them down and pretend that they don't exist. The removal of the ISD will be the first of many acts to better eve. Freedom of speech is an essential human right and is essential to any sandbox. (edit: I think that electing ISD's from the player base would be a better idea, elections encourage the maintenance of appearance and the catering to public will.)

Next I intend to push ccp to punish scammers. In a game defined by the latest scam, that would wind you in prison if you tried it in the real world. I intend to push for in game consequences when I become CSM. Consequences that may be tacked onto the bounty system after it's revised. The only way I see it working is if there is an ability to lower people's sec status through the use of reviews after a contract or a trade scam. By having reviews after an interaction, I believe we can have an angies list effect on eve, ensuring high quality services without the muck to wade through.

In addition feel free to message me if you have any suggestions on how you wish to be represented when I win the election.

Pretending that you can make either of these happen is either dishonest or shows a complete lack of understanding of what the CSM do.

Best of luck.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Inquisitor Kitchner
The Executives
#12 - 2012-10-11 09:12:30 UTC
Lyrrashae wrote:

1/10.

I disagree, I think we should gas OP and ban thread.

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared." - Niccolo Machiavelli

Tarryn Nightstorm
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#13 - 2012-10-13 19:50:41 UTC
Inquisitor Kitchner wrote:
Lyrrashae wrote:

1/10.

I disagree, I think we should gas OP and ban thread.

Loools!

Oh, and in before lock.

Star Wars: the Old Republic may not be EVE. But I'll take the sound of dual blaster-pistols over "NURVV CLAOKING NAOW!!!11oneone!!" any day of the week.

Asuri Kinnes
Perkone
Caldari State
#14 - 2012-10-14 15:03:25 UTC
Abibba Hakkar wrote:

A) - If you can't form a coherent thought in such a way that you don't get moderated (on these, oh so very lightly moderated forums) you probably couldn't represent anyone very well.

B) - Freedom of Speech does *not* exist on privately funded and maintained forums - the owner may, in fact, enforce any rules they wish to.

You don't stand a chance of being elected because you do not present yourself as being mature enough to handle responsibility, let alone representing anyone else.

Biomassing may be the best thing you could do for eve.

Bob is the god of Wormholes.

That's all you need to know.

Trit
Constructive Influence
Brothers of Tangra
#15 - 2012-11-06 01:02:41 UTC
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode wrote:
Moving this from General Discussion to Jita Park Speaker's Corner.

At least he didn't snap his fingers and make your useless boring rant right.

Shine on Crazy Nubbins

Abyssum Invocat
Yet Another Tax Haven
#16 - 2012-11-06 20:11:21 UTC
Abibba Hakkar wrote:

An NPC alt running for CSM with unreasonable goals? Troll/10