These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Daredevil pvp fits?

Author
Hazen Koraka
HK Enterprises
#1 - 2012-10-12 07:31:55 UTC
Hi anyone have a decent daredevil pvp fit? I've looked on battleclinic, and the fits proposed weren't that great.

I'm thinking basically,

2xLight Neutron blasters,
Neut or some kind,
web, scram, afterburner,
armor repper? adaptive nano membrance? damage control, field stab?

I've fitted one and its dps although good, isn't spectacular (around 240 dps unheated, 327 heated). I've heard you can get over 400 with them ( I guess that would be a complete gank fit with no tank).

Is there a good comprimise between gank and tank and still get 400 dps? I had to use a cpu mod in one of the lows for the current fit I have plus an overclock rig, and I hate using fitting stuff!

I have adv. weapon upgrades 4 and all the core fitting skills to 5.

Exploration is Random. Random is Random... or is it?! http://docs.python.org/2/library/random.html

Belthazor4011
Battle BV Redux
#2 - 2012-10-12 10:18:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Belthazor4011
The thing is a total pain to fit, no matter how you fit it there are other ships better and cheaper.
Abannan
Jerkasaurus Wrecks Inc.
Sedition.
#3 - 2012-10-12 11:12:42 UTC
150mm railguns, faction web, faction point, deadspace AB
assuming you have minmatar frigate 5 (if you don't why are you flying a daredevil) a target that is webbed but still using its mwd will be slower then you using your afterburner. So just kite it around until its dead
Ravnik
Infinate Horizon
#4 - 2012-10-12 12:16:40 UTC
Abannan wrote:
assuming you have minmatar frigate 5 (if you don't why are you flying a daredevil) a target that is webbed but still using its mwd will be slower then you using your afterburner. So just kite it around until its dead

Altho if you have point on him, he wont be using mwd either Blink

The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long - and you have burned so very, very brightly..........

Hazen Koraka
HK Enterprises
#5 - 2012-10-12 12:24:50 UTC
Ravnik wrote:
Abannan wrote:

Altho if you have point on him, he wont be using mwd either Blink

Except I guess using rails, he's gonna be kiting at 14km range or so, so it would just be a disruptor and not scram.
What's the range of an overheated web, its about 14km? (not sure)

Exploration is Random. Random is Random... or is it?! http://docs.python.org/2/library/random.html

Meditril
Hoplite Brigade
Ushra'Khan
#6 - 2012-10-12 12:26:57 UTC
As far as I remember the most important thing for fitting a Daredevil is that everything (especially: Web + MWD) is Faction or Dead Space stuff :-)
Hazen Koraka
HK Enterprises
#7 - 2012-10-12 12:30:17 UTC
Yea my current fit has T2 guns and faction adaptive nano (C-Type), C-Type Afterburner, T2 web.

Should the web be a faction one? Is the increase that much better?

BadAssMcKill
Aliastra
#8 - 2012-10-12 16:44:37 UTC
Hazen Koraka wrote:
Yea my current fit has T2 guns and faction adaptive nano (C-Type), C-Type Afterburner, T2 web.

Should the web be a faction one? Is the increase that much better?

The 4km extra you get from a Fed Navy web is nice to have and if you plan to kite I'd say it is worth getting.
Maeltstome
Ten Thousand Days
#9 - 2012-10-12 21:09:35 UTC
You kite with a rail devil. You use the web to maintain range. You never sit at a perfect range and never move from there.

You fit 125's/150's and orbit at around 15-20km, if they get close you web them and keep out of tackle range so you can continue to cut them in half. If they are a ranged kite fit then you bum rush them and melt them with 230+ rail DPS.

This isn't some auto-win-orbit-at-7km-with-ab-and-scram-and-web ship like a hookbill, it requires skill to fly. But it's potentially unbeatable due to its huge damage and ability to escape tackle. The main points to take away from this are:

You don't need 200mil in modules on this ship.
You dot hit orbit and then go afk.
You are the scariest frig in the game with rails.
Blasters are pointless since the above mentioned AB-Web-Scram fits will ****** pound you.

And as a final note: Being faster than someone while webbed doesnt help if they can hold a scram on you while friends arrive. This is why MWD + 20k+ point work best in the real world.

Hazen Koraka
HK Enterprises
#10 - 2012-10-13 15:00:10 UTC
Sounds like a tricky ship to fly properly :P

If Im rail fit, may as well use a harpy :P