These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

My EVE

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Video] Verge of collapse PVP

Author
90JpHoule90
Perkone
Caldari State
#1 - 2012-10-09 23:15:17 UTC
After playing this game for a couple of years, I finally decided to start frapsing my fights and do videos. Last weekend, I edited 3 short clips of the footage I had to see how the programs work.

I would appreciate any comments on how to improve for when I have enought footage for a full lenght video.

Here's what I have.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usBlY3asf1w&feature=channel&list=UL

Soundtrack:

Burn it down - Linkin park
Down with the sickness - Disturbed
Indestructible - Disturbed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8NJxZ67Cf8&feature=channel&list=UL

Soundtrack:

Narcissistic cannibal - Korn (ft. Skrillex and Kill The Noise)
Get up - Korn (ft. Skrillex)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiyJ0TyT1ZM&feature=channel&list=UL

Soundtrack:

Inside the fire - Disturbed
Noisrevbus
#2 - 2012-10-10 01:34:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Noisrevbus
I must admit i really enjoyed the WH-action in the second movie with the Eos-Astarte combo. There were many fine details to notice there, like when you spotted the Proteus attempting to disengage, weighed the situation and got ontop of him in the knick of time.

The only thing i can think of that there might be a demand for, is a short description of the tactics or ground-plan for each gang. There are alot of players who might not know how you play/fly, what you do or why you do it. A quick explanation for newer players that define the basic tactics could be a nice addition. Overall, i don't have much more to add - i'd say it's a good general quality (content, camera work, basic editing and narrative), especially for a first set of movies.

As vBR-style movies pakaged with limited editing they have everything i could ask for.

Keep them comming! Pirate
Derath Ellecon
ATRAX.
Shadow Cartel
#3 - 2012-10-10 12:57:49 UTC
I may be th eodd person out, but personally I really enjoy being able to hear the comms during battles. Especially larger battles, as they often are fought with the camera zoomed out making it harder to follow (less interesting) to begin with.

Even if it isn't all comms all the time, sometimes hearing key parts over the music makes the fights way more interesting, at least for me.
HandofSatan
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#4 - 2012-10-11 02:33:03 UTC
90 actually remembered to fraps something o.O. That fight vs tribal band looked great, wish I was there :( Nice job btw.
Keno Skir
#5 - 2012-10-11 05:36:28 UTC
Lose the cliche soundtracks. Every game video in the world has disturbed or similar "metal" soundtracks. Try to match actual music to the vibe of the fight rather than anything vaguely excitingyou can find. Linkin Park have no business anywhere near something this amazing :P
StarFleetCommander
V0LTA
WE FORM V0LTA
#6 - 2012-10-11 12:01:21 UTC
Keno Skir wrote:
Lose the cliche soundtracks. Every game video in the world has disturbed or similar "metal" soundtracks. Try to match actual music to the vibe of the fight rather than anything vaguely excitingyou can find. Linkin Park have no business anywhere near something this amazing :P

To be fair linkin parks songs are good tho
Laktos
Perkone
Caldari State
#7 - 2012-10-11 14:48:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Laktos
Keno Skir wrote:

That's very much based on personal taste. Garmonation's 1 through 6 is like 90% Disturbed songs. And I rewatch them all the time mostly for the music :D

As for the videos. I would strongly recommend including both a kill/death counter with what ships you have killed so far and lost so far in a fight, and also a running text commentary on what is happening during the fight and why you and your gang are doing certain things and how you are reacting to actions the enemy is making. Gang PVP videos by nature tend to be a lot harder to watch and follow what is going on onscreen.

Personally I know how frustratingly hard it can be to capture gang-pvp footage that is as awesome to watch back in a video as it was to experience first-hand, so I wish you the best of luck with producing your full-length vid.

Latest PVP Video: Perseverance

Sard Caid does not endorse this message.

Galdornae
Ice Fire Warriors
#8 - 2012-10-12 00:20:43 UTC
My personal rule is music for solo videos, comms for fleet/gang videos.
90JpHoule90
Perkone
Caldari State
#9 - 2012-10-12 01:17:47 UTC
Thanks for the comment.

