These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

why cant corps share PI facilities?

Author
leavwiz
AWE Corporation
Intrepid Crossing
#1 - 2012-10-08 14:51:08 UTC
Perhaps I missed this somewhere in the training, but is there a reason corpmates can't share facilities on a planet, or route materials to a common port? or access a common customs office in space?
Rengerel en Distel
#2 - 2012-10-08 15:22:26 UTC
Because CCP didn't make it so.

With the increase in shiptoasting, the Report timer needs to be shortened.

Pipa Porto
#3 - 2012-10-08 16:40:53 UTC
leavwiz wrote:
Perhaps I missed this somewhere in the training, but is there a reason corpmates can't share facilities on a planet, or route materials to a common port? or access a common customs office in space?

Cause PI is an individual activity, I suppose.

Possibly to force you to train Amarr Industrial I on each alt.

EvE: Everyone vs Everyone

-RubyPorto

leavwiz
AWE Corporation
Intrepid Crossing
#4 - 2012-10-08 17:30:36 UTC
seems to be faulty logic given that there are industrial corps out there, seems more like a way to snag more isk out of the game via taxes. Just odd that corpmates cant work together on a planet.
Gianath
Gallentian Legitimate Businessmen
#5 - 2012-10-08 19:59:25 UTC
leavwiz wrote:
seems to be faulty logic given that there are industrial corps out there, seems more like a way to snag more isk out of the game via taxes. Just odd that corpmates cant work together on a planet.

Anything that can be done easier across multiple accounts will just make it harder and less profitable for the solo PI enthusiast to justify doing.

I like the idea of sharing PI resources and custom storage, but in reality that will just make one-man corps with tons of alts able to severely outperform anybody who doesn't have lots of alts with a lot less effort than if they ran each operation completely separate as they do now.