These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

CCP, how many trillionaires are in the game now

Author
Dinsdale Pirannha
Pirannha Corp
#1 - 2012-10-11 16:44:03 UTC
We could ask CCP Diogaras, but he is gone, and clearly, no one is picking up where he left off.

But surely someone is available to run a simple SQL query and post how many chars are trillionaires.
Roll Sizzle Beef
Space Mutiny
#2 - 2012-10-11 16:48:50 UTC
His info should have been a CQ tv channel. Just spooling random info of the universe. The Concord statistics channel. The weather channel of EvE.
Kitty Bear
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#3 - 2012-10-11 16:50:05 UTC
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
We could ask CCP Diogaras, but he is gone, and clearly, no one is picking up where he left off.

But surely someone is available to run a simple SQL query and post how many chars are trillionaires.

why should CCP make that information public ?

those who want to, can show thier skills, thier ISK etc on eveboard

you can assume. that over time the number of people with more disposable income will rise, it's the only form of powercreep that CCP can do little to curtail, as if they did it would negatively impact newer players far more.
flakeys
Doomheim
#4 - 2012-10-11 16:56:18 UTC
Who even gives a crapper tbh ?

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

Gogela
Epic Ganking Time
CODE.
#5 - 2012-10-11 16:58:50 UTC
I think you'll find that the pilot who was clever enough to accrue a trillion ISK will also be clever enough not to keep it in his wallet as ISK, but rather hedge him/herself against inflation w/ game items and PLEX. A wallet balance is only a small part of a capsuleers wealth. Some have their ISK spread out over many accounts. How do you put a price tag on all of their corp assets, like POCOs and POSs?

tl;dr; Even if CCP could get you the top player ISK balances, it wouldn't be of much use to answering the OP's question.

Signatures should be used responsibly...

Spurty
#6 - 2012-10-11 17:00:53 UTC
One would be too many.

But why ask? They aren't doing anything with it apparently (no major alliance vanished over night), so they are lame ducks with huge wallets. Still lame and still ducks

I always liked the threads where we cared about super cap and Titan numbers. Those were most interesting to read. Proliferation of weapons of war. Could see who was a threat to who.

I suspect these threads stopped as politics destroyed all pvp vs the big guys. People just don't fight in this game. Seems a waste of people's time to be honest :-/

Sigh

There are good ships,

And wood ships,

And ships that sail the sea

But the best ships are Spaceships

Built by CCP

Saede Riordan
Alexylva Paradox
#7 - 2012-10-11 17:16:03 UTC
Roll Sizzle Beef wrote:
His info should have been a CQ tv channel. Just spooling random info of the universe. The Concord statistics channel. The weather channel of EvE.

I'd support this
Lin-Young Borovskova
Doomheim
#8 - 2012-10-11 17:17:19 UTC
flakeys wrote:
Who even gives a crapper tbh ?

What the man said. Lol

brb

Speaker for TheDead
Fusion Enterprises Ltd
Pandemic Horde
#9 - 2012-10-11 17:39:47 UTC
everyone but you?

"Inception date: [u]Expired[/u]."

Kurfin
Kippers and Jam Developments
#10 - 2012-10-11 17:44:30 UTC
Confirming that I'm not one. Can't vouch for anyone else though.
Palovana
Inner Fire Inc.
#11 - 2012-10-11 18:00:40 UTC
So what is 1,000,000,000,000 ISK worth?

At 600M ISK per PLEX, that's 1667 (rounding off).

Now let's assume that CCP runs that 30 PLEX package sale on a permanent basis, 30 PLEX for $450 and you buy 30-pack per month, and sell them in-game for ISK.

That's 18,000,000,000 ISK for your $450 per month.

After 56 months of doing this, you could have 1,000,000,000,000 ISK.

Or you could have a new car for that $25,000 you spent.

The above isn't taking any kind of PLEX price (in-game ISK or real money) changes into account for the theoretical 56-month time frame either. Actual numbers will vary due to fees/taxes/etc.

Are there people who have $25K to blow? Certainly, places like Las Vegas wouldn't exist without them.

Are there people willing to blow $25K on virtual spaceships? Not likely.
Robert De'Arneth
#12 - 2012-10-11 18:09:47 UTC
Why do you need to know this information would be my question?

I'm a nerd, you can check my stats!! Skilling Int/Mem at 45 sp per minute is how I mack!     I'm like a lapdog, all bark no bite. 

Sarmea Moon
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2012-10-11 20:05:12 UTC
Saede Riordan wrote:
Roll Sizzle Beef wrote:

I'd support this

I'd need a space-remote. Then I'd clammor for more new channels, as 2 simply isn't enough. Perhaps a "sports" channel like the tourneys and frig racing, but all the time (ESPN for capsuleers, NASCAR for podpilots). A fashion channel hosted by Backdoor Bandit, and "Mining with Chribba". This will just lead to us logging into EvE, flipping our virtual remotes, and watching our toons watch 200 channels of nothing on.

It's a slippery slope I tell you!!!

The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse [lady of commercial virtue]. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.- James Nicoll

Ludi Burek
Exit-Strategy
Unchained Alliance
#14 - 2012-10-12 00:02:35 UTC
Robert De'Arneth wrote:

For hating on those people of course.
rodyas
Tie Fighters Inc
#15 - 2012-10-12 00:54:46 UTC
a trillion.

Signature removed for inappropriate language - CCP Eterne

Touval Lysander
Zero Wine
#16 - 2012-10-12 01:14:48 UTC
Ludi Burek wrote:
Robert De'Arneth wrote:

For hating on those people of course.

Or laughing at them because they don't.

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

Nex apparatu5
Blackwood Co.
#17 - 2012-10-12 01:36:58 UTC
Spurty wrote:

I suspect these threads stopped as politics destroyed all pvp vs the big guys. People just don't fight in this game. Seems a waste of people's time to be honest :-/

Considering the fact that nullsec is burning right now as three major regional conflicts are going on, I assume you don't have any nullsec experience.
Alaekessa
Matari Combat Research and Manufacture Inc.
#18 - 2012-10-12 02:02:38 UTC
Palovana wrote:

I remember hearing a rumor that there was a russian who spent $1000 a month on PLEX, that was a while ago though and probably just a rumor anyway.
Darius Ybar
Midnight Mulisha
#19 - 2012-10-12 02:10:29 UTC
Palovana wrote:

Now let's assume that CCP runs that 30 PLEX package sale on a permanent basis, 30 PLEX for $450 and you buy 30-pack per month, and sell them in-game for ISK.

The above isn't taking any kind of PLEX price (in-game ISK or real money) changes into account for the theoretical 56-month time frame either. Actual numbers will vary due to fees/taxes/etc.

Are there people who have $25K to blow? Certainly, places like Las Vegas wouldn't exist without them.

Lol this puts a little ******* perspective on it doesn't it? Shocked
Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#20 - 2012-10-12 02:13:02 UTC
Darius Ybar wrote:
Palovana wrote:

Lol this puts a little ******* perspective on it doesn't it? Shocked

$25K on a car? I blew that much on my bike P

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

12Next page