These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

How do I turn off AUR spam?

Author
Garbad theWeak
#1 - 2011-10-17 21:30:50 UTC
I want nothing to do with the entire system. Is there any way to disable the free gifts/spam and all that crap? It you can disable the buttons and such too that would be great.

Thanks.
DeliciousHamBeast
The Elenianlightenment
#2 - 2011-10-17 21:32:26 UTC
It's free isk (buy things, sell em on the market), why complain about that?

-- Beep Beep Imma Jeep.

mechtech
Ice Liberation Army
#3 - 2011-10-17 21:34:11 UTC
No there is not. As with all other features in Eve, you might see talk about it, but it's not something you have to partake in.

If people want to fund CCP by buying fancy clothes, more power to them Roll

As a side note, CCP has stated that AUR transferring will be coming sooner or later, so you will eventually be able to trade any unwanted AUR away to a random noob with 2 mouse clicks eventually.
Generals4
#4 - 2011-10-17 21:34:49 UTC
DeliciousHamBeast wrote:
It's free isk (buy things, sell em on the market), why complain about that?

Because he didn't find anything else to complain about. Which is quite surprising as EVE still has many more legitimate issues than "oh my gawd, they give me free aurum!"

_-Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily. _

DeliciousHamBeast
The Elenianlightenment
#5 - 2011-10-17 21:40:42 UTC
Generals4 wrote:

Because he didn't find anything else to complain about. Which is quite surprising as EVE still has many more legitimate issues than "oh my gawd, they give me free aurum!"

Those monsters gave him free things, FOR SHAME!

-- Beep Beep Imma Jeep.

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#6 - 2011-10-17 21:44:58 UTC
Garbad theWeak wrote:
I want nothing to do with the entire system. Is there any way to disable the free gifts/spam and all that crap? It you can disable the buttons and such too that would be great.

Thanks.

I'd hang onto them.

They may come in handy as apparently the panties you currently have are in a bunch.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Tora Oni
Legendary Sidekicks in Space
#7 - 2011-10-17 21:53:51 UTC
I understand your pain. Just buy something of your AUR and contract it to me. I will give it to a good cause...... Blink
Renan Ruivo
Forcas armadas
Brave Collective
#8 - 2011-10-17 21:55:11 UTC
Save the AUR.

The world is a community of idiots doing a series of things until it explodes and we all die.

mkint
#9 - 2011-10-17 23:21:53 UTC
No, the tacky bright blue neon lights on your wallet pointing to space-gold is part of the wh0re st0re philosophy. There is no way to opt out. CCP does not believe in allowing their already paying customers to choose NOT to take part in awful "features." The worse the feature the less opportunity to opt out.

Maxim 6. If violence wasn’t your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.

Alyssa Yotosala
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#10 - 2011-10-17 23:34:14 UTC
mkint wrote:
Bleating

That is one hell of a party trick. You and the OP speak, but pathetic sounds come out instead.

So let me get this straight. CCP are giving away free stuff, but because some extreme minority ( you ) dont want it, and get your knickers in a twist, you think that CCP should spend a non-trivial amount of resources to add features to EVE so *you* dont have to see a couple of words every now and again?

lol, how pathetic.

Ill rate this a 4/10 troll attempt. 3 points for originality, and 1 point for execution.

Kaede Kimura
Perkone
Caldari State
#11 - 2011-10-17 23:35:26 UTC
OP, you're the kind of person who thinks that when they defriend someone on facebook, it's like a public crucifixion. If you really hate/don't care about this feature then just ignore it.
Taedrin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2011-10-17 23:52:06 UTC
Garbad theWeak wrote:

Thanks.

eveonline.com -> Account Management -> Game Time -> Cancel Subscription.
The Apostle
Doomheim
#13 - 2011-10-18 00:08:59 UTC
mkint wrote:
There is no way to opt out. CCP does not believe in allowing their already paying customers to choose NOT to take part in awful "features." The worse the feature the less opportunity to opt out.

lol wha??!

Waddya want, your own personal UI?

Don't use, touch, spend or look at the AUR. There, look, you've opted out.

One of these days Alice.... One of these days.....

[i]Take an aspirin. If pain persists consult your local priest. WTB: An Austrian kangaroo![/i]

non judgement
Without Fear
Flying Burning Ships Alliance
#14 - 2011-10-18 00:33:04 UTC  |  Edited by: non judgement
Everyone should move everything in the world around. So that I only see the things in life that i'm interested in and move the things I don't like far away, so I don't have to go through life seeing things I don't like.

Everything my way! Now!

And don't you dare think about walking down a highway somewhere.
Garbad theWeak
#15 - 2011-10-18 20:41:23 UTC
Bump, anyone know a way?
Corina Jarr
en Welle Shipping Inc.
#16 - 2011-10-18 20:49:13 UTC
Garbad theWeak wrote:
Bump, anyone know a way?

Yep. Unsubscribe.

Please?
Garbad theWeak
#17 - 2011-10-18 20:57:54 UTC
Corina Jarr wrote:
Garbad theWeak wrote:
Bump, anyone know a way?

Yep. Unsubscribe.

Please?
Can you keep your wit to your facebook wall? Surely someone there cares.
Corina Jarr
en Welle Shipping Inc.
#18 - 2011-10-18 21:05:12 UTC
Garbad theWeak wrote:
Corina Jarr wrote:
Garbad theWeak wrote:
Bump, anyone know a way?

Yep. Unsubscribe.

Please?
Can you keep your wit to your facebook wall? Surely someone there cares.

What wit?

Anyway, that is the only way to avoid the "spam" as you call it (and it isn't spam in any recognized definition of the word). Well, I guess you could just ignore it, but that would be too hard.
KaarBaak
Squirrel Team
#19 - 2011-10-18 21:19:32 UTC
Corina Jarr wrote:
Garbad theWeak wrote:
Bump, anyone know a way?

Yep. Unsubscribe.

Please?

This^^

It's best for everybody...think of it was a win-win.

Dum Spiro Spero

Industrializer Tekitsu
Perkone
Caldari State
#20 - 2011-10-18 21:19:45 UTC
Try this.
12Next page