These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Don't buy PLEX from market

First post
Author
Lady Ayeipsia
BlueWaffe
#21 - 2012-10-12 14:04:38 UTC
Vera Algaert wrote:
Soon Shin wrote:

If you don't want these high PLEXes, then you should abstain from buying them unless you absolutely need to.

Close an account or two temporarily or pay money for subscription.

I want low PLEX prices so I can keep my accounts running without having to play more than a few hours per week (or spend RL money on a bad game such as EVE).

If getting prices to fall requires me to shut down my accounts, then these low prices have literally no value to me.

Why don't you close your accounts first so i can keep mine running at low cost?

So wait,you spend a few hours a week play a "bad game" so you can keep playing that "bad game" for free? Nor that I wish to cost ccp business, but why the heck don't you find a cheaper or alternative free game to play that you like? Seriously, the idea that you waste time playing a game you view as bad just so you can keep playing that bad game is obsurd. That's like saying you spend a few hours a week working a crappy job just so you can pay for the gas to go to the crappy job.

Obviously, there is something good about this game or you really need to reassess your priorities.
Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#22 - 2012-10-12 14:26:31 UTC
deshi...

bashara...

deshi...

bashara...
highonpop
Wildly Inappropriate
Goonswarm Federation
#23 - 2012-10-12 14:36:48 UTC
Vera Algaert wrote:

I want low PLEX prices so I can keep my accounts running without having to play more than a few hours per week (or spend RL money on a bad game such as EVE).

Why are you even here? You don't want to play more than a few hours and you think EVE is a bad game. Why are you here?

FC, what do?

Kaivar Lancer
Doomheim
#24 - 2012-10-12 15:16:55 UTC
Remember when PLEX was 300m? The price of PLEX always goes up in the long-term. If you are ISK-rich, I'd convert them into PLEX before they reach 1b.
Alavaria Fera
Imperial Shipment
#25 - 2012-10-12 17:57:55 UTC
Kaivar Lancer wrote:
Remember when PLEX was 300m? The price of PLEX always goes up in the long-term. If you are ISK-rich, I'd convert them into PLEX before they reach 1b.

Well the poster clearly wants people to not buy plex until he's bought in, then hehe

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Val'Dore
PlanetCorp InterStellar
#26 - 2012-10-12 18:04:33 UTC
RELEASE THE PLEXKEN

Star Jump Drive A new way to traverse the galaxy.

I invented Tiericide

Gerald Taric
NEO DYNAMICS
#27 - 2012-10-12 18:20:26 UTC
It seems, that PLEX are an object of speculation.

Maybe some ISK-"Scrooge McDuck"s buy them now and wait for the ideal point of time to sell them again.

But ... maybe we see them whine ... when and if (!) the speculation bubble bursts.

Lucky are the ones, who do not depend on PLEXes now.
Darth Khasei
Wavestar Business Ventures Inc.
#28 - 2012-10-12 18:25:33 UTC
There seems to be a lack of understanding of basic economic principles and basic math is a lost cause in certain areas of the world and coming here confirms this fact.
Gogela
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#29 - 2012-10-12 18:29:30 UTC
Hasn't anyone noticed that the same myriad of PLEX threads all seem to pop up at about the same time of year, every year?

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here...

Signatures should be used responsibly...

Olleybear
Armed And Angry
#30 - 2012-10-12 18:43:51 UTC
Surfin's PlunderBunny wrote:
De'Veldrin wrote:
Surfin's PlunderBunny wrote:
If you don't buy PLEX then ISD kicks a puppy

I might care about this if you could be more specific about which puppy they're kicking?

Well I guess we see who on the forums advocates the kicking of puppies Evil

Personally, I like to shave kittens and then put them in the snow.

When it comes to PvP, I am like a chiwawa hanging from a grizzley bears pair of wrinklies for dear life.

KIller Wabbit
MEME Thoughts
#31 - 2012-10-12 20:40:05 UTC
Ptraci wrote:
Soon Shin wrote:
The hysteria that comes from rapidly increasing PLEX prices causes people to go rapidly buy them before they go higher.

The speculators increase prices even more and create more hysteria.

It becomes a vicious cycle that increases the price of PLEX more and more.

If you don't want these high PLEXes, then you should abstain from buying them unless you absolutely need to.

The prices will naturally fall.

Confirming that shouting "No!" has always been effective at preventing the stampede. You should trade stocks.

He knows that. You just fell into HIS speculation trap.
Suddenly Forums ForumKings
Doomheim
#32 - 2012-10-12 20:41:53 UTC
They won't fall until the inflation monster is brought down to 2-5% per year. Incursions are the cause of the devaluation of your ISK, not alts.
silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#33 - 2012-10-12 20:45:38 UTC
Soon Shin wrote:

PLEX-Bubble? What *will* those evil bankers think of next..?

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

Didn't vote? Then you voted for NulBloc

Clystan
Binaerie Heavy Industries
#34 - 2012-10-12 20:47:37 UTC
Plex OBP lottery - ready go
Ginger Barbarella
#35 - 2012-10-12 20:49:15 UTC
Soon Shin wrote:
The hysteria that comes from rapidly increasing PLEX prices causes people to go rapidly buy them before they go higher.

The prices will naturally fall.

Most people buy as the need arises. Only speculators buy on market movement.

And given this is Eve Online, I wish the market speculators all the luck in the world. Twisted

"Blow it all on Quafe and strippers." --- Sorlac

ISD TYPE40
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#36 - 2012-10-12 20:50:38 UTC
As we already have more than enough threads on this topic I will lock this one and ask you to take the discussion to one of the others - ISD Type40.

[b]ISD Type40 Lt. Commander Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs) Interstellar Services Department[/b]

Previous page12