I will take it into consideration when I do my video.

Basically:
Get better at editing
Explain more what is going on
Choose good song (I'll do the best I can)

About the comms, the thing is all those fight are at 200% speed. I don't know how I could add comms on it with the speed at 200%. I also don't want to put them at 100% because I wouldn't be able to fitt alot of content in the video.
Jezs
This is not the corporation you are looking for
#10 - 2012-10-12 04:11:46 UTC
Ham tengu best tengu
Laktos
Perkone
Caldari State
#11 - 2012-10-12 04:18:08 UTC
90JpHoule90 wrote:
About the comms, the thing is all those fight are at 200% speed. I don't know how I could add comms on it with the speed at 200%. I also don't want to put them at 100% because I wouldn't be able to fitt alot of content in the video.

One possible option is to have the clip sped up with music playing the majority of the time then slow down to 100x, quieten the music and overlay comms at certain critical points in the fight, then resume to music and fast speed. But that is quite a lot of extra editing and needs to be done well so it doesn't become too abrasive to the viewer.

Otherwise if you play it at 100x with voice comms for the whole thing you're gonna end up with one super long fight in the whole video and nothing else lol. That can work really well, but it needs to be a pretty damn good fight that you feel deserves its own video. I did one of those once, but it was for corp/fleet-mate consumption to commemorate a roam that was pretty awesome for us but probably doesn't contain much of interest for the general public, hence I've never posted it.

Latest PVP Video: Perseverance

Sard Caid does not endorse this message.

Casirio
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2012-10-12 05:46:34 UTC
awesome vids. particularlly the first one. really awesome tactics and situational awareness. I would really enjoy some of the comms/FC in the vid at particular points. would be cool to see some more of the fast kiting tactics against the blob. keep it up man!
HandofSatan
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#13 - 2012-10-12 16:21:07 UTC
Casirio wrote:
awesome vids. particularlly the first one. really awesome tactics and situational awareness. I would really enjoy some of the comms/FC in the vid at particular points. would be cool to see some more of the fast kiting tactics against the blob. keep it up man!

Usually kiting is up to the pilot, we normally align off if there is a gang that we just can not handle. More then likely you would only get warnings that a gang was landing and general position you should be in relative to some point in space. I do agree though because the fc is amazing and is hilarious so would be a blast to listen to, but you wouldnt learn any new tactics imo just winning.
Casirio
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2012-10-12 18:12:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Casirio
HandofSatan wrote:
Casirio wrote:

Usually kiting is up to the pilot, we normally align off if there is a gang that we just can not handle. More then likely you would only get warnings that a gang was landing and general position you should be in relative to some point in space. I do agree though because the fc is amazing and is hilarious so would be a blast to listen to, but you wouldnt learn any new tactics imo just winning.

well I understand that.. I can see from the pilot who's recording people are doing their own align points and what not and individual skill is the key here not just good FC'ing. but yeah, I enjoy VoC videos where I can hear the FC cus well, they just seem top notch. I meant more videos of that kinda style because I enjoy watching and learning from them.
Keno Skir
#15 - 2012-10-15 01:02:35 UTC
StarFleetCommander wrote:
To be fair linkin parks songs are good tho

No.
Ludi Burek
Exit-Strategy
Unchained Alliance
#16 - 2012-10-15 07:24:49 UTC
Very enjoyable videos. Loved the command ship duo not letting anything escape and the hero tackle on the vaga by your interceptor pilot in the first vid. I swear I was expecting him to turn into a white wreck any moment Big smile
ROSSLINDEN0
Lowlife.
Snuffed Out
#17 - 2012-10-24 07:42:57 UTC
Nice videos man!
Meridith Akesia
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#18 - 2012-10-24 11:22:55 UTC
Galdornae wrote:
My personal rule is music for solo videos, comms for fleet/gang videos.

What if you talk to yourself while soloing?