These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

stupid mistakes

First post
Author
Mau Uamredel
Perkone
Caldari State
#1 - 2012-10-10 18:48:37 UTC
What's the stupidest thing you've ever done in EvE?

Today I just bought a Large Shield Extender II for 800 mil thinking it was 800k. I think the moment before I hit the buy button a little voice in my head was like "nooooooooooo!!!!" but it was too late....
Jim Era
#2 - 2012-10-10 18:49:37 UTC
paid my sub :F

Wat™

James 315
Experimental Fun Times Corp RELOADED
CODE.
#3 - 2012-10-10 18:51:53 UTC
Mau Uamredel wrote:
Today I just bought a Large Shield Extender II for 800 mil thinking it was 800k. I think the moment before I hit the buy button a little voice in my head was like "nooooooooooo!!!!" but it was too late....

That wasn't a little voice in your head, it was the warning pop-up that tells you the product is way over market value. Smile
Senarrius
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#4 - 2012-10-10 18:52:18 UTC
Wasting all my unallocated skill points on some Amarr rubbish ( just to play around with their battleships and weapons) instead of spending them on those lvl5 skills I should have.
Mau Uamredel
Perkone
Caldari State
#5 - 2012-10-10 18:54:41 UTC
James 315 wrote:
Mau Uamredel wrote:

That wasn't a little voice in your head, it was the warning pop-up that tells you the product is way over market value. Smile

Yeah I actually knew it was way over market value (but not by 799 million), and was like yeah yeah go away little box...
Kari Juptris
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#6 - 2012-10-10 18:56:29 UTC
When I was a newbie I was a hisec miner. Some guy in a Thorax canflipped me so I grabbed my trusty missioning Caracal, expecting to kick his ass because I had done so well against rats. http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=16274711

A few days later while trying to make some money to buy a new Caracal I jumped into lowsec for the first time on a trading run. I didn't realize how dangerous lowsec could be and jumped in unscouted in a mammoth. http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=4293759
Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#7 - 2012-10-10 19:01:04 UTC
I let someone hold something for me while I looked away for a second

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

energypills
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2012-10-10 19:10:07 UTC
Many broker accounts like ETrade have specific buyer protection automatically setup so that when you buy something you don't make a mistake.

It is amazing that this is one of the MAJOR things that CCP knows needs to be fixed and doesn't. They need to at least allow you to set your own threshold or limit when purchasing an item. So you don't end up ripping yourself off.

Especially with the text so small - the option to make it larger doesn't work because in some menus the text is so large that it cuts off the entire menu and does not branch off ( like your windows start button menu ). This is also a fail CCP needs to fix.
Lord Ryan
True Xero
#9 - 2012-10-10 19:14:00 UTC
Jim Era wrote:
paid my sub :F

+1

Do not assume anything above this line was typed by me. Nerf the Truth, it's inconvenient.

Marlona Sky
State War Academy
Caldari State
#10 - 2012-10-10 19:17:23 UTC
Last night I accidentally listed a Large Shield Extender II for 800 million. Brokers fee is high on that. Oh we'll. I'll adjust the price later tonight when I get home.
Adeleda Adoudel
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2012-10-10 19:23:24 UTC
Before I knew what subsystems were I bought a tengu Hull and the skillbooks for 500mil. I also fell for the margin trading scam.
Krakhen
Praetors of Orpheus
#12 - 2012-10-10 19:27:22 UTC
Marlona Sky wrote:
Last night I accidentally listed a Large Shield Extender II for 800 million. Brokers fee is high on that. Oh we'll. I'll adjust the price later tonight when I get home.

Haha! Touché! Big smile
Mau Uamredel
Perkone
Caldari State
#13 - 2012-10-10 19:30:53 UTC
Marlona Sky wrote:

was it in Nakugard?
Riot Girl
You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
#14 - 2012-10-10 19:36:41 UTC
I've never made a terrible mistake but I came close once. When I first started playing, I had saved up about 450m ISK and I went to Jita to buy a Caldari Cruiser skill book but I accidentally clicked on Caldari Carrier instead. Luckily the book was around 465m so I was just slightly short of cash, otherwise the sale would have gone through.
Alice Saki
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#15 - 2012-10-10 19:38:06 UTC
I alt + Tab in HS all the time flying Pricey T3's.... Yeah the Navy don't like me....

FREEZE! Drop the LIKES AND WALK AWAY! - Currenly rebuilding gaming machine, I will Return.

Lord Ryan
True Xero
#16 - 2012-10-10 19:39:44 UTC
Riot Girl wrote:
I've never made a terrible mistake but I came close once. When I first started playing, I had saved up about 450m ISK and I went to Jita to buy a Caldari Cruiser skill book but I accidentally clicked on Caldari Carrier instead. Luckily the book was around 465m so I was just slightly short of cash, otherwise the sale would have gone through.

Sorry I gotta one up you.
I not only bought caldari carrier, I trained caldari and minmatar caps.

Do not assume anything above this line was typed by me. Nerf the Truth, it's inconvenient.

Alpheias
The Khaleph
#17 - 2012-10-10 19:48:19 UTC
I don't do stupid mistakes. I am simply perfect.

Lord Ryan wrote:
Riot Girl wrote:

Sorry I gotta one up you.
I not only bought caldari carrier, I trained caldari and minmatar caps.

Ouch! That is like the epitome of stupidity.

Not even suicide, no matter how nice and neat, would restore your honor!

Agent of Chaos, Sower of Discord.

Don't talk to me unless you are IQ verified and certified with three references from non-family members. Please have your certificate of authenticity on hand.

Celebris Nexterra
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#18 - 2012-10-10 20:55:29 UTC
Romvex
TURN LEFT
HYDRA RELOADED
#19 - 2012-10-10 21:52:56 UTC
Celebris Nexterra wrote:

you sir know the meaning of true pain. my condolences
CCP Tuxford
C C P