These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

C'Mon CCP give logi some Acknowledgement

Author
Marcus Caspius
#1 - 2012-10-12 19:06:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Marcus Caspius
Seems like its all talk no action with CCP. At FanFest there was some talk about listing Logi on KMs. When is this going to get done?

So all this rebalancing and inventing new crap happens when the logi mecanic is Non-existent (it's not even broken).

Surely such features have a higher priority on your product backlog than $#%#$ around with some feature that is not broken.

Dammit Soundwave, get it done!

IdeaIdeaIdea>> Please like post? <<IdeaIdeaIdea

Grammatical error and spelling mistakes are included for your entertainment!

James 315
Experimental Fun Times Corp RELOADED
CODE.
#2 - 2012-10-12 19:11:42 UTC
Isn't the knowledge that you're helping, good enough? Smile
Marcus Caspius
#3 - 2012-10-12 19:15:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Marcus Caspius
James 315 wrote:

You, Sir, are a saint! Cool

Unfortunately some of us have not reached your level of Higher Consciousness.

Ditra Vorthran
Caldari Imports and Exports
#4 - 2012-10-12 19:35:23 UTC
James 315 wrote:

CEO: Thank you for your application. Unfortunately you've been denied because your killboard ratio is under xx%.

Kick-Ass Logi Pilot: I thought I explained that. I'm a Kick-Ass Logi Pilot(tm). You can see most of my losses are logi ships, and logi pilots don't get on killboards unless they killmail whore with combat drones.

CEO: Well, that's too bad. You killboards suck, so you can't join us.

Somewhere, this conversation is currently taking place.

"Miners mine so I don't have to." ~Metal Icarus

Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#5 - 2012-10-12 19:38:45 UTC
If the warm and fuzzy feeling you get from knowing you have repped a fellow fleetmember in their time of need isnt good enough for you, then you sir are as needy as a 12 year old girl. Go to the mall and go shopping instead of posting.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

James 315
Experimental Fun Times Corp RELOADED
CODE.
#6 - 2012-10-12 19:43:46 UTC
Ditra Vorthran wrote:
James 315 wrote:

CEO: Thank you for your application. Unfortunately you've been denied because your killboard ratio is under xx%.

Kick-Ass Logi Pilot: I thought I explained that. I'm a Kick-Ass Logi Pilot(tm). You can see most of my losses are logi ships, and logi pilots don't get on killboards unless they killmail ***** with combat drones.

Sounds like the logi pilot is lucky not to have to work for such a terrible CEO. Smile
Suddenly Forums ForumKings
Doomheim
#7 - 2012-10-12 19:43:46 UTC
If you want recognition for logi make a youtube video like Ironclad.

I think we could use a good one for a Scimitar/Basilisk pilot saving his friends in his shield blob.

We could call it "Reps of Glory" or something.
Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#8 - 2012-10-12 19:58:16 UTC
I'm still struggling to understand exactly which killmail logistics are meant to be on. I mean they don't actually do anything to hostile ships, so it seems odd to me that they'd be on that mail. It makes sense if you put them on the lossmails of ships they were assisting that got destroyed, but then you only get recognition in situations in which you didn't do your job optimally.

It all seems like you might as well just fly with combat drones.
Kitty Bear
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#9 - 2012-10-12 20:00:54 UTC
Ditra Vorthran wrote:
James 315 wrote:

Kick-Ass Logi Pilot: I thought I explained that. I'm a Kick-Ass Logi Pilot(tm). You can see most of my losses are logi ships, and logi pilots don't get on killboards unless they killmail ***** with combat drones.

but if you KM with combat drones, your a **** Logi Pilot .

amiright?
Suddenly Forums ForumKings
Doomheim
#10 - 2012-10-12 20:03:18 UTC
Kitty Bear wrote:
Ditra Vorthran wrote:
James 315 wrote:

but if you KM with combat drones, your a **** Logi Pilot .

amiright?

No, it means you took the initiative to assist your combat drones to the FC before the fight.
Cede Forster
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#11 - 2012-10-12 20:06:58 UTC
I am pretty sure if you talk with any CEO or recruiter worth their ISK, he will check your skills, ask how many and what kind of engagement you flew and accept anyone who has an idea what he is doing with a hand kiss.

