These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

What is the downside to killing people in low-sec?

Author
Mrs Liverlips
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2012-10-07 19:25:09 UTC
Could it make it so I couldn't dock in NPC stations? Looks like if I kill people in NPC corps it will lower my standing with their corp but that is a very small disadvantage correct?

Thanks for any insights.

Lips
dethleffs
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#2 - 2012-10-07 19:29:22 UTC
err... security status drops?
Mrs Liverlips
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#3 - 2012-10-07 19:32:17 UTC
Ok thanks, I will read up on what that is.
dethleffs
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#4 - 2012-10-07 19:37:30 UTC
http://dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/TheOrangeGuy/Beginners_Guide_to_Piracy_2.1.pdf

see page 26 for sec status mechanics, quite a handy document i must add.
Xylorn Hasher
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#5 - 2012-10-07 20:58:44 UTC
Mrs Liverlips wrote:
Could it make it so I couldn't dock in NPC stations? Looks like if I kill people in NPC corps it will lower my standing with their corp but that is a very small disadvantage correct?

Thanks for any insights.

Lips

First of all podding people and collecting their corpses is much fun, but the fastest way to become flashy outlaw.

Yes, killing people from NPC corps will reduce your standings to that NPC corp.
No, you still will be able to dock at their stations, stations guns wont shoot unless GCC.
So, basicly you wont be able to do missions to some NPC corps your standing is bad.

And yeah being -10 to most NCP corps in area is funny.
I'm -10 to all NPC corps in Minmatar area and still able to fly and dock freely. Its OK unless you have plans of becoming a carebear once more, which i don't.

Cheers

All my posts are made shortly after Marihuana consumption.

Destiny Corrupted
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
Senpai's Afterschool Anime and Gaming Club
#6 - 2012-10-07 23:20:11 UTC
The downside is that you get called a sociopath by well-adjusted, contributing members of society, and then CCP continuously nerfs your playing style.

I wrote some true EVE stories! And no, they're not of the generic "my 0.0 alliance had lots of 0.0 fleets and took a lot of 0.0 space" sort. Check them out here:

https://truestories.eveonline.com/users/2074-destiny-corrupted

Grumpymunky
Monkey Steals The Peach
#7 - 2012-10-07 23:40:21 UTC
Destiny Corrupted wrote:
The downside is that you get called a sociopath by well-adjusted, contributing members of society, and then CCP continuously nerfs your playing style.
Think someone needs a hug.

Post with your monkey.

Thread locked due to lack of pants.

Mrs Liverlips
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#8 - 2012-10-08 00:39:00 UTC
Interesting. Surprisingly, there seems to be little consequence for pirating. Thank you everyone!

Lips
Xylorn Hasher
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#9 - 2012-10-08 07:11:12 UTC
Destiny Corrupted wrote:

All that CCP nerfs so far is hisec griefing. Which is no Piracy at all. Sure we suffer too due to mining barges change, but to be hornest a ship that costs 250m ISK shouldn't die to a single Thorax no matter what.

Pirate's biggest advantage is our ability to adapt quickly. No matter what CCP do we will always find a way to play our style.
Yes some of us are sociopaths, but tell me that popping 500m ISK worth capsule and collecting a floating corpse to do funny things with later doesn't bring a smile on your face!

All my posts are made shortly after Marihuana consumption.

Alice Saki
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#10 - 2012-10-08 09:26:59 UTC
Xylorn Hasher wrote:

All that CCP nerfs so far is hisec griefing. Which is no Piracy at all. Sure we suffer too due to mining barges change, but to be hornest a ship that costs 250m ISK shouldn't die to a single Thorax no matter what.

Wrong, a Pvp Ship Vs a Mining Ship Should no effect on cost. Ones For Killing stuff the others For Killing Rocks.

FREEZE! Drop the LIKES AND WALK AWAY! - Currenly rebuilding gaming machine, I will Return.

Triple Entendre
VoidSpaceTripleInc
#11 - 2012-10-08 10:08:51 UTC
The biggest consequence that I've found is that I usually tend to run into the victim's friends about six seconds later. And they always have a bloody Arazu or six.

God, I hate those things.
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#12 - 2012-10-08 18:39:34 UTC
The biggest consequence with killing people in low sec is drowning in their tears from their keyboard rage pounding in local. Its a delicious way to die.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Val'Dore
PlanetCorp InterStellar
#13 - 2012-10-08 19:55:01 UTC
The downside? You might get a junk bounty rather than a nice one.

Star Jump Drive A new way to traverse the galaxy.

I invented Tiericide

Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#14 - 2012-10-08 19:57:51 UTC
Val'Dore wrote:
The downside? You might get a junk bounty rather than a nice one.

