These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

How to counter the goon suicides

First post
Author
VegasMirage
Syndicate Enterprise
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#41 - 2012-09-29 17:50:01 UTC
I've been inspired, I shall release the Kraken!!!

no more games... it's real this time!!!

7'62 SKS
Doomheim
#42 - 2012-09-29 21:16:12 UTC
Truly inspirational thread.

It was mentioned earlier that these freighter ganks are "always in the same systems." Which systems would those be exactly?

Slap Chop
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#43 - 2012-10-02 01:49:19 UTC
7'62 SKS wrote:

It was mentioned earlier that these freighter ganks are "always in the same systems." Which systems would those be exactly?

Poitot
SmilingVagrant
Doomheim
#44 - 2012-10-04 03:38:53 UTC
Slap Chop wrote:
7'62 SKS wrote:

Poitot

Are you aware that Poitot is the only named system in Syndicate?
Xolve
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#45 - 2012-10-04 05:21:25 UTC
SmilingVagrant wrote:
Are you aware that Poitot is the only named system in Syndicate?

6-24 doesn't care what corp you are in
6-24 doesn't care what alliance you are in
6-24 will ******* kill you
Ke'Daar
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#46 - 2012-10-04 05:45:34 UTC
Hemmo Paskiainen wrote:
They are always doing it in same systems,

get yourselve and alt

wait untill they suicide

pop the wreck

convo them, tell them you want xxx amount of isk per freighter or xx amount of loot

profit!!

problem fixed

or just skip the ransomming part to just grief them

I know I should not, but I can not hold it any longer.... Bwuha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha....LolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLol
Xylorn Hasher
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#47 - 2012-10-08 07:43:45 UTC
Ensign X wrote:
FluffyDice wrote:
You missed the step where you get concorded for destroying someones property.

Except, you don't get CONCORDed for popping their wreck. You get flagged for aggression against the owner of the wreck and his corp, but CONCORD doesn't care.

Not true.
Wreck still belongs to previous ship pilot. Popping it causes GCC even in lowsec. Im pretty sure hisec mechanic works the same.

All my posts are made shortly after Marihuana consumption.

Sakiya Shiratori
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#48 - 2012-10-08 08:00:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Sakiya Shiratori
nvm
Doddy
Excidium.
#49 - 2012-10-08 08:10:16 UTC
Pretty sure people have been popping gank wrecks since suicide ganking was invented.
Backfyre
Hohmann Transfer
#50 - 2012-10-08 14:06:45 UTC
Herping yourDerp wrote:
how to counter goon ganks
don't undock in freighters with over 1bil

Actually, I think the "break even" point is more like 600M based upon their recent demonstrations of only needing 4 brutix, an oracle and 5 catalysts.

Perhaps the Eos finally has a use - 3 warfare links to boost passive shield / armor resists. That would at least boost the profit point to 800M in cargo...Roll

Fact is, if you're gonna carry low volume high value items, like officer mods, use a blockade runner fit for null sec and pilot it like your running gate camps in lowsec. If you need to move a couple faction battleships, you can individually pilot them to their final destination in less time than your freighter will make the trip one way.

Goons are just smacking down those rookie pilots who squeal "oooiiiinnnnnk!" as they traverse hisec.
Dirk Magnum
Spearhead Endeavors
#51 - 2012-10-08 16:23:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Dirk Magnum
Hemmo Paskiainen wrote:
convo them, tell them you want xxx amount of isk per freighter or xx amount of loot

When exactly is this phase of the plan supposed to occur? Because it sounds like it's supposed to take place after the gank has already happened... which is just a bit silly.

Backfyre wrote:
Perhaps the Eos finally has a use - 3 warfare links to boost passive shield / armor resists.

Nop.
Damnation for shield and bonused armor resistance. But like you said it would just raise the minimum profitability threshold a bit. People will still carry billions in the cargo.

"LIVE FAST DIE." - traditional Minmatar ethos [citation needed]

Siestaa
Doomheim
#52 - 2012-10-09 15:36:42 UTC
lol goons saying "its not about money!"

FAIL PROPAGANDA BEST PROPAGANDA
Pipa Porto
#53 - 2012-10-09 15:39:14 UTC
Siestaa wrote:

Where has anyone said that?

Goons have been pretty clear that nearly all of their schemes are about the money.