Logistic pilots are always in demand and it is often frowned upon if they focus on kill mail whoring instead of doing their job - the less kills the better.

But probably it is less about recruitment then about being shallow in general and wanting to show off?
Marcus Caspius
#12 - 2012-10-12 20:12:50 UTC
Vimsy Vortis wrote:
I'm still struggling to understand exactly which killmail logistics are meant to be on. I mean they don't actually do anything to hostile ships, so it seems odd to me that they'd be on that mail. It makes sense if you put them on the lossmails of ships they were assisting that got destroyed, but then you only get recognition in situations in which you didn't do your job optimally.

It all seems like you might as well just fly with combat drones.

It has been suggested that in the thick of battle managing drones as well is a tough job.

The example above about a CEO looking at a recruit is a very real one. Often in alliances participation is measured. Simple fact of reality is that if you want to belong to an elite group you have to prove that you belong there and can contribute to the group success.

Some CEOs will let anything into their corp. I'd personally rather be part of a Crew that I can trust and I know are not going to poop their Cockpit window at the fist sign of trouble.

Back on point, seems that not many people want to fly it because there is no measure of success.

Even if recognition is not a kill per se. CCP did indicate that they would action this. Whether you value this or not is not really the point. It is the fact that players have asked for it and CCP indicated they would deliver, but is as usual Just Hot Air!

Varesk
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2012-10-12 20:17:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Varesk
I agree.

Logi needs some love, Like an aggression timer when you rep someone. Actually this should be done for any RR module.
Ptraci
3 R Corporation
#14 - 2012-10-13 12:26:54 UTC
Marcus Caspius wrote:
Seems like its all talk no action with CCP. At FanFest there was some talk about listing Logi on KMs. When is this going to get done?

So all this rebalancing and inventing new crap happens when the logi mecanic is Non-existent (it's not even broken).

Surely such features have a higher priority on your product backlog than $#%#$ around with some feature that is not broken.

Dammit Soundwave, get it done!

IdeaIdeaIdea>> Please like post? <<IdeaIdeaIdea

Eh, you could always do like some people and put a point on your scimitar. It's - unexpected...
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#15 - 2012-10-13 13:14:04 UTC
people who put guns and tackle on logistics are terrible people who i unceremoniously deny reimbursement to

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Lin-Young Borovskova
Doomheim
#16 - 2012-10-13 13:20:37 UTC
Ditra Vorthran wrote:
James 315 wrote:

The good news for that logi pilot is that he's on the verge of finding a good corp/alliance because he just spotted a very bad one.

brb

Ensign X
#17 - 2012-10-13 14:16:38 UTC
Lin-Young Borovskova wrote:
Ditra Vorthran wrote:
James 315 wrote:

The good news for that logi pilot is that he's on the verge of finding a good corp/alliance because he just spotted a very bad one.

No ****. If you're turned down by a Corp CEO for being a Logi pilot and not having a particular KB ratio, stay the **** away from that Corp as their CEO is clearly suffering from Dumbfuq Disease.
Smiknight
Smiknight Corporation
#18 - 2012-10-13 14:56:42 UTC
Marcus Caspius wrote:
James 315 wrote:

You, Sir, are a saint! Cool

Unfortunately some of us have not reached your level of Higher Consciousness.

Well, at least you acknowledge the need to have your ego stroked on a regular basis. I do agree that the KM thing needs to go though...takes a game and turns it into a teeny show.

As always, killing blow should get the KM, nothing less and no one more.
A reward devoid of risk is no reward at all, but is instead a handout.
Soi Mala
Whacky Waving Inflatable Flailing Arm Tubemen
#19 - 2012-10-13 15:04:27 UTC
Can't help but think the flagging changes might tie into this, given the changes to flags while repping etc.
Becka Goldbeck
#20 - 2012-10-13 15:32:28 UTC
Think of all the KM whoring a logi could do, could soak in all the KMs from at least 5 other KM whores.
12Next page