Sucks when all they had fitted is T1 crap that's not even meta 3 X

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Lyrrashae
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#15 - 2012-10-08 20:44:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Lyrrashae
Xylorn Hasher wrote:
Destiny Corrupted wrote:

Pirate's biggest advantage is our ability to adapt quickly. No matter what CCP do we will always find a way to play our style.
Yes some of us are sociopaths, but tell me that popping 500m ISK worth capsule and collecting a floating corpse to do funny things with later doesn't bring a smile on your face!

Oh, for ****'s sakes, another one...Roll

Actually, by the classic definition of piracy, hisec "griefing" is very much piracy. (Well, you can't directly hijack someone else's ship yet, but check some of the exploits of Paul Clavet among others. There are ways, in a manner of speaking at least Twisted. Or at least, there were ways. RIP, ninja-salvaging, you served well and with unswerving "honour." Cry)

Is EVE to remain a sandbox, or not?

Which is it, because you can't have both:

"You can free-PvP there, but hard-coded mechanics/rules forbid free-PvP here" =/= sandbox, it is a core element of a themepark, however carefully disguised.

EVE, being the simplistic, ****-poorly coded, and increasingly clunky game that it is at its core, would make a rather lame themepark, and in any case there are many games that do that far better out there already.

Ni.

Taoist Dragon
Okata Syndicate
#16 - 2012-10-09 00:09:00 UTC
Lyrrashae wrote:
Xylorn Hasher wrote:
Destiny Corrupted wrote:

Oh, for ****'s sakes, another one...Roll

Actually, by the classic definition of piracy, hisec "griefing" is very much piracy. (Well, you can't directly hijack someone else's ship yet, but check some of the exploits of Paul Clavet among others. There are ways, in a manner of speaking at least Twisted. Or at least, there were ways. RIP, ninja-salvaging, you served well and with unswerving "honour." Cry)

Is EVE to remain a sandbox, or not?

Which is it, because you can't have both:

"You can free-PvP there, but hard-coded mechanics/rules forbid free-PvP here" =/= sandbox, it is a core element of a themepark, however carefully disguised.

EVE, being the simplistic, ****-poorly coded, and increasingly clunky game that it is at its core, would make a rather lame themepark, and in any case there are many games that do that far better out there already.

LOL

The 'hard coding' does not stop you from ganking someone in HS......

It is still a sandbox. All the coding is doing is adding meaningfull consequences to your actions in a 'control''ed and patrolled' space.

eg. if you are out in the middle of nowhere in a war and shoot someone there probably won't even be a question asked (null sec). If you are 'in the hood' of a downtrodden city then questions will be asked and penalties will be applied if you are caught in the act but after a relatively short period of time no body bothers about it but you may start getting a reputation as being bad (sec drops). But if you pull out a gun and start shooting in a city center then you will likely be hunted down and penalised/shot (high sec)

get over it and stop crying. And yes i'm a privateer and enjoy a good gank from time to time.

That is the Way, the Tao.

Balance is everything.

Reppyk
The Black Shell
#17 - 2012-10-09 11:01:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Reppyk
Mrs Liverlips wrote:
Pirates are 75% of the lowsec population (the others are 15% of FW alts without guns, 5% of cyno alts and 5% of lost carebears).

I AM SPACE CAPTAIN REPPYK. BEWARE.

Proud co-admin of frugu.net, a French fansite about EVE !

Ristlin Wakefield
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#18 - 2012-10-09 13:35:17 UTC
Reppyk wrote:
Mrs Liverlips wrote:
Pirates are 75% of the lowsec population (the others are 15% of FW alts without guns, 5% of cyno alts and 5% of lost carebears).

You forget people exploring, doing PI, transporting goods, traveling between systems, etc.

Actually pirates only make up 75% of the average low-sec system population when they are gate camping.

I have a lover, her name is EVE. I see her every night and all she asks in return is that I have a pilot's license.

Eugene Kerner
TunDraGon
Goonswarm Federation
#19 - 2012-10-09 13:38:46 UTC
Ristlin Wakefield wrote:
Reppyk wrote:
Mrs Liverlips wrote:

You forget people exploring, doing PI, transporting goods, traveling between systems, etc.

Actually pirates only make up 75% of the average low-sec system population when they are gate camping.

That is a filthy LIE. We have a lot of producers, Miners and pve players...
...right in front of the station...in a Secure Container...they like it there...

TunDraGon is recruiting! "Also, your boobs [:o] "   CCP Eterne, 2012 "When in doubt...make a diȼk joke." Robin Williams - RIP

Reppyk
The Black Shell
#20 - 2012-10-09 13:41:25 UTC
Ristlin Wakefield wrote:

I should have said "living in lowsec", it's not "passing by".

I AM SPACE CAPTAIN REPPYK. BEWARE.

Proud co-admin of frugu.net, a French fansite about EVE !

12Next page