EvE: Everyone vs Everyone

-RubyPorto

Bugsy VanHalen
Society of lost Souls
#54 - 2012-10-09 16:22:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Bugsy VanHalen
Although I did post earlier about how popping wrecks could be an effective anti ganking tool.

From what I have read the GOONS started the freighter ganking for luls but it has continued because it has proven profitable. As long as they can at least break even replacing their ships they will continue, and possibly scale it up.

The real problem is there are far to many stupid freighter pilots that make this activity highly profitable.

Trying to pop a freighter wreck before they can loot it would certainly be harder than it sounds.

But I will remain in my opinion that the only way to combat this is to hit them in the pocket book. True they are doing it for luls, they are doing it because they are bored. But if it starts costing them hundreds of millions per gank they will slow down if not give up on it.

Unfortunately the only way to truly make it unprofitable is to not make yourself a profitable target. There are hundreds of freighters in and out of Jita every day. They do scan targets before starting the gank. if the freighter one jump behind you is a more profitable gank than you, they will let you pass to hit the higher profit target. they care not who they gank. but they will always choose the highest profit option.

There are far to many stupid freighter pilots hauling far to much value in their holds. Double wrapping your cargo will prevent them from scanning it, but they will certainly ask. What is so valuable to be worth while to double wrap it. If the value of the double wrap was lower than the profit margin than you would be smarter to not double wrap it. They will assume if the cargo is double wrapped that it is worth ganking. In addition double wrapped packages and containers drop with all loot still inside them. there is no loss to waste as there is when only a portion of the cargo contents drops. double wrapped packages and cargo containers guarantee maximum drop value.

For example a freighter full of packaged ships and modules will drop usually 40% of its cargo, rarely more than 50%(volume not value). While a freighter full of loaded shipping containers when popped will drop all the containers from the cargo hold complete with everything they had in them. 100% cargo drop.

I have yet to see a freighter kill mail where I would not consider pilot error/stupidity as the primary reason for the gank. I do not support ganking, but pilots who refuse to fly safe bring it on themselves.
Backfyre
Hohmann Transfer
#55 - 2012-10-09 18:12:19 UTC
Bugsy VanHalen wrote:
Double wrapping your cargo will prevent them from scanning it, but they will certainly ask. What is so valuable to be worth while to double wrap it. If the value of the double wrap was lower than the profit margin than you would be smarter to not double wrap it. They will assume if the cargo is double wrapped that it is worth ganking. In addition double wrapped packages and containers drop with all loot still inside them. there is no loss to waste as there is when only a portion of the cargo contents drops. double wrapped packages and cargo containers guarantee maximum drop value.

Makes me want to double wrap a bookmark titled "LOL" and slow boat (autopilot) to Jita in an iteron 5 or a shuttle... Big smile
Hemmo Paskiainen
#56 - 2012-10-09 19:53:16 UTC
Pipa Porto wrote:
Siestaa wrote:

Goons have been pretty clear that nearly all of their schemes are about the money.

its prolly a way to keep tech artificaly high (lots of tech gos in a jf) to get rid of stockpiles...

troll away dc2 activive in 3..2..1..

If relativity equals time plus momentum, what equals relativity, if the momentum is minus to the time?

Xolve
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#57 - 2012-10-09 23:05:13 UTC
Backfyre wrote:
Makes me want to double wrap a bookmark titled "LOL" and slow boat (autopilot) to Jita in an iteron 5 or a shuttle... Big smile

You'll probably get ganked anyway, but probably not by us.
Cyprus Black
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#58 - 2012-10-10 04:47:47 UTC
I come back from a two month break to find the forums awash with stupidity Sad

Summary of EvEs last four expansions: http://imgur.com/ZL5SM33

Infinimo
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#59 - 2012-10-10 09:18:55 UTC
Cyprus Black wrote:
I come back from a two month break to find the forums awash with stupidity Sad

cool ty for sharing
snipe

Theta Squad best squad. Monocle crew represent~

Pipa Porto
#60 - 2012-10-10 15:27:14 UTC
Hemmo Paskiainen wrote:
Pipa Porto wrote:
Siestaa wrote:

its prolly a way to keep tech artificaly high (lots of tech gos in a jf) to get rid of stockpiles...

troll away dc2 activive in 3..2..1..

That's what I said. The schemes are generally about making money.

EvE: Everyone vs Everyone

-RubyPorto